PDA

View Full Version : least messy tire shine

330Legend
11-30-2004, 09:50 PM
I used a product called "Eagle One Wet tire shine" with the contoured sponges that came in the package and applied to my tires as per instructions. The tires came out ok, but the liquid ran down to the tread and now my driveway looks like I've been burning rubber on it. What gives a good shine without the mess?
thanks,

Bobby 325i
11-30-2004, 11:06 PM
I've had great success with Vinylex applied to the tires with those special applicators. Leaves a great shine (not too greasy looking) and doesn't sling all over my side skirts and rear bumper.

jvr826
12-01-2004, 08:57 AM
I think you'll find that any tire shine product will stain your driveway if applied there. I use Meguire's Tire and Rubber (#40), also a German product by Auto Glyme, can't recall exact name and it's too damn cold in the garage to go look now. :-)

I think the key is care when applying it to only get it on the side wall and not into the treads. Also letting it dry/cure for a while, then wipe off the excess. I usually take the bottle with me and apply it in a public parking lot while I'm on an errand, then the stain is on their blacktop not mine. :D

On my pick-em-up truck I use the one step tire shine stuff that foams up. But the sidewall on those tires is about 4x the height of the ones on my car, much easier to spray those tires.

The Roadstergal
12-01-2004, 09:50 AM
wipe off the excess

That's exactly it. A friend of mine introduced me to Eagle One, but his mode of application is a quick spritz and a wipe. If it's running off, you're using too much!

http://www.bimmerfest.com/forums/showthread.php?t=59594

LmtdSlip
12-01-2004, 01:40 PM
I use stoners more shine less time spray on.

I find in general that the sprays tend to sling more but I like the ease of application of the sprays.

Stoners seems to sling less and survive water better as well.

330Legend
12-01-2004, 05:27 PM
thanks for the tips and links. I especially like the suggestion of going to a public parking lot! :thumbup:
Out of all the possible solutions that's the one that is guaranteed to work :bigpimp:

MMME30W
12-01-2004, 05:42 PM
Yah, as long as its "jet fockin black" :) :rofl:

BahnBaum
12-01-2004, 06:55 PM
Autoglym rubber care.

Alex