PDA

View Full Version : Hear Ye, hear Ye... We have a date!!

Jon Shafer
01-13-2005, 11:58 AM
Bimmerfest 2005 will be held Saturday, April 23rd at the BMW Mecca of the West (where it all began)...

The new owners of the dealership, BMW of Santa Barbara, have committed to make this year's event the biggest and best one ever. The entire facility (including the Mercedes-Benz/Porsche half) is ours for the day! Stay tuned for more info...

See you at The 'Fest!!
--Jon

http://www.bimmerfest.com/forums/attachment.php?attachmentid=42843

BoostedE21
01-13-2005, 01:35 PM
OOHHH YEAH!! tis the time of the year to get those cars ready!!! Man, I cant wait.

Jon, will the dealership be able to hold all the cars that we had last year? :thumbup:

Kurt Martin
01-13-2005, 03:58 PM
Bimmerfest 2005 will be held Saturday, April 23rd at the BMW Mecca of the West (where it all began)...

--Jon

Jon,

That's awesome! This Bimmerfest will ROCK! I'll be looking for the registration link to appear on this site soon!

Also, I'm ready to volunteer to help out at the 'Fest. I'll be coming down from San Jose with the BayBimmerz Caravan the night before.

See you in three months!

Kurt

Keith
01-13-2005, 04:09 PM
Woo Hoooooo, the planning has begun, hell, I even have my room already. :D

Cliff
01-13-2005, 04:25 PM
Woo Hoooooo, the planning has begun, hell, I even have my room already. :D
Slowpoke :tsk:

:D

Jon Shafer
01-13-2005, 04:55 PM
What I can really use help with right now is getting the word out to the other online communities that I am not a part of (e.g. DTM).

I spent a couple of hours with the new owners of the dealership this morning, and I don't think that I have ever been so excited before regarding the event. These guys are serious and motivated to make this the best Bimmerfest ever. We get the whole facility for the first time ever. We are going to try to add new elements that we couldn't have done in the past when it was Cutter...

:thumbup:

The 'Fest is coming -- spread the word!!

:supdude:

KrisL
01-13-2005, 05:05 PM
w00t!!!!!

:thumbup: :thumbup: :thumbup: :thumbup:

Matthew330Ci
01-13-2005, 08:01 PM
i'll be there for sure this year.

AsianImage
01-13-2005, 10:26 PM
I am looking forward to going as well! :thumbup:

BLitZeD310
01-14-2005, 01:58 AM
My third Fest and I cant wait :rofl:

BahnBaum
01-14-2005, 04:29 AM
My third Fest and I cant wait :rofl:I wonder if there's an award for lowest post/bfest ratio. :confused:

Alex

SoonerE39
01-14-2005, 08:20 AM
OOHHH YEAH!! tis the time of the year to get those cars ready!!! Man, I cant wait.

Jon, will the dealership be able to hold all the cars that we had last year? :thumbup:
Hey Attilla, long time no see.

I have got to get out there for a Bimmerfest, even if my bimmer doesn't
:p

BoostedE21
01-14-2005, 09:10 AM
Hey whats going on, yeah come, itsan awesome event!

Jon, so can all these cars fit?

Jon Shafer
01-14-2005, 10:41 AM
Hey whats going on, yeah come, itsan awesome event!

Jon, so can all these cars fit?

We've got approximately 50% more space than we've had in the past
events at the dealership facility.

Belushi
01-14-2005, 02:48 PM

Hey Jon,

I'm in the process of planning my trip from Scottsdale, AZ to finally make it out there. I'm also getting my sister into a BMW with Franco as I write this. Trying to convert as many as I can...

-Peter

... by the way I just passed 31,000 miles. I guess I am buying this one Jon.

Kaz
01-14-2005, 02:59 PM

Do we get full use of the roof too? Being back on the property will be nice, but last year was nice in a different way in that we got to look at everyone's cars.

Now to figure out how I'm going to bring 2 cars...

operknockity
01-14-2005, 03:08 PM
Now to figure out how I'm going to bring 2 cars... Just transplant all the audio mods from the wagon to the M so you only have to bring 1 car :rofl:

doeboy
01-14-2005, 05:04 PM
Now to figure out how I'm going to bring 2 cars...

Wha? :yikes:

Have one tow the other... :p :D

BLitZeD310
01-14-2005, 07:00 PM
I wonder if there's an award for lowest post/bfest ratio. :confused:

Alex

Id proly win that. I can add it to my 2 trophies that I have won from previous BimmerFest events

Lets all judge me on my post count, immature :dunno:

jbob
01-15-2005, 04:06 AM
Hey Jon,

I'm in the process of planning my trip from Scottsdale, AZ to finally make it out there. I'm also getting my sister into a BMW with Franco as I write this. Trying to convert as many as I can...

-Peter

hey Peter, if you haven't already, checkout www.azbmw.org . a lot of the local bmw enthusiasts are on that board, and i'm sure we'll be planning a caravan out to Bimmerfest again....i think last year we had about 10-12 cars from AZ.

JAWJr
01-15-2005, 02:10 PM
Sweet! This'll be my first Bimmerfest. Looking forward to it!

Hopefully a San Diego caravan will be in the works...

~Jon :thumbup:

FlyingDutchMan
01-15-2005, 03:09 PM
Jon-
Excellent! Great to hear that it is going to happen again. Are you sure we can fit all the cars on that lot, I thought the fairgrounds was crowded last year.

Jon Shafer
01-15-2005, 07:07 PM
Jon-
Excellent! Great to hear that it is going to happen again. Are you sure we can fit all the cars on that lot, I thought the fairgrounds was crowded last year.
Hey Sander!

We will make it work. Maybe we could put your car in the showroom?

BoostedE21
01-15-2005, 07:30 PM
Id proly win that. I can add it to my 2 trophies that I have won from previous BimmerFest events

I think he was joking CJ.

Jon Shafer
01-15-2005, 07:52 PM
Hey Jon,

-Peter

Hey Doc,

It will be great to see you!

