PDA

View Full Version : What do you guys do about dog hair in the car?

trikerider
12-29-2004, 05:31 AM
I have a suspicion you guys are so meticulous and particular about your vehicles that you wouldn't let a dog near them. However . . . .

We have a golden retriever. Dog hair is inevitable. And I've never - ever - owned a vacuum that was useful for getting dog hair completely out of car carpet.

Is there some amazing vacuum cleaner that I don't know about?

What do you guys use?

Desertnate
12-29-2004, 08:20 AM
I use a shop vac. We own a Great Dane/German Shepard mix. She has this reall weird short hair that is stiff enough to go right into cloth seats or the carpet in the cargo area. We have found our shop vac to do pretty well. When that fails, I put the whole vaccum in the back of the car and run it across the carpet.

We do the samething in the house with the couch. Or dog isn't allowed on it, but her hair gets everywhere. So...we just put the vaccum on the couch and run it like it was on the floor. The brush on the beater-bar works the hair out pretty good.

bren
12-29-2004, 08:34 AM
Vacuum and one of these sticky lint remover things:

http://www.bedbathandbeyond.com/assets/product_images/230/1508511967507P.JPG

Artslinger
12-29-2004, 08:55 AM
You could try one of those small hand held vacs that come with a brush beater-bar attachment that goes on the end of the hose. I have one and it works great on furniture and car carpeting.