View Full Version : new key...
i just bought a new key for my 97 528 and no one told me how to program it i understand it has to do with the infared sensor sombody help because the scottsdale north BMW didnt
12-04-2004, 11:17 AM
1) Get in and close all doors.
2) Turn on the ingition and turn off quickly. (No more than 5 seconds) to start the process. Next action must take place within 30 seconds.
3) Remove the 1st key.
4) Hold the key up near your left shoulder (this is so it is closer to the remote reciever antenna - someone else suggested this).
5) Hold down the unlock button (which is button 1 on my key) and press the lock button 3 times (center button on my key). Release the unlock button and the doors lock which confirms the operation.
6) Quickly repeat steps 4 & 5 for key #2 etc.
If it does not work, try doing the keys in opposite order. Key 2 then key1, vs 1 then 2.
03-05-2006, 08:39 PM
I just did it, and work it, thank you for this information.
vBulletin® v3.8.7, Copyright ©2000-2015, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.