Btw, I just had my first tooth extracted last week... :(

Do you do implants??

:angel:

Jon Shafer
01-15-2005, 07:53 PM
Sweet! This'll be my first Bimmerfest. Looking forward to it!

Hopefully a San Diego caravan will be in the works...

~Jon :thumbup:

Who wants to volunteer to be caravan leaders?

FlyingDutchMan
01-15-2005, 08:39 PM
Hey Sander!

We will make it work. Maybe we could put your car in the showroom?

I'd love to help out, but I am knocking out a second masters right now, and the bimmerfest might fall right around finals. I am sure I'll be able to attend and make arrangements with you guys. I would commit a lot more time if I know exactly what my workload at school was going to be like. I'll keep you posted.

Bimmer ese
01-16-2005, 04:21 PM
Cool, count me in! I need to get out of Oklahoma. For the out-of-towners, will there be hotel/motel info posted so we can make reservations?

Dan

Jon Shafer
01-16-2005, 04:46 PM
Please add your links for accomodations to this thread.

I'll go first...

Here's one:
http://www.hotspotsusa.com/

Here's another:
http://www.tripadvisor.com/SmartDeals-g33045-Santa_Barbara-Hotel-Deals_GTESTsd.html

And another (VERY POPULAR!):
http://www.santabarbararamada.com/hotelhome/

In Ventura there's:

http://www.eagleglenonline.com/bmw/images/bimmerfest/Image020.jpg

Kurt Martin
01-16-2005, 07:10 PM

I second the Ramada recommendation. Many of the BimmerFest attendees from Northern California (and points north) stay at this hotel. If you do decide on the Ramada, reserve your room there soon, because last year they were booked solid by the day of the 'Fest.

See you in Santa Barbara!

Kurt

Cliff
01-16-2005, 07:22 PM
Kurt, you (and Dave, Peter, etc.) might want to check the events forums over at http://www.norcalbmw.com/forum/ - Keith's getting an early start this year.

persiandude
01-17-2005, 11:02 AM
I am so excited to hear that Bimmerfest will be in April, right before I leave to Europe.. Of course I will be attending (since I live in Santa Barbara).. if anyone needs any info on the area, feel free to ask me!!

Bimmer ese
01-17-2005, 11:05 AM
Thanks for the room recommendations, guys! Went ahead and made reservations at the Ramada (4770 Calle Real). Now, how far is that from BMW of Santa Barbara?

On a side note, I've never been to Ca. Been all over Europe, but never been to the west coast, so I'm really looking forward to this event.

Dan

persiandude
01-17-2005, 11:24 AM
ramada is about 5 minutes (8 miles or so) north of the dealership... you wont regret making the trip to the west coast.. Santa Barbara is beautiful..

Bimmer ese
01-17-2005, 11:30 AM
ramada is about 5 minutes (8 miles or so) north of the dealership... you wont regret making the trip to the west coast.. Santa Barbara is beautiful..

Thanks a bunch! I really appreciate it. Have you been to Europe before?

Dan

Keith
01-17-2005, 12:49 PM
Thanks a bunch! I really appreciate it. Have you been to Europe before?

Dan

Hi Dan, just jumpin' in here. :D

First of all, you will love this event, it's put on by AWESOME people (you know who you are) and like the persiondude said and I agree, Santa Barbara is one of the most beautiful places in THIS country.

Also, I'm glad to see that you're staying at the Ramada, myself and probably at least 50 BMW'S from Bay Bimmerz (from Northern Calif/SF Bay Area and a few from Seattle Wash) will be staying at the Ramada, this will be MY 5th year.
So we will see you there. :thumbup:

On another note, my Wife and I went to Italy in '02 and are in the planning stages right now to go to Germany, Austria, Switzerland and once again, Italy in Sept. of this year.
We will have to talk about our experiences once we get to S.B.

Talk to ya soon,

MG67
01-17-2005, 01:40 PM
Excellent!!! I'm looking forward to drive my Touring up there and meet you guys again!! I will buy a bunch of raffles again and hope to win BIG... :D j/k
If you need my help let me know and I will be in Santa Barbara by the 21st...:thumbup:

Thanks!

Michael
p.s. is there going to be a Touring corner...?

marvelphx
01-17-2005, 05:03 PM
Between SEMA and Bimmerfest, there is year round waiting for excitement all the time!

Of course, I'll be there. We will probably arrive Thursday night same as last year, so I will be available to help again. It is good to hear that the dealership got involved again this year!

See ya soon, Jon!

operknockity
01-17-2005, 05:56 PM
Also, I'm glad to see that you're staying at the Ramada, myself and probably at least 50 BMW'S from Bay Bimmerz (from Northern Calif/SF Bay Area and a few from Seattle Wash) will be staying at the Ramada, this will be MY 5th year.
Oh oh! Better make my reservation ASAP before they sell out for the weekend!

Bimmer ese
01-17-2005, 05:57 PM
Hi Dan, just jumpin' in here. :D

First of all, you will love this event, it's put on by AWESOME people (you know who you are) and like the persiondude said and I agree, Santa Barbara is one of the most beautiful places in THIS country.

On another note, my Wife and I went to Italy in '02 and are in the planning stages right now to go to Germany, Austria, Switzerland and once again, Italy in Sept. of this year.
We will have to talk about our experiences once we get to S.B.

Talk to ya soon,

Yeppers, I'm looking forward to this event. I have tons of info on Vienna and Zurich, and even some third world countries, if you want to visit them. I am so curious on what life is like in California.

Dan

Belushi
01-17-2005, 08:29 PM
Hey Doc,

It will be great to see you!

Btw, I just had my first tooth extracted last week... :(

Do you do implants??

:angel:

Give me a call/pm me to discuss your options. Anything I can do to help!

