PDA

View Full Version : Has anyone figured out how to activate auto lock

roadie
12-12-2004, 09:33 PM
My wife would like the doors to lock automatically after driving at a certain speed on the 01 e39 530i.

Does anyone have the specific instructions?

markseven
12-12-2004, 10:10 PM
My wife would like the doors to lock automatically after driving at a certain speed on the 01 e39 530i.

This can be programmed at the dealer. The default setting is no auto lock.

-Mark

roadie
12-12-2004, 10:19 PM
This can be programmed at the dealer. The default setting is no auto lock.

-Mark

Darn...on the MB's it's a user programmable feature....

Thanks - saves me the trouble of trying to pore thru the manual

M.Wong
12-13-2004, 12:42 AM
If you take the car to the dealer, they will likely charge about .5 to 1.0 hours to program the car. Before you do, make sure you look at all the options that can be programmed, so you can get it all done at once. Here is a list of key memory and car memory options:

http://www.e38.org/E38-Options.pdf

If you bought the car recently from a BMW dealer, they should do the programming for you one time at no charge.

chadcham
12-15-2004, 07:41 AM
When I got my Xenon headlights coded for my 528i, the autolock feature (which was on) got reset to off. I had to take it back to the dealer and within 5 minutes had it set again.

sidneyj
01-10-2005, 03:47 PM

I just had my '03 530 programmed to do this as well as unlock all 4 doors with one push of remote. The dealer tried to charge me but they gave up when I told them I was new to BMW and I would take my car there every time for service. Your wife could probably pull this off easily. The dealer in Atlanta area wanted I think around $40.00 to program whatever features you want.