PDA

View Full Version : e60: pixel out on LCD

craigt-from-atl
12-03-2004, 11:50 AM
I have one, yes only one, pixel that is not correct on my LCD. It is always green for some reason. The car is easily still under warranty. Is this tiny problem something that the dealer would replace under warranty? Maybe I should wait until warranty is almost up to get the most life out of it?

Am I being anal? :D

dagoo98
12-03-2004, 12:20 PM
I have one, yes only one, pixel that is not correct on my LCD. It is always green for some reason. The car is easily still under warranty. Is this tiny problem something that the dealer would replace under warranty? Maybe I should wait until warranty is almost up to get the most life out of it?

Am I being anal? :D
You just $50,000 for an car, maybe I'm anal too but I want everything to be the way that's it supposed to be. If I can notice it I want it fixed.

SBIRS
12-03-2004, 12:50 PM
For one dead pixel I wouldn't waste my time. Think how :mad: you'll be when you find out they washed your car. More than likely they'll have you come back a 2nd time because they don't have your parts. Just wait for more problems. Don't worry it'll happen. :p

Ågent99
12-03-2004, 01:33 PM
I had the same on my NAV screen and I did feel a little stupid about it but any good SA will be happy to replace it for you.

I went ahead and mentioned it and they promptly fixed it under warranty. However, as SBIRS said, you might just wait until you need to take the car in and then tell them about it if it doesn't irritate you every time you look at the screen.

craigt-from-atl
12-06-2004, 08:34 AM
I had the same on my NAV screen and I did feel a little stupid about it but any good SA will be happy to replace it for you.

I went ahead and mentioned it and they promptly fixed it under warranty. However, as SBIRS said, you might just wait until you need to take the car in and then tell them about it if it doesn't irritate you every time you look at the screen.

Yeah. I'll mention it to them and see what they say when I've got it in for service. Even if I get some resistance then, I'll make sure to get it replaced before the warranty is up. :thumbup:

klimas
12-12-2004, 12:12 PM
I have the exact same issue. One pixel out, but I cannot take my eyes off of it when I look at the display. I am scheduled to have this repaired this week.