PDA

View Full Version : Long wait for 05...

zeal55
12-29-2004, 05:09 PM
Hello All,

I have been lurking the forum for couple months now mainly to do research before purchasing a X3.

I ordered my X3 on November 12 through CarsDirect. (3.0, silver grey metallic, steptronic, premium, sport, cold, xenons, nav, premium sound, servotronic)

On December 3rd I was told my car reached the port in Southern California, Oxnard?. Since then I've been constantly told that the car is on its way.

Just yesterday, the CarsDirect rep told me the car is stuck in a back lot at the port. (almost four weeks at the port!!)

Anyone else having problems like this either with a dealer or online car company?

You guys have a fantastic site, keep up the goodwork!

TIA
Galen

damills
12-29-2004, 05:14 PM
Hello All,

I have been lurking the forum for couple months now mainly to do research before purchasing a X3.

I ordered my X3 on November 12 through CarsDirect. (3.0, silver grey metallic, steptronic, premium, sport, cold, xenons, nav, premium sound, servotronic)

On December 3rd I was told my car reached the port in Southern California, Oxnard?. Since then I've been constantly told that the car is on its way.

Just yesterday, the CarsDirect rep told me the car is stuck in a back lot at the port. (almost four weeks at the port!!)

Anyone else having problems like this either with a dealer or online car company?

TIA
Galen
If you know the vin or production number, you can either go to bmwusa.com, then owners circle, find out approximate date or call bmw 18008311117, then say "production status", give the last 7 digits of the vin or production number, you can at least get more info about where bmw says its at.

I bet you can find a dealer on here that can get you one (sarafil), maybe able to dealer trade or ??

Hope this helps, good luck!

zeal55
12-29-2004, 05:26 PM
damills,

thanks for the reply.

i will go ahead and try what you suggested or else i will have to see if another dealer can get one for me.

question, what can sarafil, specifically, do for me?

thanks,
Galen

damills
12-29-2004, 06:53 PM
damills,

thanks for the reply.

i will go ahead and try what you suggested or else i will have to see if another dealer can get one for me.

question, what can sarafil, specifically, do for me?

thanks,
Galen
Ask him, send him a private message, he could probably locate one or order one, you could do a performance delivery, worth a try!

iChick
12-29-2004, 07:12 PM

Yowza. You're scaring me. I ordered mine the end of November and they said it was built on 10DEC and was waiting for a ship date to CA. Please update the board when you find out more... I'm curious to know what happens. :eek:

SARAFIL
12-29-2004, 07:31 PM
Hello All,

TIA
Galen

Sorry to offer bad news, but there is a good chance that the car has been damaged if it has been delayed at the port for nearly 4 weeks. Are you dealing with a dealer or with CarsDirect? Ask them to see if there is a damage disclosure on that car. It is not normal for a car to sit at the port that long unless it has been damaged or is awaiting a recall/repair.

zeal55
12-29-2004, 09:09 PM
SARAFIL

wow are you serious, that really sounds like bad news

I am dealing through carsdirect and the rep tells me that due to the high volume of cars that have to be moved is the reason why my car is not yet ready

but I will ask the rep for a damage disclosure but he seems to not have any info, even something as simple as a tracking or vin number

the reason I went through carsdirect was to save a little bit of money and the rep already knocked off a little because this particular car had extras that i didnt need, servotronic and premium sound

zeal55
12-30-2004, 06:10 PM
I finally got a VIN number from my carsdirect rep and seem that the car is en route, so hopefully it will reach the prep center and dealer soon.

thank you all for helping

Galen