PDA

View Full Version : Took the X3 to the dealer

Woody
12-07-2004, 06:17 PM
Took my X3 to the dealer for 2 things:

Missing glove box flashlight (see SIB 63 01 04)

Recall SIB 12 08 04-OBD II Sticker.

Everything went well!

scottcan
12-10-2004, 11:14 AM
I received my flashlight too after learning about it on this great Forum. But what is:

Recall SIB 12 08 04-OBD II Sticker

Regards,

scottcan

SARAFIL
12-10-2004, 11:17 AM
Took my X3 to the dealer for 2 things:

Missing glove box flashlight (see SIB 63 01 04)

Recall SIB 12 08 04-OBD II Sticker.

Everything went well!

Did you have your heated seats reprogrammed too?

Dr. Phil
12-10-2004, 06:35 PM
Did you have your heated seats reprogrammed too?
ok give it up....what do I need to have my dealer look at on my X3 :dunno:

SARAFIL
12-10-2004, 06:40 PM
ok give it up....what do I need to have my dealer look at on my X3 :dunno:

:rofl:

There is a service campaign to do something to the cover of the OBD-II port cover. I don't know what it is, but I think it's just something to do with putting a label on it. I think this affects all 2004 models. Not a "priority" at all-- you can wait until you need to go in for something else.

Also, some cars have a service campaign to reprogram the heated seats. Once again, I don't know what the problem is, but it's nothing serious. I haven't brought our X3 in yet, and the heated seats haven't burned anyone's a$$ or caught on fire, so I assume it's ok until I can get around to getting it looked at. I don't know how many are affected, but ours is.

Lastly, there is a "secret bulletin" saying that some early X3s came through without a flashlight, and if a customer asks for it, BMW will install it in the glovebox at no charge.

Dr. Phil
12-10-2004, 07:11 PM
:rofl:

There is a service campaign to do something to the cover of the OBD-II port cover. I don't know what it is, but I think it's just something to do with putting a label on it. I think this affects all 2004 models. Not a "priority" at all-- you can wait until you need to go in for something else.

Also, some cars have a service campaign to reprogram the heated seats. Once again, I don't know what the problem is, but it's nothing serious. I haven't brought our X3 in yet, and the heated seats haven't burned anyone's a$$ or caught on fire, so I assume it's ok until I can get around to getting it looked at. I don't know how many are affected, but ours is.

Lastly, there is a "secret bulletin" saying that some early X3s came through without a flashlight, and if a customer asks for it, BMW will install it in the glovebox at no charge.
I guess I am getting paranoid, especially after some dumb b!tch decided to tap my rear last Saturday. Put a few scratches and pock mark in the bumper cover. Total estimate is like $925 for cover, paint, install :eeps:

At least my sub enclosure is taking shape :bigpimp:

vexed
12-10-2004, 07:27 PM
some dumb b!tch decided to tap my rear last Saturday.
And you are complaining about that:confused:

:p

Dr. Phil
12-10-2004, 07:39 PM
And you are complaining about that:confused:

:p
:rofl: :rofl: :rofl:

Well here crapalier decided to tap my X3. Had she attempted to do so with me, say in the parking lot, I would need to post a work warning on my post :bigpimp: :angel: :freakdanc