PDA

View Full Version : Terracotta Leather

dherzfeld
12-06-2004, 02:28 PM
What is the general impression of the terracotta color seats and trim? I'm interested, but have been unable to find an example of it here in Houston. Jet Black w/ terracotta is the combination I'm interested in.

Josh (PA)
12-06-2004, 03:45 PM
What is the general impression of the terracotta color seats and trim? I'm interested, but have been unable to find an example of it here in Houston. Jet Black w/ terracotta is the combination I'm interested in.
I think it looks excellent. My parents got their X3 with Flamenco/Terracotta. It's a little more pumpkin colored than Natural Brown, but I don't think it's as orange as Cinnamin in the M3s.

kyfdx
12-07-2004, 07:21 AM

It is very nice... but, I've only seen it with Alpine White... looks great in that combo..

MPoWeRMAN
12-12-2004, 11:49 PM
i'm picking up my alpine white x3 with terracotta tomorrow, it seemed like a great combo to me, havent seen it yet though

adc
12-13-2004, 01:46 PM

I've seen it with SG and TiS and it looked great. My dealer says he sells almost all terracotta interiors with black exteriors (with the 2 exceptions noted above).

Black with terracotta should be stunning, if you can keep that black exterior clean :) .

adc
03 330 ZHP

xspeedy
12-15-2004, 03:12 PM
Too orange for me.

dherzfeld
12-15-2004, 04:41 PM
Too orange for me.

Have you seen it in person? I agree that some of the photos I've seen they look orange, but it might be the light also. Burnt orange isn't a bad color though.

MitchH
12-15-2004, 10:15 PM
I have friends of mine with a Highland Green X3/Terracotta combo. IMHO it looks fantastic. I have also seen the terracotta with a black exterior and it is also quite striking.

Best,
Mitch

MJTSUB
12-17-2004, 04:53 PM
silver gray metallic / terracotta

:thumbup:

MJTSUB
12-17-2004, 04:54 PM
more

dherzfeld
12-22-2004, 02:29 PM
Thanks for the pics - looks great! About the color of a regulation NBA basketball.

bfeldstein
12-30-2004, 10:39 PM
The combination of Highland Green Metallic with Terracotta Leather sounds very nice, but, according to the 2005 X3 brochure, that combination is not available. However, at least one reply to this thread says that they've seen it. What's the deal here? Is it some sort of special order or limited edition?

adc
12-30-2004, 10:41 PM
The combination of Highland Green Metallic with Terracotta Leather sounds very nice, but, according to the 2005 X3 brochure, that combination is not available. However, at least one reply to this thread says that they've seen it. What's the deal here? Is it some sort of special order or limited edition?

A dealer in my area has an 04 in that combination. It must have been an 04 option... :dunno:

adc
03 330 ZHP

bfeldstein
12-30-2004, 11:59 PM
A dealer in my area has an 04 in that combination. It must have been an 04 option... :dunno:

adc
03 330 ZHP

I have a copy of the 2004 X3 brochure, too, and that combination (Highland Green/Terracotta) isn't listed as being available.

My wife really likes that combination, but would only consider getting a 2005 model.

MPoWeRMAN
12-31-2004, 09:39 AM
I have had mine for a week now, and I have recieved more compliments on the terracotta leather than anything else! I am really happy with my choice.

deb
01-18-2005, 02:38 PM
I've seen it with SG and TiS and it looked great. My dealer says he sells almost all terracotta interiors with black exteriors (with the 2 exceptions noted above).

Black with terracotta should be stunning, if you can keep that black exterior clean :) .

adc
03 330 ZHP

I plan to order either White/Terracotta or Sparkling Graphite/Terracotta. My only concern is that it's not too orange. Any thoughts?

bfeldstein
01-18-2005, 10:06 PM
We recently picked up my wife's 2005 X3 in Highland Green with Terracotta leather. Incidentally, it also has the light-colored wood inside. The Terracotta leather is really very cool looking, especially against the black carpets and side door panels (the arm rests are terracotta though). She's already received many compliments on the car's interior.

Elefantino
01-19-2005, 05:24 AM
I'd have ordered Alpine White with Terracotta. I think it's the most stunning of all the combinations. (With the possible exception of the Flamenco Red/Terracotta combo, only available in Europe, for some strange reason.) It reminds me, oddly, of the French Open tennis tournament ... tennis whites with clay. Very cool.

(I settled for Black Sapphire/Sand Beige because the dealer made me an offer I couldn't refuse.)

dlflyboy
02-06-2005, 11:20 PM
silver gray metallic / terracotta

:thumbup:

This was identical to what I wanted (with the steptronic). But, the closest ones the dealer could find was in Puerto Rico. So, instead of ordering one I just took the montana leather. The terracota looks great! :thumbup:

saloveku
06-10-2005, 11:40 AM
I am about to pull the string and become a X3 owner, my first BMW. I have found a terrific only slightly used car (2000 km). The only issue: the terracotta. I like it a lot with the black sapphire exterior but I worry that it is a little off beat and when I sell the vehicle (hopefully not for a long while!) I don't want a quirky interior colour to depress the sale price. Any thoughts?

joeydosh
06-10-2005, 12:03 PM
I had this color combo in the touring I purchased a few weeks ago and for me it just didn't work. I hated it! But I have white dogs. Several of my friends were impressed with how it looked -- thought it gave the car a retro feel.
Just didn't work for me. :mad:

saloveku
06-10-2005, 12:18 PM
I understand that it is not for everyone; and somehow I probably prefer that way. But as a hater of the combo, and a BMW owner; do you think that there are enough out there who like it that it will retain value through the years.

