PDA

View Full Version : What is a good online store?

dsheli
12-18-2004, 01:00 PM
Hello everyone!! Just got back from driving around Atlanta and could not find any of the products recomended on this site. My mom has an 03 X5 and it has not been waxed in a long time. I am starting to get on my mom's case about keeping her clean. So I have come up with a list of products that I think I should own to keep her looking good.

Sonus Gloss shampoo.
Perfect Shine Clay
Sonus Acrylic Glaze
Klasse High gloss sealant Glaze
Klasse AIO (So can do use this after you shampoo the car?)
P215 Wax

What do you guys think? Anyone recommend any good online stores?
Thanks,
David

jw
12-18-2004, 03:18 PM
http://properautocare.com/
http://www.autopia-carcare.com/

AndDown
12-18-2004, 03:51 PM
One other thing...a Porter Cable for Christmas! :D

AndDown
12-18-2004, 03:59 PM
You'll also appreciate this platform:http://www.griotsgarage.com/search.jsp?searchtext=91544&search.x=15&search.y=7

jw
12-18-2004, 04:12 PM
I did Dawn, clay, AIO, SGx2.

dsheli
12-18-2004, 04:37 PM
Porter Cable for charismas is a great idea!!! I think I want to get one of the small ones. Like the model Ripsnort used on his paint chip post.!!!
Thanks guys,
David

dsheli
12-18-2004, 07:54 PM
Well I think that I am going to ask for the PC 7424. So I will of course practice on my Subaru first but I want to make sure that I do not do anything wrong that could damage the paint. How are swirl marks created? Since this PC oscillates do I have to worry about any swirl marks? Do you think that the Sonus Perfect Paint Finish Kit is a good kit for a newbie? It says it comes with medium grade clay. Should I start out with a lower grade? Are the polish towels that come in the kit the same as buffing towels?http://store.yahoo.com/autopia/sopepafikit.html
Thanks,
David

BahnBaum
12-18-2004, 07:58 PM
Sonus Gloss shampoo.
Perfect Shine Clay
Sonus Acrylic Glaze
Klasse High gloss sealant Glaze
Klasse AIO (So can do use this after you shampoo the car?)
P215 Wax

David

Just don't do it in that order.

Alex

dsheli
12-18-2004, 08:02 PM
Ok, I was just listing them down. Is this the correct order?
Sonus Gloss Shampoos

Perfect Shine Clay
Klasse AIO
Klasse High Gloss sealant
p215 Wax

Then Sonus Acrylic Glaze to restore the Klasse AIO.

BahnBaum
12-18-2004, 08:23 PM
Ok, I was just listing them down. Is this the correct order?
Sonus Gloss Shampoos

Perfect Shine Clay
Klasse AIO
Klasse High Gloss sealant
p215 Wax

Then Sonus Acrylic Glaze to restore the Klasse AIO.
Great. I wash again after I clay, and then do multiple coats of SG with at least a days worth of curing time (and another wash) in between each one.

Alex

dsheli
12-18-2004, 08:34 PM
So you SG then let it cure for a day then wash it, and another coat of SG? I think I read some where that you can use the AIO and SG on the wheels, then just spray the wheels with water and the brake dust will come off. Is that correct? So when you use the Acrylic Glaze to you have to SG the car again?
Thanks,
David

BahnBaum
12-18-2004, 08:37 PM
So you SG then let it cure for a day then wash it, and another coat of SG? I think I read some where that you can use the AIO and SG on the wheels, then just spray the wheels with water and the brake dust will come off. Is that correct? So when you use the Acrylic Glaze to you have to SG the car again?
Thanks,
David
You can use SG on your wheels and it'll make them easier to clean. You prolly don't have to use AIO on them.

I only use SG, I've not familiar with the Acrylic Glaze. Once you do 3 coats of SG, you're good to go for several months. You can top the SG with a carnauba, but that really only helps with darker colors.

