PDA

View Full Version : Clear Shield

fill007
01-09-2005, 07:51 PM
Looking for a clear shield for my X3, any recomendations? I see Clear Shirld and klumar makes them. Any info on prices and performance would be great.

sfca-325i
01-10-2005, 11:52 AM
Link (http://www.bimmerfest.com/forums/showthread.php?t=70974)

sonicf
01-10-2005, 09:32 PM
got mine from dealer when i bought car for $495, but it was done by a nearby shop. 3M material. then i found out it didn't cover the painted section above bumper. it did cover headlights, front of hood & fenders, and behind the door handles. went back to dealer and complained so he split the extra $150 for the rest of it. so $570 total. only had car for week so don't know performance. but looks good.

Mr. The Edge
01-10-2005, 09:34 PM
llumar is supposed to be far better than 3M

12thBMW
01-26-2005, 08:11 AM
got mine from dealer when i bought car for $495, but it was done by a nearby shop. 3M material. then i found out it didn't cover the painted section above bumper. it did cover headlights, front of hood & fenders, and behind the door handles. went back to dealer and complained so he split the extra $150 for the rest of it. so $570 total. only had car for week so don't know performance. but looks good.

Was that the installed price or just the price of the materials??

In the X3 Accessories Booklet it is listed as three separate pieces for a TOTAL of $275!! but My dealer (Rasmussen, Portland Oregon) gave it to me for free when I bought the car. The picture doesn't show the door edge pieces (really important!!; maybe just because the picture is head on with the doors closed), but mine set came with them (a friend of mine and I installed them ourselves; we'd done it before on his '01 325i).

sonicf
01-28-2005, 08:07 PM
Was that the installed price or just the price of the materials??

In the X3 Accessories Booklet it is listed as three separate pieces for a TOTAL of $275!! but My dealer (Rasmussen, Portland Oregon) gave it to me for free when I bought the car. The picture doesn't show the door edge pieces (really important!!; maybe just because the picture is head on with the doors closed), but mine set came with them (a friend of mine and I installed them ourselves; we'd done it before on his '01 325i).

it included labor