-Peter

scottn2retro
01-18-2005, 12:43 PM
This year could really be special -

we may have some very special surprise BMW racing guests at this year's event :eeps: :yikes:

328bimma
01-18-2005, 08:45 PM
i'lll be here again Jon!! =)

Brad323i
01-19-2005, 03:30 AM
I will be joing the Bay Bimmerz crew again. This time I plan to go down with them to and from SB instead of just joing for them for ride home. I can't wait! :p

JetBlack330i
01-19-2005, 06:00 AM
I sincerely hope that we get bimmerfest shirts this time.
The 2003 long sleeve BF is still my favorite shirt of all the shirts I have.
Please don't skimp on quality.

MG67
01-19-2005, 09:57 AM
Please don't skimp on quality.:stupid:

gojira-san
01-19-2005, 12:00 PM
I would love to attend, but I don't think I will be able to take enough time off to drive cross country and back. :(

scottn2retro
01-19-2005, 01:59 PM

How about the other shirts (white polo and blue t-shirt) and the white and blue hats that some people got in '03?

Would people be interested if those were available again?

BLitZeD310
01-19-2005, 02:59 PM
I second the motion on the long sleeve blue shrit that read BimmerFest2003 on the sleeve. I wear that one often

Jon Shafer
01-19-2005, 03:17 PM
I second the motion on the long sleeve blue shrit that read BimmerFest2003 on the sleeve. I wear that one often

That was my design. Glad that you liked it!

I'll have to come up with a new one...

Cliff
01-19-2005, 03:45 PM
How about the other shirts (white polo and blue t-shirt) and the white and blue hats that some people got in '03?

Would people be interested if those were available again?
Do the polo in a second color, but the shirt I got that year is of very good quality and the embroidery was well executed (in contrast with last year's polo, on both counts).

PhAzEd330
01-20-2005, 01:30 AM

I'll go first...

Here's one:
http://www.hotspotsusa.com/

Here's another:
http://www.tripadvisor.com/SmartDeals-g33045-Santa_Barbara-Hotel-Deals_GTESTsd.html

In Ventura there's:

http://www.eagleglenonline.com/bmw/images/bimmerfest/Image020.jpg

I think I'll stay at The Sandman Inn again this year.

http://www.thesandmaninn.com/

How much were you guys able to get rooms at Ramada for? I called and they said $150 a night. The Sandman Inn was $110 a night.

JetBlack330i
01-20-2005, 06:02 AM
That was my design. Glad that you liked it!

I'll have to come up with a new one...
How about Bimmerfest 2005 on the right sleeve? :dunno:
Don't fix what's not broke. :p
(That's meant as a cumpliment)

persiandude
01-20-2005, 11:23 AM
check out the extended stay america, its right next to the Ramada and IN n Out and its only $101 a night.. its also a newer hotel than the ramada...

just thought i would give you guys a heads up

MG67
01-20-2005, 02:26 PM
DO NOT stay at the Sandy Reef Inn in Carpenteria!!! That's a very very nasty hotel...:nono: :nono:

Keith
01-20-2005, 05:33 PM
check out the extended stay america, its right next to the Ramada and IN n Out and its only $101 a night.. its also a newer hotel than the ramada...

just thought i would give you guys a heads up

NIIIICE, NOW you tell us!
This must have been built since last years Bimmerfest?
I wish you locals would let us know these things, you know who you are! :tsk:
All that was there last and the year before and so on, were the Ramada, IHOP, 3 gas station's (and one of those was shut down) and In & Out.
Where did they build Extended Stay America?

Thanks for the late heads up anyways, it will help some out.

Ty Vil
01-21-2005, 12:42 AM
I'll be there again this year. Since I've moved to AZ for school I'll be coming with Todd and the rest of the AZ crew. 6 hour drive is going to be alot nicer the 16 as it's been the last 2 years.

Keith
01-21-2005, 10:43 AM
I'll be there again this year. Since I've moved to AZ for school I'll be coming with Todd and the rest of the AZ crew. 6 hour drive is going to be alot nicer the 16 as it's been the last 2 years.

WHAT :yikes: you don't like to drive????????????????????
See ya in a 3 months Ty! :thumbup:

persiandude
01-21-2005, 04:55 PM
All that was there last and the year before and so on, were the Ramada, IHOP, 3 gas station's (and one of those was shut down) and In & Out.

I would have posted it earlier had i known, but this is the first bimmerfest that i am attending with my own car, thusly i am into checking all the boards.. anyway the extended stay is a few years old.. its literally right across the street from the In N Out.. hopefully some people are able to stay there...

Cliff
01-21-2005, 05:03 PM

Of course Keith, they probably don't have french waffles for breakfast nor water fowl wandering about the gardens. The Ramada does have a nice ambience.

Keith
01-21-2005, 05:05 PM
Ahh, I got ya, I thought you meant it was NEW.
I was like, where the h*** did they build that and what did they tear down?

Thanks, I feel better now and I/we have stayed at the Ramada 5 years straight and have been very happy. :thumbup:

I agree with you Cliff, there's probably classier joints around (more expensive) but do they have duckies waddling around and lush landscaping?

94is
01-22-2005, 04:54 PM

Nah, I'll win that one. :p
I'll be there for my 3rd bimmerfest. Can't wait! :bigpimp:

Bimmer ese
01-22-2005, 09:24 PM
How much were you guys able to get rooms at Ramada for? I called and they said $150 a night

Got a double room for $128 a night (govt discount)

SoCalZ3
01-23-2005, 01:01 PM
I just joined this board today :thumbup: I've heard about bimmerfest from so many other boards, and it sounds very exciting. I live in the San Fernando Valley and would like to join a caravan to the site. Who should I contact? It also sounds like I should make hotel reservations ASAP!

email to SoCalZ3@gmail.com

DeCePtiCzXe39
01-23-2005, 10:46 PM
This will be my first Bimmer Fest and i'm excited like CRAZY!!! From what i hav read, it's freakin' Awesome! I'm from Ventura and if any of u guys are looking for hotels to stay in there's the Marriot which it right by the beach and it's comfortable. Just thought i should help.

