PDA

View Full Version : Did 3M swirl remover OVER KLASSE AONE and GLAZE..Turned out really BAD

Fifty_Cent
01-01-2005, 04:55 AM
I tried removing some swirls with the 3M swirl remover AFTER I applied KLASSE AINONE AND GLAZE. Now my hood looks a strange, and not so shiny anymore.

I applied KLASSE AINONE again after, with the galze, but it looks like it wont cure.

QUESTION:

HOW do I remove all that stuff and start over again ?

Do I use a Paint Cleaner?
Can I use something else?dishes washing liquid e.g.?

BahnBaum
01-01-2005, 04:58 AM
I tried removing some swirls with the 3M swirl remover AFTER I applied KLASSE AINONE AND GLAZE. Now my hood looks a strange, and not so shiny anymore.

I applied KLASSE AINONE again after, with the galze, but it looks like it wont cure.

QUESTION:

HOW do I remove all that stuff and start over again ?

Do I use a Paint Cleaner?
Can I use something else?dishes washing liquid e.g.?

Wash it with Dawn Dishwashing Detergent (hmmm, don't know if it's available where you are) to get it back to a bare surface.

In the future, you always want to do that before you do any swirl removal.

Alex

Fifty_Cent
01-01-2005, 08:38 AM
Wash it with Dawn Dishwashing Detergent (hmmm, don't know if it's available where you are) to get it back to a bare surface.

In the future, you always want to do that before you do any swirl removal.

Alex
Alex, thanks for all the support and Happy New Year to you.

Unfortunately we dont have over here, but I have witnessed similar results with Henkel's Pril. It is a highly concentrated dish washing detergent.

ALL IN ONE is really hard to remove, isnt it? This is a fine product. Does the detergent remove the A IN ONE?

BahnBaum
01-01-2005, 04:56 PM
Alex, thanks for all the support and Happy New Year to you.

Unfortunately we dont have over here, but I have witnessed similar results with Henkel's Pril. It is a highly concentrated dish washing detergent.

ALL IN ONE is really hard to remove, isnt it? This is a fine product. Does the detergent remove the A IN ONE?

Happy New Year to you, too.

I can tell you that Dawn will completely remove AIO with no problem. Don't know about Pril, but I imagine that any concentrated detergent will.

And, you have a PM.

Alex

RSPDiver
01-01-2005, 07:51 PM
What kind of ratio do you guys use for detergent:water?

Fifty_Cent
01-02-2005, 01:38 AM
Happy New Year to you, too.

I can tell you that Dawn will completely remove AIO with no problem. Don't know about Pril, but I imagine that any concentrated detergent will.

And, you have a PM.

Alex
Alex, thanks for the help. Just some more comments:
The "fogness" that was created after the swirl remover is now significantly reduced, without me doing anything. Dont really know why is that, but that is what happened. Maybe the swirl remover reacted with the KLASSE, creating the bad result, and it all now evaporated or something.

I have a couple of hours before I will have lunch with the family for today( and I mean the whoooooooooole family) so I may give it some Pril washing before that.(only the bonnet and the trunk)

My neighbours will think that I am insane and so vain with all that detailing! Well, I dont care what they think.

Regards

Fifty_Cent
01-02-2005, 08:50 AM
Alex, thanks for the help. Just some more comments:
The "fogness" that was created after the swirl remover is now significantly reduced, without me doing anything. Dont really know why is that, but that is what happened. Maybe the swirl remover reacted with the KLASSE, creating the bad result, and it all now evaporated or something.

I have a couple of hours before I will have lunch with the family for today( and I mean the whoooooooooole family) so I may give it some Pril washing before that.(only the bonnet and the trunk)

My neighbours will think that I am insane and so vain with all that detailing! Well, I dont care what they think.

RegardsSorted.

I washed the affected areas with the OEM BMW shampoo, but didnt dilute it, I used it out of the box instead.
Then I re-applied AIONE and Glaze on top.!
Car's paint returned to the original deep glossy finish.
:thumbup: :thumbup: :thumbup:

dternst
01-02-2005, 02:38 PM
Try a 50/50 mixture of isopropyl alcohol and water. Apply liberally using a spray bottle and wipe off using a quality MF towel (do not apply pressure when wiping the mixture off). Then wash using normal car wash shampoo. Polish, apply AIO, then SG.

Fifty_Cent
01-11-2005, 10:47 AM
Try a 50/50 mixture of isopropyl alcohol and water. Apply liberally using a spray bottle and wipe off using a quality MF towel (do not apply pressure when wiping the mixture off). Then wash using normal car wash shampoo. Polish, apply AIO, then SG.
I have washed the car, then applied the OEM BMW polish, then Glaze again and then OEM POLISH AGAIN.

I found out that it is the glaze that is making all these dots, and stains. they are not actually swirl marks, it was just alot of glaze.

I found out that I was using alot of glaze.

AOINOE GLAZE is a powerful thing....you just need to use very little, and wipe it off immediately, or the thing will stain and never come off.

JAWJr
01-15-2005, 01:56 PM
I thought AIO removes itself if you apply it twice? That's why you can't do multiple layers of AIO. Doesn't it also remove SG?

A few days ago I did the whole car with AIO including the wheels for the first time- I've never felt a car as slippery as this one before. I just hope it protects as well as it feels.

~Jon