PDA

View Full Version : BMWStuff.com?????

trav
12-09-2004, 02:15 PM
Anyone ever had any success ordering from BMWStuff.com?

I ordered some "stuff" from their website and it hasn't showed up yet and it seems near impossible to get in touch with anyone there for help.

subterFUSE
12-10-2004, 06:37 AM
I never heard of the site before.

But I just went there...... and MAN is that site ghetto. That's like someone's homemade webpage.... the kind with family pictures and stuff.... :rofl:

roadie
12-11-2004, 07:00 AM
Anyone ever had any success ordering from BMWStuff.com?

I ordered some "stuff" from their website and it hasn't showed up yet and it seems near impossible to get in touch with anyone there for help.

First of all, that site tries to install an active X control onto your computer. That should be a huge red flag.

Then the site clearly says it is hosted on one of those 'free home page builder' sites - this is NOT a legitimate business.

Third, it's clearly been slapped together by amateurs

Lots of warning signs in my opinion :thumbdwn:

markseven
12-11-2004, 07:36 AM
Trav,

Here's some info on bmwstuff.com that is available at Network Solutions:

Domain: BMWSTUFF.COM
Registrant
M. Tupps (CTLGDN-295166)
1746 South Saint Louis Avenue
Tulsa, OK 74120
US

Admin Contact:
M. Tupps (295183) mjtupps@hotmail.com

Tech Contact:
Michael Tupps (295182) mjtupps@hotmail.com

Hope this helps.

-Mark

trav
12-11-2004, 10:10 AM
Thanks markseven...that's some good sleuthing.

They actually called me back yesterday morning and provided the tracking info. Then the package arrived in the afternoon. Everything was as promised.

I agree, the site does look ghetto and I did question it a little but I went for it anyway hoping for the best.

Thanks guys!

Trav

markseven
12-11-2004, 12:44 PM

They actually called me back yesterday morning and provided the tracking info. Then the package arrived in the afternoon. Everything was as promised.

I agree, the site does look ghetto and I did question it a little but I went for it anyway hoping for the best.

Thanks guys!

Trav
Another happy ending :thumbup:

-Mark

MatWiz
12-12-2004, 10:30 AM

Thanks guys!

Trav
Hopefully another nice business that started small... :)