KrisL
01-24-2005, 10:02 AM
Use this URL to make your reservation @ the Ramada for $105:

http://www.ramada.com/Ramada/control/ExtClick?&ref_code=ABIL&page=advanced_search

That should automatically fill in corp id# 60955

Mr Paddle.Shift
01-24-2005, 09:29 PM
Jon,

Just curious, will there be like vendor booths this time round too? If so, when will the info be ready?

operknockity
01-24-2005, 11:05 PM
I just joined this board today :thumbup: I've heard about bimmerfest from so many other boards, and it sounds very exciting. I live in the San Fernando Valley and would like to join a caravan to the site. Who should I contact? It also sounds like I should make hotel reservations ASAP!

email to SoCalZ3@gmail.com
Just watch for announcements about caravans as it gets closer to 'Fest time, then just chime in on those threads.

Jon Shafer
01-24-2005, 11:17 PM
Jon,
Just curious, will there be like vendor booths this time round too? If so, when will the info be ready?Within a couple of weeks I will post a formal announcement regarding the vendors that have accepted their invitations to Bimmerfest 2005.

So far the tentative list of vendors includes:

Evosport
Wheelpower
Technik Engineering
Bimmian
Eurobahn
üm•nitza inc.
Stealth Auto
Teckademics
Pelican Parts - DriveWerks
Dension <?xml:namespace prefix = st1 ns = "urn:schemas-microsoft-com:office:smarttags" /><st1:country-region w:st="on"><ST1:pUSA</st1:country-region>
<st1:country-region w:st="on">JleviStreetWerks</st1:country-region>
<st1:country-region w:st="on">B & M</st1:country-region>
<st1:country-region w:st="on"></st1:country-region><st1:country-region w:st="on">Avus Autosport</st1:country-region>
<st1:country-region w:st="on"></st1:country-region><st1:country-region w:st="on">TOYO TIRE (USA) Corporation</st1:country-region>
<st1:country-region w:st="on"></st1:country-region>
<st1:country-region w:st="on">We are also working very closely with some BMW racing teams to display their vehicles at this year's event...</st1:country-region>
<st1:country-region w:st="on">:thumbup:</st1:country-region><ST1:p</ST1:p<ST1:p</ST1:p

Mr Paddle.Shift
01-24-2005, 11:25 PM
Goodie goodie, Jon!

I should have a new project ready by then. I will keep checking back.

Btw, I might have a lead to get a 7er H20. I don't suppose the Fest will be too crowded for this novelty automobile? ;)

Jon Shafer
01-25-2005, 10:36 AM
Goodie goodie, Jon!

I should have a new project ready by then. I will keep checking back.

Btw, I might have a lead to get a 7er H20. I don't suppose the Fest will be too crowded for this novelty automobile? ;)
Do you mean one like this Vince?

Mr Paddle.Shift
01-25-2005, 12:04 PM
Dang it, Jon!! I thought you lost all those pictures from your server crash???

Wasn't that back in January 2002? I think I still have the pic where Dave was Martini-zed. :p

Keith
01-25-2005, 01:18 PM
Within a couple of weeks I will post a formal announcement regarding the vendors that have accepted their invitations to Bimmerfest 2005.

So far the tentative list of vendors includes:

Evosport
Wheelpower
Technik Engineering
Bimmian
Eurobahn
üm•nitza inc.
Stealth Auto
Teckademics
MPerformance
Pelican Parts - DriveWerks
Dension <?xml:namespace prefix = st1 ns = "urn:schemas-microsoft-com:office:smarttags" /><st1:country-region w:st="on"><ST1:pUSA</st1:country-region>
<st1:country-region w:st="on">JleviStreetWerks</st1:country-region>
<st1:country-region w:st="on">B & M</st1:country-region>
<st1:country-region w:st="on"></st1:country-region><st1:country-region w:st="on">Avus Autosport</st1:country-region>
<st1:country-region w:st="on"></st1:country-region><st1:country-region w:st="on">TOYO TIRE (USA) Corporation</st1:country-region>
<st1:country-region w:st="on">We are also working very closely with some BMW racing teams to display their vehicles at this year's event...</st1:country-region>
<st1:country-region w:st="on">:thumbup:</st1:country-region><ST1:p</ST1:p<ST1:p</ST1:p

WOO HOO, I remember that Toyo guy!!!!!!!!!! :thumbup: :D

DaveClement
01-26-2005, 03:55 PM
Yes, but do you remember that Toyo GIRL? My fiancé is named Toyo. I made sure to get pictures of her standing in front of the Toyo truck banner.

We are hoping to make it again this year (third time). I am still sorting out my work schedule. I did go out on a limb and make a reservation at the Ramada this time.

operknockity
01-26-2005, 06:10 PM
Do you mean one like this Vince?
http://www.bimmerfest.com/forums/attachment.php?attachmentid=43452 Is that who I think it is between Vince and Dave?????

-sF kRew- [x5]
01-27-2005, 12:02 AM
Hi, i just joined the forum like couples of minbutes ago. Nice to be here. :hi:
As for the bimmerfest, can someone help me with the full address of where it'LL be held?
Thanks alot. :)

Jon Shafer
01-27-2005, 12:23 AM
The address is Santa Barbara Auto Group
402 S. Hope Ave. Santa Barbara, CA 93110 (805)682-2000
http://www.sbautogroup.com/en_US/

The other side of the rainbow... ;)

Jon Shafer
01-27-2005, 12:30 AM
Is that who I think it is between Vince and Dave?????
Actually the Bangler was there, but that's not him, but rather a look-alike.

Who has the pic of Dave330i with Herr Bangle??

-sF kRew- [x5]
01-27-2005, 12:57 AM
The address is Santa Barbara Auto Group
402 S. Hope Ave. Santa Barbara, CA 93110 (805)682-2000
http://www.sbautogroup.com/en_US/

The other side of the rainbow... ;)

Thanks for the info Jon. :thumbup:
:wow: ..that pic, it really is the other side of the rainbow..

mahaloM3
01-27-2005, 07:52 PM

The new owners of the dealership, BMW of Santa Barbara, have committed to make this year's event the biggest and best one ever. The entire facility (including the Mercedes-Benz/Porsche half) is ours for the day! Stay tuned for more info...

