PDA

View Full Version : Rear View Mirror w/ Compass and Homelink

stevenw66
12-15-2004, 01:15 PM
I have been working with my local BMW dealer in Silver Spring Maryland to find the rear view mirror for my 2005 X3 which has both compass and homelink buttons. They found one 9only one) in the US that has both. Does anybody know if this still supports auto dimming and rain sensor? I don't want to give up auto dimming and rain sensor to get homelink, I'd stick with my compass only mirror.

x5Monkey®
12-15-2004, 02:26 PM
I have been working with my local BMW dealer in Silver Spring Maryland to find the rear view mirror for my 2005 X3 which has both compass and homelink buttons. They found one 9only one) in the US that has both. Does anybody know if this still supports auto dimming and rain sensor? I don't want to give up auto dimming and rain sensor to get homelink, I'd stick with my compass only mirror.
all of the above work, if it's the same part # as mine. i just installed it in my x5. what's your part #?

stevenw66
12-15-2004, 04:35 PM
I've gone back and forth with dealer on part number. when I see it on Friday I will know. service Manager called me today and said "No Problem" it will all work. It took me three weeks to convince them that such a thing existed. They insisted that you could have one or the other, Compass or Homelink.
:mad:
all of the above work, if it's the same part # as mine. i just installed it in my x5. what's your part #?

stevenw66
12-17-2004, 09:04 PM
Does anybody know how to program "clown nose" to blink after presslin lock button on key. I have the programming to blink the lights upon locking but "clown nose" does not blink.

not_too_shabby
12-22-2004, 09:02 AM
Ok, I have found multiple part numbers for this thing. Can you get homelink, compass, clown nose, and self-dimming all on the same mirror? If so, could you please post your part #? Thanks

x5Monkey®
12-22-2004, 09:49 AM
Ok, I have found multiple part numbers for this thing. Can you get homelink, compass, clown nose, and self-dimming all on the same mirror? If so, could you please post your part #? Thanks
this info is for the x5. i believe the x3 is the same but please call vaheh at crevier bmw to verify. 714 835 3171 also, there are 2 mirror part numbers that are exactly the same. nobody has been able to figure out which one goes for what.
but i have the 51 16 0 304 488 on my x5 and it has everything you asked for above.
the other part no. is 51 16 0 304 487
vaheh brought both part numbers in for me, examined them both, called other parts people, and finally BMWNA, and could not find a difference between the 2 mirrors. i took the 488 because it probably is the latest version. His discounted price is nearly $400 for the mirror

not_too_shabby
12-22-2004, 01:21 PM
sweet, thanks for the info...I'll take this part # in when I get my X3 and have them order it.

the worm
12-22-2004, 02:31 PM
sweet, thanks for the info...I'll take this part # in when I get my X3 and have them order it.

Circle BMW has it as well, they quoted me $380 + shipping

BahnBaum
12-22-2004, 02:47 PM
Does anybody know how to program "clown nose" to blink after presslin lock button on key. I have the programming to blink the lights upon locking but "clown nose" does not blink.That's a dealer programmable item. I had it done on my e46. But I thought that the flashers on lock and the flashing clown nose was one dealer setting, not separate ones.

Alex

stevenw66
12-23-2004, 09:43 AM
It was also my understandingthat falshing of turn signal lights on lock/unlock and clown nose activation were one in the same memory settings.