PDA

View Full Version : Total Number of Pads Needed?

brybarrett
12-07-2004, 06:48 AM
Been contemplating asking for a PC for xmas but I was wondering, how many pads do you need to do your car from start to finish? Meaning, polishing and waxing?

Artslinger
12-07-2004, 08:03 AM
I go through 3 pads when polishing, 2-3 pads using AIO, and no pads when waxing I do that by hand.

brybarrett
12-07-2004, 08:28 AM
Thanks for the info, so do you use 3 pads to apply the polish? How many finishing pads do you use or do remove the product by hand.

Artslinger
12-07-2004, 10:31 AM
I remove the residue by hand and use Microfiber towels. I work the polish till there is only a slight hazy residue left on the surface. I don't over apply the product and the polish (Groit's) buffs off pretty easily.

NH-SHICKS
12-07-2004, 11:27 AM
When you say go through 3 pads, do you mean they are too dirty to continue use and you use another, are they destroyed(need replacing), or are you washing them 3 times?

Thanks,
Steve

brybarrett
12-07-2004, 11:43 AM
The reason for multiple pads is because they get dirty as well as caked up with product. You can wash them after you are done. But using a dirty pad will induce unwanted scratches, etc...

jonw440
12-09-2004, 03:06 PM
I just use three pads. One for the first polishing(Swirl mark removel all the way to removing oxidation), Then a Finishing polishing pad, Then a pad to apply sealants (I like applying Klasse AIO and Autoglym Super resin polish) with the blue finishing pad.

IF you need to cahnge products and use the same pad, just wash it in some dish soap, rince well, and squeeze it dry then squeeze once more in a towel to finish drying the pad. Now you have a clean and dry pad for the next polish.
I then apply Autoglym Extra Gloss protection or Klasse Sealant Glaze with the micro fiber bonnet.
Sonus Pads (http://store.yahoo.com/cgi-bin/clink?autopia+yc5RwM+son-daspad-kit.html)