PDA

View Full Version : Argh! Fabric Softener Sheet!

markseven
12-28-2004, 10:00 PM
I washed then dried 16 regular microfibers and 1 large waffle weave microfiber. While folding them, I found a fabric softener sheet stuck to one of the regular mf's. I must not have noticed it hiding in the drier! :tsk: :mad: :dunno:

Are all these mf's now unusable? :banghead: :dunno:

-Mark

Alex Baumann
12-29-2004, 01:28 AM
No problem, just wash them again, this time without softener. :)

RSPDiver
12-29-2004, 05:47 AM
I hear a bit of vinegar added during final rinse (as softener would be) works wonders to revive MF, also.

markseven
12-29-2004, 08:43 AM
No problem, just wash them again, this time without softener. :)
Yay! That's cool :thumbup:

I hear a bit of vinegar added during final rinse (as softener would be) works wonders to revive MF, also.
How much vinegar should I add? Half cup?

Thanks for the info, guys.

-Mark

RSPDiver
12-29-2004, 01:01 PM
Mark, here's a recent discussion that brought it to light for me:
http://www.bimmerfest.com/forums/showthread.php?t=59661&highlight=vinegar

markseven
12-29-2004, 01:53 PM
Mark, here's a recent discussion that brought it to light for me:
http://www.bimmerfest.com/forums/showthread.php?t=59661&highlight=vinegar
Hi RSP :) ,

Thank you for the link - I remember reading that thread way back when; it was just prior to my first Zaino application. The info contained in that thread is very useful. I think I'll follow Nick's Cascade method.

-Mark

Spectre
12-29-2004, 05:58 PM
I washed then dried 16 regular microfibers and 1 large waffle weave microfiber. While folding them, I found a fabric softener sheet stuck to one of the regular mf's. I must not have noticed it hiding in the drier! :tsk: :mad: :dunno:If it was a used softener sheet (leftover from a previous drying load), then it probably did little damage. Those sheets don't have much wax or whatever the material is on them after being used once.

jetstream23
01-24-2005, 04:22 PM
I usually hang-dry my MF towels after I take them out of the washing machine. Should I be putting them in the dryer? I figured hang/air drying them was best.

markseven
01-24-2005, 05:12 PM
I usually hang-dry my MF towels after I take them out of the washing machine. Should I be putting them in the dryer? I figured hang/air drying them was best.
I think tumble drying on low heat is ok... depends on how quickly you need to use them, I guess.

-Mark

Spectre
01-25-2005, 07:01 PM
All of my MF towels get tumble-dried on low. That's what the tag on the towels said to do. They still absorb just fine and haven't been inducing any scratches that I've noticed.

In any case, I don't have that much room to air dry all of my towels! :)

Nick T.
02-22-2005, 12:31 AM
Hi RSP :) ,

Thank you for the link - I remember reading that thread way back when; it was just prior to my first Zaino application. The info contained in that thread is very useful. I think I'll follow Nick's Cascade method.

-Mark

Several times Iíve been asked why do I use Cascade instead of regular laundry detergent.

(1) Dish detergent is formulated to be more effective with the oil based dirt picked up from your carís paint than laundry detergent.

(2) Cascade contains a small amount of chlorine bleach which seems to help the MF towels maintain their absorbency.

markseven
02-22-2005, 09:04 AM
Several times Iíve been asked why do I use Cascade instead of regular laundry detergent.

(1) Dish detergent is formulated to be more effective with the oil based dirt picked up from your carís paint than laundry detergent.

(2) Cascade contains a small amount of chlorine bleach which seems to help the MF towels maintain their absorbency.
Righteous! :thumbup:

-Mark

jetstream23
02-22-2005, 12:24 PM
Righteous! :thumbup:

-Mark

I had heard to keep all forms of bleach away from MF towels. :dunno:

In any case, I wash mine with a very low amount of regular Tide and hang dry them in the laundry room with the fan on.

Nick T.
02-22-2005, 12:46 PM
I had heard to keep all forms of bleach away from MF towels. :dunno:

In May 2003 there was a thread on Autopia about MF cloths repelling water:
http://autopia.org/forums/showthread.php?s=&threadid=23282

There is a lot of good info concerning towel care and the use of bleach.