See you at The 'Fest!!
--Jon

mahalom3 will definetly be there!!

Spectre
01-27-2005, 08:16 PM

Would people be interested if those were available again?Definitely. You brought some good quality shirts. :thumbup:

Jon Shafer
01-28-2005, 06:57 PM
This year's lineup of tuners and media is going to blow minds...

Jon Shafer
02-02-2005, 07:21 PM
This year's lineup of tuners and media is going to blow minds...
Here's a follow-up:

Tuners that have RSVP'd include Racing Dynamics (Federico Pavoncelli), AC Schnitzer (CEC), Evosport, Hamann (Wheelpower), Technik Engineering to name but a few.

Media to include European Car Magazine, EuroTuner Magazine, Bimmer Magazine, Performance BMW Magazine, with more confirmations expected.

:str8pimpi

Keith
02-02-2005, 07:27 PM
Here's a follow-up:

Tuners that have RSVP'd include Racing Dynamics (Federico Pavoncelli), AC Schnitzer (CEC), Evosport, Hamann (Wheelpower), Technik Engineering to name but a few.

Media to include European Car Magazine, EuroTuner Magazine, Bimmer Magazine, Performance BMW Magazine, with more confirmations expected.

:str8pimpi

WOO HOO :banana: :clap: :freakdanc

:drive: Will be there Buuuuuuudy! :thumbup:

Jon Shafer
02-06-2005, 12:13 AM
You won't believe this, but there is still a sizeable supply of these shirts
remaining -- the leftovers from the 2003 event -- available currently
at BMW of Santa Barbara. These (collector item) shirts will be available
on event day I think...

:)

JetBlack330i
02-06-2005, 07:24 AM
on event day I think...

That's nice, but I can't be there for the event. :bawling:
What is the likelihood of us getting an updated edition (you know, with 2005 on the sleeves)? :angel:

JonathanIT
02-06-2005, 09:05 AM
Can anyone tell me if that paintless dent guy will be there again this year? I thought he was really good, and sadly I need his services this year. :( If so I thought I would wait untill Bimmerfest to get my door fixed.

--J.

Keith
02-06-2005, 01:12 PM
Can anyone tell me if that paintless dent guy will be there again this year? I thought he was really good, and sadly I need his services this year. :( If so I thought I would wait untill Bimmerfest to get my door fixed.

--J.

Yep, I read Jon's post somewhere and he did he'd be there.
I believe his name is Rick and he's awesome, he did my Black '95 540 a couple years ago! :thumbup:

Jon Shafer
02-06-2005, 01:24 PM
Yep, I read Jon's post somewhere and he did he'd be there.
I believe his name is Rick and he's awesome, he did my Black '95 540 a couple years ago! :thumbup:
Rick Seidman is the most incredible Paintless Dent repairman that I have ever
seen. I've known him and have watched his artistry for the past 13 years.

I'm pretty sure that he will be on hand again for this year's event.

JonathanIT
02-06-2005, 11:00 PM
Cool, thanks for the info. Fortunately my ding is minor so I don't mind living with it for a couple months. In fact, it's so minor I hope he will be able to fix it at all! :rofl:

--J.

Mattkins
02-08-2005, 12:43 AM
I'm there. I only made it to Bimmerfest Calgary last year and I missed this one. After hearing how awesome it was last year, there's no way I'm going to miss it this time.

I already have my rooms booked in Pleasanton and the Ramada in Santa Barbara!! I just hooked up my Sirius so I'll have great beats the whole way down. I have a car bra on order to keep nasty rock chips away. I also hope to have a new audio setup by April... but that's only a maybe.

xs3x
02-08-2005, 01:52 AM
I'll be there this year again Jon!!

going to have a nice surprise for the people to see too :D

Quicksilver
02-08-2005, 02:07 AM

See you at The 'Fest!!
--Jon

Hey I'm New. I don't see any X 5's in that picture. Are they allowed??

Jon Shafer
02-08-2005, 08:52 AM
Hey I'm New. I don't see any X 5's in that picture. Are they allowed??This year the BMW SAV figures to be well represented.

Many forum regulars will be in attendance this year I hope.

Some of our tuners bring some pretty wicked X5's to display too.

One that stands out in my mind was the AC Schnitzer X5.

StevzZ3
02-08-2005, 01:21 PM
I have'nt missed a one yet, no reason to stop now!!:thumbup: All propeller-heads
makes for a good time.:D

Quicksilver
02-08-2005, 02:50 PM
This year the BMW SAV figures to be well represented.

Many forum regulars will be in attendance this year I hope.

Some of our tuners bring some pretty wicked X5's to display too.

One that stands out in my mind was the AC Schnitzer X5.

Any picture avaliable for that one??

Keith
02-08-2005, 03:30 PM
I'm there. I only made it to Bimmerfest Calgary last year and I missed this one. After hearing how awesome it was last year, there's no way I'm going to miss it this time.

I already have my rooms booked in Pleasanton

:thumbup: Cool Matt, good to here, I'm assuming you're coming down with Dave & Steve?
Hopefully you guys get here early enough to have that "car washing" party at my house. :thumbup:
I discussed with Steve about you guys coming over and washing your babies, we had some pretty dirty cars arrive last year (do to the rain and road grime)
We'll have to play that by ear, but I'm all for it and I have SOFT water! :D

Looking forward to meeting you Matt and seeing my 'ol Buddies from the Pac-Northwest!

Keith
02-08-2005, 03:40 PM
I have'nt missed a one yet, no reason to stop now!!:thumbup: All propeller-heads
makes for a good time.:D

OAKLEY :yikes: Hey, are you gonna join us (Bay Bimmerz) bright and early for our caravan to Santa Barbara? :thumbup:

This is what I sent out to our member's:

Bimmerfest is upon us again for it's 6th year

Bay Bimmerz Caravan times and meeting spots!

