PDA

View Full Version : Important options?

bfeldstein
01-03-2005, 10:15 AM
I'm about to take delivery on an X3 in Highland Green with Terracotta leather. Although we wanted xenon headlights, park distance front/rear, and premium sound system, the dealer couldn't locate a car for us that also had the other features we wanted, such as navigation system, premium and cold weather packages, and satellite radio.

My question is this: how good is the standard sound system and the standard halogen headlights? Will my driving experience be appreciably lessened without these other options?

spydrz
01-03-2005, 10:19 AM
Xenons are excellent; the premium stereo isn't that much of an improvement.

breytonX5
01-03-2005, 01:26 PM
Xenons, Nav., and PDC are must-have options. You will regret not getting them so be sure to wait for a car with ALL the options you wanted. Do not rush.

Xenons are excellent; the premium stereo isn't that much of an improvement.

motordavid
01-03-2005, 01:39 PM
My 2Cts: if you're driving around Philly and not bombing two lane country roads, the halogens are acceptable; not xenon, but tolerable.
As the gang suggested, I'd skip the "prem" sound.
There are some posts of false alarms on PDC...I don't have it, don't miss it and I don't orbit the mall looking for the closest spot to the door, or parallel park on South St., so my opin on this is not objective, lol!
Prem and cold pkgs are pretty good deals, imo.
Nav: I could not care less.

I'd wait/hunt/pressure Stlr to do better search and get what You want: these stlrs are lazy and wanna toss one from their inventory. GL,md

FireFly
01-03-2005, 02:38 PM
I have a 330xi with xenons and the wife's new X3 has halogens. Funny thing is I definitely noticed the xenons when I first took delivery of my XI but now when I drive my wife's X3 I can hardly notice not having them. So you can definitely live without them and not feel left out. The fact that my wife has yet to say "I wish I got Xenons" tells you something because she really wanted them when we were buying the X3.

If you live in Philly and can get a heated steering wheel do it. I will never own another car without it. One of the best options on the vehicle.

ProcyonB
01-03-2005, 11:23 PM
Nah, I own an '04 X3 and an '05 X3. The '04 oesn't have Xenon or PS, and the '05 does. It doesn't make a difference. The servotronic does make a difference if you drive them back-back, but otherwise no one would know.

adc
01-04-2005, 09:09 AM
The servotronic does make a difference if you drive them back-back, but otherwise no one would know.

So is it a positive difference? Inquiring (and soon ordering) minds want to know...

adc
03 330 ZHP