PDA

View Full Version : Windshield Wiper Smudge/Schmear

johnnygraphic
12-11-2004, 05:17 PM
We just started getting a lot of rain lately & I've used the wipers for a solid week or so. I've noticed that I have that nasty smudge/schmear at the edges of where the wipers wipe.

I've tried the good ole windex route, but, that didn't seem to do the trick. Is this typical of BMW wiper blades? or could this be a by-product of the rain-x. And, what can I do to get rid of it? (2004 330i).

Thanks!!

Johnny

BahnBaum
12-11-2004, 07:15 PM
We just started getting a lot of rain lately & I've used the wipers for a solid week or so. I've noticed that I have that nasty smudge/schmear at the edges of where the wipers wipe.

I've tried the good ole windex route, but, that didn't seem to do the trick. Is this typical of BMW wiper blades? or could this be a by-product of the rain-x. And, what can I do to get rid of it? (2004 330i).

Thanks!!

Johnny
Make sure that you clean both the windshield and the blade.

Alex

johnnygraphic
12-12-2004, 09:11 AM
yes, i clean both. This isn't the streak from grime under the wipers, but, a ...I can't really think of a better way to describe it. i'll try to post a pic later.

Johnny

johnnygraphic
12-12-2004, 11:20 AM
o.k...Pictures didn't quite work out.

MMME30W
12-12-2004, 11:32 AM

Thanks!!

Johnny

I tried Bon-Ami plus RainX for a time with my MBZ, it helped a bit.

When I was growing up my dad used to use cigarette ash and newspaper (I am not making this up.) :dunno: