PDA

View Full Version : Installation procedure of mudflaps

lcc014
12-07-2004, 09:37 AM
Hi,

I am looking for instruction/diagram to install the mudflaps in 2005 530i.

TIA,

Ching-Ho Cheng

Salvator
12-07-2004, 10:32 AM
Hi,

TIA,

Ching-Ho Cheng
Ask your dealer for them when you buy the flaps... My dealer printed them out for me, no problem...

lcc014
12-07-2004, 02:00 PM
I bought the pairs from an online dealer. I am still waiting for their response. Since you had the instruction, is there any chance that you could fax it to me ??

Thanks,

Ching-Ho Cheng

Salvator
12-07-2004, 02:23 PM
I bought the pairs from an online dealer. I am still waiting for their response. Since you had the instruction, is there any chance that you could fax it to me ??

Thanks,

Ching-Ho Cheng
My instructions were not for a 2005 530i... They were for a 2003 525iT. Not that there should be much difference. Assuming they are similar, there isn't much to it. Just hold the flap in position, and use the holes in the flap to mark the location for your holes in the plastic part of the fender well (all holes were drilled in plastic, which I think is preferable). Use a drill bit just slightly larger than the little clippy things they give you, drill the holes, then hold the flap in position, push in the clippy things, and they will expand through the holes and hold everything together. If you can't get your dealer to provide you with the instructions (my dealer actually did fax mine to me) let me know and I'll try to find mine (if I still have them).

M.Wong
12-07-2004, 05:10 PM
Yes, if it's similar to the E39, here are the instructions:

E39 Mud flaps (http://www.bmwtips.com/tipsntricks/Mudflap/mudflap_instuctions.htm) courtesy of www.BMWTips.com

Oscswa
12-07-2004, 08:15 PM
Hi,

TIA,

Ching-Ho Cheng

Give me your email address and I will send you the installation instructions in pdf format.

lcc014
12-08-2004, 10:09 AM
Great, thanks for the instruction.

Here is my email address : lcc014@comcast.net

Thanks,

Ching-Ho Cheng

lcc014
12-08-2004, 10:10 AM
Yes, if it's similar to the E39, here are the instructions:

E39 Mud flaps (http://www.bmwtips.com/tipsntricks/Mudflap/mudflap_instuctions.htm) courtesy of www.BMWTips.com

I looked at that instruction too, it was not very clear / blurry. It is not the same especially the rear mud flap.

Thanks,

Ching-Ho Cheng

lcc014
12-08-2004, 10:10 AM
My instructions were not for a 2005 530i... They were for a 2003 525iT. Not that there should be much difference. Assuming they are similar, there isn't much to it. Just hold the flap in position, and use the holes in the flap to mark the location for your holes in the plastic part of the fender well (all holes were drilled in plastic, which I think is preferable). Use a drill bit just slightly larger than the little clippy things they give you, drill the holes, then hold the flap in position, push in the clippy things, and they will expand through the holes and hold everything together. If you can't get your dealer to provide you with the instructions (my dealer actually did fax mine to me) let me know and I'll try to find mine (if I still have them).

Thanks, I am still waiting for the online dealer's response.

BTW, the hardware has metal screw and the screw clips for the front mud flap. Rear flap's hardware is all the plastic "clippy things".

Ching-Ho Cheng

Oscswa
12-08-2004, 06:10 PM
Great, thanks for the instruction.

Here is my email address : lcc014@comcast.net

Thanks,

Ching-Ho Cheng

Check your email, I just sent it. The file isn't very big about 500kb

lcc014
12-09-2004, 06:09 AM

Thanks so much.

Ching-Ho Cheng

hhyg
12-09-2004, 08:22 AM

Would you please post the instruction for us on this forum. Thanks.

Oscswa
12-09-2004, 07:25 PM
I would love to, I just don't know how.

lcc014
12-12-2004, 08:22 PM
Per the instruction provided from member of this forum, I installed the rear mudflaps this morning. It was easy but instruction for passenger side rear mudflap didn't match with the 2005 E60. There was no plastic rivet in the passenger side and there was a missing screw in the rear mudflap kit. There should be 3 long screws for both sides of the rear wheel wells. Only 2 were provided in the kit.

Since there was no rivet that was needed to be removed from the passneger side wheel well. I reused the original screws and the metal screw clip provided in the rear mudflap kit for the passenger side could not be used. There was no way to clip the screw clip onto the wheel well plastic. So, I just drilled a smaller hole and screw in the screw provided (1 screw only). Driver side was exactly the same the instruction provided with all the screws from the kit.

I will do the front mudflaps next weekend. It is all with rivets no screws all at.

Ching-Ho Cheng