PDA

View Full Version : Frozen Klasse Order!

ragskne
01-18-2005, 03:21 PM
I just received my Klasse AIO and SG from FED EX. IT was frozen solid. Once it thaws, is it still usable or will the shipment have to go back? Order was from Autopia.

Thanks

1Dreamer
01-18-2005, 06:05 PM
I just received my Klasse AIO and SG from FED EX. IT was frozen solid. Once it thaws, is it still usable or will the shipment have to go back? Order was from Autopia.

Thanks :yikes: How in the world did that happen?! You'll get every opinion in the book asking here, but I'd call Autopia and ask. I ordered my Klasse and Sonus products from them and it's a reputable and professional company. I'd think they would know better than anyone and replace it if needed. Good luck!

04.325ci
01-18-2005, 06:31 PM
Well since it probably isn't Autopia's fault that it was frozen (unless they shipped it in dry ice :D ), I would try calling FedEx. And if that doesn't get you anywhere, I would try calling Autopia as they probably have a FedEx account exec. that can handle the issue.

JetBlack330i
01-18-2005, 06:34 PM
But we haven't yet established that the goods are damaged... :dunno:

04.325ci
01-18-2005, 06:45 PM
But we haven't yet established that the goods are damaged... :dunno:

I wouldn't attempt to use it on my car. And also, it's not exactly cheap stuff. I'm no scientist but I would think that the liquid freezing would have a negative effect on its performance.

Artslinger
01-18-2005, 07:26 PM
They ship that stuff all year long it must freeze all the time during the northern US winter months. I say it would be okay to use, try emailing Autopia or Klasse and ask them.

ragskne
01-19-2005, 04:54 AM
I've called and emailed autopia, no reply as of yet. I was home when the FedEx delivery man showed up, so it wasn't sitting outside. If anyone else has experience with using it once it has thawed that would be greatly appreciated.

I wasn't aware that you had to specify to FedEx not to let your package freeze!

ragskne
01-19-2005, 06:14 PM
Just received an email from Autopia. They didn't answer my question concerning the product performance of the now thawed Klasse. They did however say they were going to send out another shipment. They are apparently taking precautions for those orders heading to cold climates. I'll have to use the thawed Klasse on my truck, and see how it holds up.

jonw440
01-27-2005, 06:38 PM
Just received an email from Autopia. They didn't answer my question concerning the product performance of the now thawed Klasse. They did however say they were going to send out another shipment. They are apparently taking precautions for those orders heading to cold climates. I'll have to use the thawed Klasse on my truck, and see how it holds up.
I just looked at both AIO and SG and it doesnt say "protect from freezing".
The only way to protect from freezing is to use 2-3 day priority. Fed ex takes to long.