PDA

View Full Version : Help with colors please.....

fishskis
12-19-2004, 03:20 AM
I am about to order a 545i for European Delivery. I know it is a totally subjective thing, but I would love any input on color combos.

I love the beige interior. As for exterior, I really like the black, but I am concerned about the keeping it clean issue; and black/beige seems a little bit tired to me. I am planning on getting Silver Grey with Beige interior w/Poplar (brown) Wood - this combination seems to strike some as odd or mismatched, but I think it would be nice.

Thoughts, opinions, advice?

Thanks.

paulwbenn
12-19-2004, 08:00 AM
I have a 545 with the same colors on order for ED. Personally, I think its a great combination. Enjoy!

xspeedy
12-19-2004, 08:15 AM
Try one of the gray colors with a beige interior. I think it actually goes pretty well. You'll get some of that effect of black/beige with less maintenance.

fishskis
12-19-2004, 12:36 PM
Thanks guys. Just needed a little affirmation. Good luck on your ED Paul.

yamilrx
12-19-2004, 01:09 PM
I am about to order a 545i for European Delivery. I know it is a totally subjective thing, but I would love any input on color combos.

I love the beige interior. As for exterior, I really like the black, but I am concerned about the keeping it clean issue; and black/beige seems a little bit tired to me. I am planning on getting Silver Grey with Beige interior w/Poplar (brown) Wood - this combination seems to strike some as odd or mismatched, but I think it would be nice.

Thoughts, opinions, advice?

Thanks.
I am in your same shoes right now fishskis. I am in the deciding process for a 530i ED. I am leaning torwards the titanium silver w/ beige interior b/c I am not upgrading to leather so I have 2 choices(black/beige). Here in Florida the darker colors get killed by the sun, but white exterior is too serious. I have always wanted white exterior. I just think titanium silver/beige exterior don't match b/c they are both light colors???

fishskis
12-19-2004, 10:04 PM
I am leaning torwards the titanium silver w/ beige interior b/c I am not upgrading to leather so I have 2 choices(black/beige). I just think titanium silver/beige exterior don't match b/c they are both light colors???

I think BMW agrees with you; I don't believe they offer titanium silver/beige as a standard combination.

trav
12-19-2004, 10:20 PM
I love my alpine white 540 with beige interior. I must say I wasn't crazy about white prior to owning this car, in fact, I swore I'd never have a white car. But now I'm convinced it's the color for me (it's not bright white, it's more of a creamy white). Here's a few reasons:
- it stays cooler in the summer
- it doesn't show dirt like other colors and therefore looks cleaner for longer between washes
- not a common BMW color and and I like being one of the few white ones around town
- it doesn't show paint swirls or other blemishes like dark colors do

Just my 2 cents.

Good luck!

Trav