PDA

View Full Version : Just took delivery of my 2005 X3

bfeldstein
01-08-2005, 11:49 AM
I just took delievry of my wife's 2005 X3 3.0 Highland Green/Terracotta/Light Wood with
Steptronic/Servotronic Steering/Heated steering wheel/Nav/Satellite Radio/Privacy glass/Cold Weather/Premium.

Initially, I was disappointed that the dealer couldn't locate a car for us that had all of the above features PLUS Premium sound/Xenons/Park distance control.

I have to say that the car looks beautiful! The combination of the Highland Green with Terracotta is very cool, and the light wood is very nice. The Satellite radio ROCKS! I don't think that I'll mind not having the Premium sound. Park distance control would have been nice; perhaos Xenons, too.

My delivery experience was great. My Sirrius satellite radio was already already operational. I had authorized the dealer to charge my credit card for a full-year's subscription (actually, 14 months for the price of 12). We activated BMW-Assist right from the car. Again, no problems getting that to work.

I've had two other cars with a nav sysytem, and, at first glance, the BMW system is not as intuitive as the sytem on my Lexus RX300, for example. However, over time, I'm sure that my wife will get use to using it.

My only disappointment is that this is my wife's car! I'm trying to convince her to swap my Volvo 2004 XC90 with her X3. So far, she's not buying it!

I have one question for anyone knowledgeable about Bluetooth. My car was maunfactured on August 11, 2004. Does it have the BMW Universal Bluetooth Handsfree System? I have a telephone "transmit/receive" button on the steering wheel, but I don't see any other button.

MPoWeRMAN
01-08-2005, 04:38 PM
yes, you have bluetooth, your dealer should be able to help you pair your phone and show you how to use it