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Bay Bimmerz Bimmerfest Caravan!
When: Saturday, April 23 2005

Join the Bay Bimmerz caravan to Bimmerfest '05 in Santa Barbara.

This year it's back at the dealership, not Cutter, but the same site, now BMW of Santa Babara.

For complete details, go to their official web site Bimmerfest, http://www.bimmerfest.com/index.php
They will soon have pre-registration, so be on the look out for that.

Bimmerfest is the largest Bimmer event in California (if not the world) and features everything from 2002's all the way up to the 760il. There will be a lot of vendor's there to show off their latest and greatest toys for your car.

I (Keith) will be heading up the East Bay Caravan to Gilroy, you can RSVP Keith at keller235@comcast.net to let him know which location you will meet up at and if you have any questions.
Please RSVP your forum name used, your "real name", year, color and model of car

There will be ONE other stop along the way (just like past years) at the In&Out in Atescadero, you know restroom break, food and gas for those that need it.

"East Bay Meeting Spot"

Meeting at Nordstrom's Friday April 22nd @ Stoneridge Mall in Pleasanton at 6:00am
Depart Nordstrom's at 6:30am SHARP!

Nordstrom's-1600 Stoneridge Mall Rd.-Pleasanton 94588

Everyone else arrive in Gilroy/In&Out approximately at 7:30am

In and Out Burger
641 Leavesley Rd.
Gilroy, CA 95020

Depart Gilroy at 8:30am SHARP and head out for
Santa Barbara.

We will be coming back to the Bay Area on Hwy 1, not 101 on Sunday the 24th around noon.

Most of us have booked rooms at The Ramada Limited : http://www.santabarbararamada.com/hotelhome/

Ramada Limited Santa Barbara
4770 Calle Real
Santa Barbara, CA 93110
Phone: (805) 964-3511

BMW of Santa Barbara http://www.sbautogroup.com/en_US/f_HomePage_1.chtml
402 S Hope Ave
Santa Barbara, CA 93105
(805) 682-2000

Everyone please bring your 2 way radios and your V1's, Passport's, Bell's, whatever and make this a safe trip.

So hurry up, schedule days off work and get your hotel reservations! (very important)

Thank you,

Bay Bimmerz Crew

rabbiez
02-08-2005, 04:42 PM
this may be the year that i sell my pride and joy if the price is right
my 1968 red 1600 cabrolet convertable will be for sale call eric at 805-448-5003
the car has been garaged for many years (25) and is located here in santa barbara and has been serviced at granny's garage but i have no idea how much to ask for it
eric zahm
highlights hair salon
160 west alamar ave
santa barbara ,ca 93105
805-563-4626wk
805-448-5003cell :cry:
rabbiez@cox.net

Matthew330Ci
02-08-2005, 06:08 PM

--J.

On a similar note, I wonder if someone who can do minor wheel repair (curb scratches and such) will be there?

scottn2retro
02-08-2005, 06:44 PM
On a similar note, I wonder if someone who can do minor wheel repair (curb scratches and such) will be there?

We look at that in previous years, but there's actually painting involved and possible overspray in the vicinity of other people's cars, so it requires a little bit of space that is kind of isolated - not easy to do at the dealer.

vadere36mpwr
02-10-2005, 12:25 AM
I can wait for my second bimmerfest. Last year was a blast, props to those who took pics and shared it with everyone online. Is anyone from the Los Angeles area? I would hate to drive up there myself. :eeps:

tony2tru
02-10-2005, 03:19 AM
Im in again this year!!!

scottn2retro
02-10-2005, 08:43 AM
I can wait for my second bimmerfest. Last year was a blast, props to those who took pics and shared it with everyone online. Is anyone from the Los Angeles area? I would hate to drive up there myself. :eeps:

There is usually a big caravan that starts in San Diego and makes stops in OC and LA on the way to SB.

vadere36mpwr
02-10-2005, 10:08 AM
thanks Scott, do you know who is doing it and who I should contact? If so, please email me @ e36mpwr@yahoo.com, I would like to join, thanks! :bigpimp:

operknockity
02-10-2005, 03:24 PM
thanks Scott, do you know who is doing it and who I should contact? If so, please email me @ e36mpwr@yahoo.com, I would like to join, thanks! :bigpimp: Not sure who usually organizes the San Diego leg of the SoCal caravan, but just watch for a SoCal Caravans thread to be started pretty soon.

DeCePtiCzXe39
02-10-2005, 06:08 PM
HEY! just wondering... is anybody else from the Ventura/Oxnard/Thousand Oaks area attending Bimmer Fest '05??

scottn2retro
02-10-2005, 07:44 PM
HEY! just wondering... is anybody else from the Ventura/Oxnard/Thousand Oaks area attending Bimmer Fest '05??

Check with Emission :)

BoostedE21
02-10-2005, 08:49 PM
Yes I am, I'm from Thousand Oaks.

RKT BMR
02-13-2005, 12:40 PM
on event day I think...What size does a hefty guy like me need, Jon? Will XL do it? I want to call them up and order one now...

RKT BMR
02-13-2005, 12:45 PM
We look at that in previous years, but there's actually painting involved and possible overspray in the vicinity of other people's cars, so it requires a little bit of space that is kind of isolated - not easy to do at the dealer.Hiya Scott! :wave: long time...

How about the possibility of getting Son up on Friday afternoon or something to do some fixup for a crowd? I could use some touchups, and it would be great to have it done before the event. I imagine we could get quite a list of people together to make it worth his while to come all the way to Santa Barbara for an afternoon...

Jon Shafer
02-13-2005, 04:36 PM
What size does a hefty guy like me need, Jon? Will XL do it? I want to call them up and order one now...
I think that'll do...

scottn2retro
02-13-2005, 06:47 PM
Hiya Scott! :wave: long time...

How about the possibility of getting Son up on Friday afternoon or something to do some fixup for a crowd? I could use some touchups, and it would be great to have it done before the event. I imagine we could get quite a list of people together to make it worth his while to come all the way to Santa Barbara for an afternoon...

