PDA

View Full Version : Damaged high beam in '99 528i Xenon Assembly...

ittakes6
12-04-2004, 10:18 AM
Was driving in VA on I-95 when a piece of metal struck my driver's side Xenon headlight assembly. The odd thing is the Xenon is still working but the high-beam Halogen was broken!!!

My question is can this be fixed or do I have to buy a new headlight assembly. Also, if I have self-leveling Xenons is it true I can NOT use the new Angel Eyes on my vehicle?

Thanks for any advise in advanced.

markseven
12-04-2004, 10:30 AM
Was driving in VA on I-95 when a piece of metal struck my driver's side Xenon headlight assembly. The odd thing is the Xenon is still working but the high-beam Halogen was broken!!!

My question is can this be fixed or do I have to buy a new headlight assembly. Also, if I have self-leveling Xenons is it true I can NOT use the new Angel Eyes on my vehicle?

Thanks for any advise in advanced.
If the car you are writing about is an E39 (97-03 5 Series), then you can upgrade to xenon angel eyes without any problem. Others on this board may be able to help with fixing the damaged unit (if possible).

-Mark

ittakes6
12-04-2004, 10:41 AM
Appreciate the info. I was told by the dealer that this was not possible due to wiring differences. Do I need t order the Xenon for an aftermarket location or are the factoy XENONs workable.

Thanks,

If the car you are writing about is an E39 (97-03 5 Series), then you can upgrade to xenon angel eyes without any problem. Others on this board may be able to help with fixing the damaged unit (if possible).

-Mark

markseven
12-04-2004, 11:14 AM
Appreciate the info. I was told by the dealer that this was not possible due to wiring differences. Do I need t order the Xenon for an aftermarket location or are the factoy XENONs workable.

Thanks,
ittakes6,

There is an issue with upgrading the Touring (wagon) to xenon angel eyes, but it can be done. Is yours a Touring? Sedans are plug-n-play.

Many on this board have bought OEM (Hella) angel eyes from pavrac on eBay. Click here (http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&rd=1&item=7938779976&category=33710&sspagename=WDVW) to check out one of his auctions for halogen angel eyes; he has xenons too, you can search for those. You can call him at Eurosport Design (478) 474-4470

-Mark

ittakes6
12-04-2004, 11:21 AM
I have a sedan so I will call him to see what price I can get them for since I have factory Xenon already installed on my car. I assume the Hella are different from the ones you would get from a dealer - or did I misunderstand?

markseven
12-04-2004, 11:33 AM
I have a sedan so I will call him to see what price I can get them for since I have factory Xenon already installed on my car. I assume the Hella are different from the ones you would get from a dealer - or did I misunderstand?
Nope. The car comes form the factory with Hellas :)

-Mark

dagoo98
12-06-2004, 07:05 AM

The factory angeleye headlights are Hella so the ones you will be getting are OEM. The auto leveling xeonos are the simplest part, there is a plug that will fit into the angeleyes from your car now. The same exact socket so your dealer doesn't know what's he talking about. I did the conversion on my car and the hardest part is getting power to the angel eyes. In order to do that you have to splice into the park lights power and run that to the angel eyes. Your factory xenons are also plug and play as they use the same bulb and ballast.