PDA

View Full Version : WARNING EBAY Fraud on 19" Hamann PG3's

GriMpY
12-01-2004, 12:05 AM
http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=7933342546&rd=1&sspagename=STRK%3AMEDW%3AIT

If you guys bidded on these Hamann wheels... I am letting you guys know that some scammer is using the contact forum trying to trick losing bidders into purchasing as a second offer.

As you can tell, the ebay ID of the seller is finishlineraceway.

This is what the email stated that I got from paypal.

Dear ******

eBay Second Chance Offer from Seller Item number: 7933342546 You expressed interest in an item titled:BMW E39 5 SERIES AUTHENTIC HAMANN 19? PG3 W/Michelins Item number: 7933342546 by bidding, however the auction has ended with another member as the high bidder.In compliance with eBay policy, the seller is making this Second Chance Offer to you at your bid price. The seller has issued this Second Chance Offer because either the winning bidder was unable to complete the transaction or the seller has duplicate items for sale. If you accept this offer, you will be able to exchange Feedback with the seller and will be eligible for eBay services associated with a transaction, such as fraud protection. To purchase this item please contact the seller: ceprapadit@aol.com To learn more about Second Chance Of

Please respond to the question on eBay by clicking the button below.

Thank you,
nnichael866

I know how these emails work, basically nnichael866 is the user pretending to be the seller and trying to get second chance offers. His user id was registered on Nov. 29. Obviously a scam. Also since I have had real second chance offers, it is actual second chance offer, not a question from ebay member email.

I already emailed ebay safeharbor regarding the situation.
Just to make things interesting, I replied to the idiot. Check out what he said.

Hi,

The price it's your last bid on this item so if you agree with this price please provide me this details ASAP in order to start this transaction through eBay.
If everything it's OK they will contact you and you will receive an aw-invoice regarding how will be completed this transaction in a safe mode for bouth of us:

first name:
last name:
address:
city:
zip:
ebay ID:
item# :
amount:

Reply ASAP.
Best regards.

PS: I will pay the shipping costs and insurance for the package.

BE WARNED ANYONE THAT BIDDED ON THESE E39 19" HAMANN PG3's on eBay RECENTLY!

RCK
12-01-2004, 12:32 AM
Happens all day long...welcome to eBay :D

VollkommenWar
12-04-2004, 01:03 AM
Wow, I for one was not aware of such ebay scams. Thanks. Now...would I have gone for that...I am usually not scammed by scams...actually I never have been.... i am looking at this one twice though lol.