Caesar
06-10-2005, 01:41 PM
I understand that it is not for everyone; and somehow I probably prefer that way. But as a hater of the combo, and a BMW owner; do you think that there are enough out there who like it that it will retain value through the years.

I think the main problem is the two tone look you get on the doors and dash (which I think most colors other than black give you):

http://www.bimmerfest.com/forums/attachment.php?attachmentid=41572

I like the colors too match the dash and door. I think it looks silly with only the armrest the terracotta and the rest of the door another color.

saloveku
06-10-2005, 01:45 PM
I think the main problem is the two tone look you get on the doors and dash (which I think most colors other than black give you):

I like the colors too match the dash and door. I think it looks silly with only the armrest the terracotta and the rest of the door another color.

I agree with you Caesar. I think it is busy and a little silly on the doors. why draw attention to the doors like that? Do you have a view on whether an owner will pay a price when he sells his X3 for having the odd color?

Caesar
06-10-2005, 02:12 PM
I agree with you Caesar. I think it is busy and a little silly on the doors. why draw attention to the doors like that? Do you have a view on whether an owner will pay a price when he sells his X3 for having the odd color?

That is impossible to say. If you are selling to a dealer in the future -- I think it is irrelevant -- since value is based on Kelly Blue Book (or other such guides -- which don't generally take color into account).

If you are selling to an individual, than an individuals personal preferences always come into play.

So dealer trade-in -- colors inside and out are pretty much irrelevant. Don't sweat it.

For a sale directly to another person -- colors mean everything (and you don't know what that future peson will like or dislike).

Are you talking dealer trade-in or something else?

joeydosh
06-10-2005, 08:49 PM
It's definately a unique color and could go either way in the future market. Maybe in the X3 it would look better since it's not so compact. I just didn't like it in the touring. Everyone else who saw it thought it was really cool. It's really personal preference. ;)

simoncpw
06-10-2005, 08:53 PM
I did think about the terracotta when I bought mine, but changed my mind for 2 reasons:
- the door and arm rest combo doesn't look right to me
- it's not a convertible

I got the Silver Greg exterior with Grey interior because IMO:
- Greg / lighter exteriror color looks slightly better in the new BMWs (especially 3, 5 and X3), the headlights has lots of sharpe curves and the Greg really outlines it more.
- the Silver Greg for the X3 isn't just grey, it put it side by side with my friends Grey 520, the Greg on the X3 is slightly toward blue under day light
- Greg interior, very consistent thru out the car, door panels, door trims, carpet (I wish the top of the Dashboard could be a little lighter than black). X3 isn't really big, it feels just like a saloon (small!) when you are inside it. The Grey makes it look a little more spacer.

adc
06-10-2005, 09:33 PM
I had this color combo in the touring I purchased a few weeks ago and for me it just didn't work. I hated it! But I have white dogs. Several of my friends were impressed with how it looked -- thought it gave the car a retro feel.
Just didn't work for me. :mad:

Unless you ordered individual, you didn't have this color in the touring. You had Natural Brown, which is different. :dunno:

And my own personal justification for ordering this was rarity and panache. I totally understand those who want to feel safe and order a grey BMW with a black or grey interior - but I wanted something different for a change, a little more spark.

As far as resale, who knows what the user market for X3s will be like 6 or 7 years from now? (Wife keeps the cars a little longer).

adc
03 330 ZHP
05 X3 3.0 ED on June 30

climrgrl
06-11-2005, 01:32 PM

The gray interior is pretty consistent. Doors and floor carpeting are all gray, but the dash is two-tone gray/black. Seat belts and parking brake are also black, but since it's black on grey, there's not a big contrast.

farleywilbur
06-12-2005, 06:39 AM
I have terra cotta and silver grey and LOVE the terra cotta. I get a million compliments and it just feels cool.

BigO1120
06-13-2005, 08:42 AM
I have the Terracotta interior with my black X3. My friends call it the BASKETBALL interior. I personally LOVE IT!

HGX3.0
06-13-2005, 10:17 AM
I have a highland green with terracotta with dark sycamore trim. Visually it is attractive, and not as boring as solid black or gray interiors. I saw an alpine white with terracotta when I was car shopping, and thought that combo was stunning; but didn't like the black bumpers against the white exterior. My dealer noted that there were more people ordering terracotta interiors (with black exterior) then he expected. Anywho - it's all personal preference..

joeydosh
06-14-2005, 03:56 PM
[QUOTE=adc]Unless you ordered individual, you didn't have this color in the touring. You had Natural Brown, which is different. :dunno:

The touring I bought was an executive demo with BMWNA (who ever they are :rofl: ) And the sticker says it's terracotta. I did get MANY compliments from friends on the color combo - just me personally it didn't work. White dog black carpet - bad idea :yikes: