PDA

View Full Version : Interior Mats for X3

TG
12-10-2004, 09:00 AM
Has anyone found a good cargo liner for the rear of the X3, specifically when the rear seats are folded forward? I have a large dog, that requires me to fold the seats down, but when friends need a ride, the seats need to be operational. I am looking for a durable, good looking cargo cover, that doesn't require work/reconfiguring when the seats are being folded/unfolded.

Secondly, because of said dog I need to find a center console cover. He is not allowed in the font seat, but his paws rest on the console, and I would like to protect the surface. Any ideas/suggestions where to find an attractive cover?

TG

the worm
12-10-2004, 10:10 AM
Has anyone found a good cargo liner for the rear of the X3, specifically when the rear seats are folded forward? I have a large dog, that requires me to fold the seats down, but when friends need a ride, the seats need to be operational. I am looking for a durable, good looking cargo cover, that doesn't require work/reconfiguring when the seats are being folded/unfolded.

Secondly, because of said dog I need to find a center console cover. He is not allowed in the font seat, but his paws rest on the console, and I would like to protect the surface. Any ideas/suggestions where to find an attractive cover?

TG

Not sure how much work it requires but I have seen this one out there

http://www.circlebmw.com/parts/p/51470029245a.jpg

rwfisher
12-08-2005, 06:28 PM
Has anyone actually seen one installed in a X3?

AzNMpower32
12-08-2005, 08:46 PM
Check in the BMW accessory book; there's at least a couple cargo covers in there albeit on the expensive side. Otherwise you would need to look in aftermarket magazines or something. Oh and btw just so you know the cargo floor is reversable; the other side is mostly waterproof.

Do you have the cargo net option? cuz if you have a dog, you should have gotten it since it really helps I think (ours has it but we've used it 0 times.......bummer). You can raise it so that the dog doesnt intrude into the rear seat area OR with the seats folded down, so the dog doesnt come near the center armrest.

rwfisher
12-09-2005, 05:18 AM
Alas, no cargo net. Our dog is large, but she's old enough that she doesn't usually get up once she's napping in the car.

I've narrowed the search to 2 items. Either the protective rear seat cover (52300304780) or the cargo liner (51470391103) will work; I just want something to cover the area the dog will occupy.

The cargo liner at Circle (http://www.circlebmw.com/parts/p/51470029245a.jpg) looks nice, and is indicated as fitting a E83, but the image shows it installed in something else....