PDA

View Full Version : Any LACCA members get their carshow tix?

Kaz
12-29-2004, 06:23 PM
I know it was announced that the club ran out of tix quickly this year and got over 2x as many requests as tix. But has anyone gotten theirs yet?

operknockity
12-29-2004, 07:33 PM
Can't help you on this one... I decided to punt on it this year.

sky
01-05-2005, 11:29 AM
I know it was announced that the club ran out of tix quickly this year and got over 2x as many requests as tix. But has anyone gotten theirs yet?It states on the http://www.bmwclubla.org/ website that all the tickets were sent
out. If you didn't receive the tickets by Jan. 4, it looks like you're out of luck.
Well, today's the 5th and I don't have the ticktets.:cry:

Kaz
01-05-2005, 11:43 AM
Me neither.

mwette
01-05-2005, 12:56 PM
I got mine Monday (3rd). 9am presentation.

doeboy
01-05-2005, 03:14 PM
I guess I didn't "win" the tix either.... :(

Who didn't get their tix and is still planning on going anyway?

operknockity
01-05-2005, 03:44 PM
I guess I didn't "win" the tix either.... :(

Who didn't get their tix and is still planning on going anyway? And which day are you going?

doeboy
01-05-2005, 03:54 PM
And which day are you going?

Dunno... was gonna see about the rest of you guys and decide based on that...

operknockity
01-05-2005, 05:15 PM
Dunno... was gonna see about the rest of you guys and decide based on that... Same here, if I decide to go at all.

jgrgnt
01-05-2005, 07:10 PM
I received my tickets on Monday for the 10:30 am presentation.

Matthew330Ci
01-05-2005, 09:19 PM
I didn't get it. I wasted a stamp! :madrazz:

And I'm not going to pay my own money to go, it's not worth it for me.

Kaz
01-05-2005, 09:22 PM
Bah, I was denied too.

Mr Paddle.Shift
01-07-2005, 10:53 AM
I was denied last year and that was it. I requested that the organizer reserved my stamp for this year instead. No replies. Probably thinks that I am a miser. Frankly, I think those who lost it last year should be given a chance this year.

Let's do some math here. For evey request, R, there is one new stamp, S, where R=S. Each ticket is represented by T. The number of new stamps kept in a box is B.

If request is granted, new stamp is used, B=S-T=0. If not, new stamp is kept in box, B=S-0, where T=0 in this case.

Let's suppose that *they* received probably close to R=100 this time and only about T=30 available. Then there should be B=S-T=70 new stamps in the box this year. But wait, don't forget the new stamps from last year (and previous years).

So a good conservative estimate of B=117 +/- 5.

Now the question is what happens to these stamps? :dunno:

operknockity
01-07-2005, 12:21 PM
I was denied last year and that was it. I requested that the organizer reserved my stamp for this year instead. No replies. Probably thinks that I am a miser. Frankly, I think those who lost it last year should be given a chance this year.

Let's do some math here. For evey request, R, there is one new stamp, S, where R=S. Each ticket is represented by T. The number of new stamps kept in a box is B.

If request is granted, new stamp is used, B=S-T=0. If not, new stamp is kept in box, B=S-0, where T=0 in this case.

Let's suppose that *they* received probably close to R=100 this time and only about T=30 available. Then there should be B=S-T=70 new stamps in the box this year. But wait, don't forget the new stamps from last year (and previous years).

So a good conservative estimate of B=117 +/- 5.

Now the question is what happens to these stamps? :dunno: You're one of them murthomuticarl ingunears, aint'ja :rofl: :rofl: :rofl:

Seriously, too much analysis and not enough beating them upside the head with baseball bats for not coming up with a more equitable distribution scheme.