I think Son owns an e46 M3 now, so he might be interested in helping out the Bimmer crowd. But the real problem is, where to do it? It has to be some place that won't mind that kind of work going on (compressor, paint spraying).

I can ask if he's going to the event and if there was enough demand would he be willing to do wheels on Friday afternoon.

Inv3ctiv3
02-13-2005, 07:44 PM
I will def be here !! I live here in Santa Barbara and was there last year, it is going to be soooooooooooooo sick having back at Cutter (Santa Barbara Auto Group).

JonathanIT
02-13-2005, 09:14 PM
I live in L.A., but we have a house at Solimar Beach in Ventura I stay at for Bimmefest weekend. Does that count? :D

--J.

califblue
02-15-2005, 12:10 PM
I'll be there :thumbup:

http://www.labusas.org/photopost/data/500/41E34-med.jpg

http://www.labusas.org/photopost/data/500/415er.jpg

Keith
02-15-2005, 02:55 PM
I'll be there :thumbup:

http://www.labusas.org/photopost/data/500/41E34-med.jpg

http://www.labusas.org/photopost/data/500/415er.jpg

Ahhh yes, another E34 5er! :thumbup:

Jon Shafer
02-15-2005, 03:36 PM
Ahhh yes, another E34 5er! :thumbup:
I really like those plate frames too... :)

RKT BMR
02-15-2005, 07:17 PM
Ahhh yes, another E34 5er! :thumbup:Keith baby... Carl comin' this year? Tell him I said hi, and that I'll be pissed if he doesn't make it. :)

RKT BMR
02-15-2005, 07:18 PM
I think Son owns an e46 M3 now, so he might be interested in helping out the Bimmer crowd. But the real problem is, where to do it? It has to be some place that won't mind that kind of work going on (compressor, paint spraying).

I can ask if he's going to the event and if there was enough demand would he be willing to do wheels on Friday afternoon.Cool... does that mean he's coming to the fest regardless?

Count me in the wheel bunch if we can make it work...

Keith
02-15-2005, 08:52 PM
Keith baby... Carl comin' this year? Tell him I said hi, and that I'll be pissed if he doesn't make it. :)

You know he WILL be there again! :thumbup:

Keith
02-15-2005, 09:03 PM

Yep, I know about that plate too, right Jon! :D

Hey Jon, can you hook us up with this scene again:

http://www.coates3.com/albums/CliffFest2004/Fest_20040430042.jpg

This was a sweeeet set-up:

http://www.coates3.com/albums/KeithFest2004/P1010036.jpg

Let us know. :thumbup:

califblue
02-15-2005, 09:46 PM

Jon, the original owner did buy the E34 from Cutter motors :thumbup:
I bought it 3/21//03 and attend your event "BIMMERFEST 03' and had know idea until I pulled I was bringing her home :D

P.S. I won 4 drawings that day ( maguires kit, Redline oil, 2 sets of light bulbs & dent removal) but was not present ( Had to go launch a satellite at Vandenberg)
Thanks again for the Fantastic event :thumbup:

Kurt Martin
02-16-2005, 02:22 AM
Hey Jon, can you hook us up with this scene again:

What the *#!*@&? Nobody told me there was a place to wash our cars after the drive down last year! I had to settle for a quick detail in the hotel parking lot. Were those pictures taken Friday or Saturday? Were you holding out on me Keith? :mad: :bawling:

Keith
02-16-2005, 01:36 PM
What the *#!*@&? Nobody told me there was a place to wash our cars after the drive down last year! I had to settle for a quick detail in the hotel parking lot. Were those pictures taken Friday or Saturday? Were you holding out on me Keith? :mad: :bawling:

:rofl: Sorry, you just started me laughing when I read this.

Yes, it was on Friday and a few of us drove by the Showground's and bs'd with Jon for awhile and this guy shows up and hooked us up.

Sorry Kurt, we were in the right place at the right time.

Soooo, that's why I'm calling out Jon to see if he can get the hook up for us again and we can PLAN this.
THIS TIME there will be quite a few more cars, because I hope that we DO get this planned.

JON, whatcha' think???? :dunno:

Let us know, I can even call or email him myself if you get me a contact name and number.

marvelphx
02-16-2005, 01:39 PM
If you look closely Keith, the website is right on his trailer in the pics! ;)

And I think that would be great, find a location, throw him a few bucks per and go to town on Friday... at least until he runs out of water!

Keith
02-16-2005, 01:59 PM
If you look closely Keith, the website is right on his trailer in the pics! ;)

And I think that would be great, find a location, throw him a few bucks per and go to town on Friday... at least until he runs out of water!

That's funny, I was just going to post to Jon and tell him I talked to Ricky and got it covered.
VERY smart move on his part to put that addy on the trailer, I saw it AFTER I posted to Jon and then went on the site and called him. :thumbup:

NOW I have to get a head/car count to figure out $.

The planning begins. :supdude:

Inv3ctiv3
02-16-2005, 02:21 PM
Are we all meeting up the night before like last year? We all met up at In and Out last year. We should try and plan something out like that, there is usually a big group of ricers/muscle car owners that go out to INO on Friday Nights at around 10, so we could crash their GTG like we did last year :angel: And before the meet up at INO we had a dinner at Chevy's so lets get to plannin' that ! Maybe a BB-Q? Then us guys from SB can maybe lead a little cruise through SB ?

e46zhp
02-23-2005, 02:18 AM
Just wanted to throw in my "hotel/motel warning" for SB: there's a Super 8 Motel in SB that is atrocious!!!! My husband and I stayed there, by mistake, over a year ago (only place that had vacancy - we were there for a photography dealio) and it was horrible!