Alex

dsheli
12-19-2004, 12:55 PM
Ok, I want to get a PC but do not know where to start. What I want to do is use it to apply waxes, gloss and make my car look good. I just don't know what pads to buy. I mean I really don't want to hurt the paint. I also have some scratches to remove. Does any one know what kind of pad RipSnort is using when he wrote this article? I of course will be testing this on my Subaru. http://www.bimmerfest.com/forums/showthread.php?t=32625

Thanks,
David

BahnBaum
12-19-2004, 12:59 PM
Ok, I want to get a PC but do not know where to start. What I want to do is use it to apply waxes, gloss and make my car look good. I just don't know what pads to buy. I mean I really don't want to hurt the paint. I also have some scratches to remove. Does any one know what kind of pad RipSnort is using when he wrote this article? I of course will be testing this on my Subaru. http://www.bimmerfest.com/forums/showthread.php?t=32625

Thanks,
David

Pick a line of pads you like, and then get a couple medium aggressive and light aggressive pads. Use the mediums for applying polishes, and the light for wax. No need to get any more abrasive pads than those unless you're dealing with a disaster finish that you're trying to repair. I can't recall the name of the pad line that I've used, but the whites were for applying finish wax, the yellows for polishes, and the oranges were very aggresive.

Alex

xspeedy
12-19-2004, 01:16 PM
Check out the Lowes deal for the $79 PC. It is the 7336, but it is the same thing. You can get the backing plate and pads at the links above.

jonw440
12-21-2004, 10:23 AM
Sonus has a great set of pads. One orange aggressive polishing pad, Green, swirl mark removing polishing pad and a Blue finishing/wax,sealant pad.
Plus you get a contoured backing plate(Much nicer than the one that comes with the PC) and two micro fiber buffing bonnets(My favorite way to apply Klasse Sealant Glaze or Autoglym Extra Gloss Protection sealant)
Sonus Pad kit (http://store.yahoo.com/cgi-bin/clink?autopia+yc5RwM+son-daspad-kit.html)
The picture show 4 pads. They discontinued the black pad, Plus the kit is now 11.00 cheaper without the black pad.

dsheli
12-21-2004, 10:30 AM
Cool thanks allot!!! What is the difference between the SFX pads and the pads that come in the kit? I can't wait for it all to come in. Like 11 boxes. I wonder what the leasing office is going to think. :rofl: (We are renovating are house so we are currently living in an apartment. )

David

jonw440
12-21-2004, 10:35 AM
The Sonus pads are the best for beginning using the PC because it comes with the better backing plate.
The SFX pads are more "rigid", but work basically the same. I personally like the Sonus pads better. I have only used the SFX pads twice though. I used them with the new SFX polishes and really liked them.
Get the Sonus pad kit, then later order the SFX pads to see what you like better.
:thumbup:

dsheli
12-21-2004, 10:50 AM
So I was reading that after you polish the car you need to wax it. Then I also read that you should not apply AIO right after you paint it because it can dull the paint. I did not order any wax. I was planning on using the AIO for my wax. I only got the polishes to repair dings and scratches. (Like in Ripsnorts article) So would it be ok to use the AIO after I fixed some scratches?
Thanks,
David

jonw440
12-21-2004, 01:24 PM
So I was reading that after you polish the car you need to wax it. Then I also read that you should not apply AIO right after you paint it because it can dull the paint. I did not order any wax. I was planning on using the AIO for my wax. I only got the polishes to repair dings and scratches. (Like in Ripsnorts article) So would it be ok to use the AIO after I fixed some scratches?
Thanks,
David
Klasse All In One will NOT dull your paint. Its a mild cleaner but also has the benefits of having a synthetic acrylic sealant in it. I also follow up with the sealant glaze for the best shine.
The AIO is also my favorite wheel protector, it keeps the rims protected from brake dust.

dsheli
12-21-2004, 01:46 PM
Klasse All In One will NOT dull your paint. Its a mild cleaner but also has the benefits of having a synthetic acrylic sealant in it. I also follow up with the sealant glaze for the best shine.
The AIO is also my favorite wheel protector, it keeps the rims protected from brake dust.

My Dad was reading how you can clean the wheels to the AIO then seal it with the SG. Then all you have to do is spray water on the wheels to clean the brake dust off. Well that is good to know. I am spending so much as it is, I really don't want to buy another 30 dollar item.
David