PDA

View Full Version : Ladder/Platform for easy top wash/wax

phastphil
12-24-2004, 10:39 AM
Found this Platform Ladder at Home Depot - made it very easy to get to the top of the X5. I found placing it by the rear door gave me easy access to whole top. Still had to move it to the other side, but beat using a little step ladder that had to be moved often. BTW, also made for a nice seat to wax the sides and especially the front that has a lot of detail work. Saved me from either sitting on the floor or bending over a lot. It was $35. :thumbup:

jw
12-24-2004, 01:12 PM
Nice score!! And to think you could have paid $110 for this beauty.

http://www.griotsgarage.com/search.jsp?searchtext=91544&search.x=15&search.y=7 :lmao:

phastphil
12-25-2004, 08:03 AM
Saw it at Costco for $25, but they ran out - had to bite the bullet for the Home Depot version.

Season's Greetings JW

AndDown
12-28-2004, 06:49 PM
Nice score!! And to think you could have paid $110 for this beauty.

http://www.griotsgarage.com/search.jsp?searchtext=91544&search.x=15&search.y=7 :lmao:

One's made in Germany, the other probably from China (as is almost everything)! Makes me wonder how much the Chinese-assembled bimmers are being sold for! :bigpimp:

phastphil
12-29-2004, 04:10 AM
AndDown
The one I got at Home Depot was surprising solid and had safety latches on each leg. My wife says I'm cheap - I say I'm just thrifty (LOL)

AndDown
12-31-2004, 12:42 PM
AndDown
The one I got at Home Depot was surprising solid and had safety latches on each leg. My wife says I'm cheap - I say I'm just thrifty (LOL)

Hi Phastphil, I was just poking fun at the notion of German-made things (like cars) being more expensive! :D

Wishing you and yours a Happy New Year!

RJ
01-03-2005, 08:23 PM
Found this Platform Ladder at Home Depot - made it very easy to get to the top of the X5. I found placing it by the rear door gave me easy access to whole top. Still had to move it to the other side, but beat using a little step ladder that had to be moved often. BTW, also made for a nice seat to wax the sides and especially the front that has a lot of detail work. Saved me from either sitting on the floor or bending over a lot. It was $35. :thumbup:

Can you please provide the SKU # and brand name of the manufacturer details of the platform?

A quick search on the Home Depot website (Canada) does not seem to find it.

Thanks.

xspeedy
01-03-2005, 08:56 PM
I just use a rubbermaid step to get an extra foot off the ground, for my X3. I can barely get to the center of the roof without it. Small footprint, but so light I can easily scoot it around the vehicle.