First off, my husband's reservation was lost, so when we checked in, we didn't notice that they changed the departure date on us.... we were supposed to be there for 2 nights, and they had us down for only 1 night. So... on day 2, when we came back to our room, our key didn't work and some big fat burly guy opened the door and said it was his room! I felt like I was in the Twilight Zone.... so we go to the front desk, and they had all our stuff (which, by the way, they just threw in plastic bags for us - wet shampoo bottles in with clothes - the bastards! :mad: ) we threw a fit! GET THIS: they had the same room type available just down the hallway that they gave us.... Um, hello???? Why not give the other guy that room, instead of bothering to pack up all our sh1t and putting the new guy in our room? It was obvious we hadn't checked out yet - so why? Fockers! We didn't pay for the 2nd night, but still...... Never again.

You have been warned....

damn, sounds like a motel i'd never wanna step in...
:confused:

BMWenthusiast
02-26-2005, 10:19 PM
im gonna be there, I can't wait!!!! anyone know how the traffic on the 101 is on saturdays?

Jon Shafer
03-07-2005, 08:49 AM
I am so excited...

Can you tell??

jrloM3
03-07-2005, 10:31 AM
WAHOO... just registered! :bigpimp:

Dinanify
03-07-2005, 11:36 AM
Registered and ready to roll. See you all there!

gjvilleg
03-07-2005, 12:17 PM
Same here. I Can't Wait. See you guys there!! :thumbup:

Keith
03-07-2005, 05:08 PM
Registered and ready to roll. See you all there!

DITTO!!!!!!!!!!! :D

Matthew330Ci
03-07-2005, 06:50 PM
Jon, you should edit the first post to include the link to the reg. page.

Jon Shafer
03-07-2005, 07:28 PM
Done. Thanks Matt!

FN2DRIV
03-08-2005, 12:08 AM
I would love nothing more then to make the nice drive down to the fest this year. I am however stuck in Germany untill the end of April. Hopfully next year I will be able to make it, I am looking forward to seeing all the sweet cars that everyone has. Have fun and drink one for me. :drink:
I am the one in Germany... I will drink a few for you!! :drink: :drink: :drink: :drink: :drink: :drink: :drink: :drink: :drink: or so..

MattE21
03-08-2005, 11:32 AM
I'm in the process of planning my trip from Scottsdale, AZ to finally make it out there.

If you would like to get in on our caravan planning, and hotel accomodations, surf over to www.azbmw.org We have a few groups leaving ranging from that thursday morning, to thurs. night and friday morning.

-- M

beewang
03-08-2005, 05:41 PM

Question: Why do you have my car as your signature??!! :p

I'll see you fellas there.... again!! ;)

Kaisake
03-09-2005, 10:17 PM
Registered and ready to go! :thumbup:

Keith
03-09-2005, 10:24 PM

:yikes: WOW, glad to see it Ben, see ya next month, long time NO see! :thumbup:

JonathanIT
03-11-2005, 07:32 PM
Rick Seidman is the most incredible Paintless Dent repairman that I have ever
seen. I've known him and have watched his artistry for the past 13 years.

I'm pretty sure that he will be on hand again for this year's event.
Will there be a way to sign up in advance for Rick's services?

--J.

Jon Shafer
03-11-2005, 07:34 PM
I received an email from Rick this week...

He won't be able to attend this year...

:cry:

Keith
03-11-2005, 08:26 PM

:yikes: WHAT, no Rick, geez, that sucks! :cry:
It's going to be weird not seeing him, he's part of the tradition of Bimmerfest! :(

JonathanIT
03-11-2005, 09:46 PM

DoH!! :banghead:

--J.

BMWenthusiast
03-12-2005, 07:34 PM
im registered...yay!!!

Bill-SD
03-18-2005, 12:52 PM
Hey Jon,

I just registered! I'm looking forward to it. I haven't been back to SB since picking up the M3.

~Bill

Jon Shafer
03-18-2005, 01:07 PM
Hey Jon,

I just registered! I'm looking forward to it. I haven't been back to SB since picking up the M3.

~Bill
Cool!

Bringing your new bride??

Bill-SD
03-18-2005, 02:12 PM
Cool!

Bringing your new bride??

Yes!

Keith
03-18-2005, 07:26 PM

Hey Ben, go back to the Evite and change your "maybe" to YES.
Will you be joining the caravan (meeting in Gilroy or Pleasanton) or are you going later?

Burakfb
03-30-2005, 02:31 AM
we can show up without registering rite?
i mean i can't show up with my car considering nothing is done with it, and won't have anything done to it :(
i think i'll feel too embarassed with having the only stock car their!

but i would love to show up!

Jon Shafer
03-30-2005, 07:17 AM
we can show up without registering rite?
i mean i can't show up with my car considering nothing is done with it, and won't have anything done to it :(
i think i'll feel too embarassed with having the only stock car their!

but i would love to show up!
You can definitely participate in the day's festivities. Using an 'honor system',
people with stock, current-model (i.e. non-classic, non-///M) BMWs are
encouraged to park off-site at one of the many available parking areas
in order to make room for the cars that the enthusiasts really want to
see. Please register for the event online in either case so that we can
compile event attendance statistics/data and plan for other aspects
(e.g., food).

scottn2retro
04-06-2005, 10:28 PM
Hey Jon - with all the prize donations, in addition to Battle of the Bimmers winners, can there be a prize awarded for the 'fester that either 1) came from the farthest away or 2) drove the farthest to get there? I think that would be neat.

bmwtransport
04-12-2005, 09:30 AM
Is there a award for the most perfect stock BMW?

I'd win that one. :thumbup:

Keith
04-12-2005, 04:21 PM
Hey Jon - with all the prize donations, in addition to Battle of the Bimmers winners, can there be a prize awarded for the 'fester that either 1) came from the farthest away or 2) drove the farthest to get there? I think that would be neat.

Yeah Scott, I agree, but that would HAVE to be #2, the furthest DRIVING to get to Bimmerfest. :thumbup:

Multi-BMW owner
04-13-2005, 07:15 PM
Just registered to attend the event; found out through a colleague at Yokohama. Wondering why there's no listing for M6s. Am feeling left out.... :dunno: