PDA

View Full Version : Who is snowed in?

tim330i
01-24-2005, 04:12 PM
I was stuck until someone plowed the end of my drive way!

I don't think the BMW is going anywhere in the next few days, if not longer.

LarryN
01-24-2005, 06:07 PM
You're in Plymouth, iirc. We're doing OK, but got about the same amount as you did. It seems that Plymouth fell behind on keeping up with the snow, and now there are quite a few streets that need front end loaders to clear them now, with 3 feet and drifts of 5 feet in places. I saw a story on the 6 o'clock news about a family who spent 2 days shovelling the driveway, to an unplowed Plymouth street. Looked like Manomet to me.

Good luck! With more snow coming on Wednesday, I don't know where they will put that snow, if it's more than a few inches. The roads are still pretty bad, and my kids do not have school again tomorrow.

SARAFIL
01-24-2005, 07:17 PM
You're in Plymouth, iirc. We're doing OK, but got about the same amount as you did. It seems that Plymouth fell behind on keeping up with the snow, and now there are quite a few streets that need front end loaders to clear them now, with 3 feet and drifts of 5 feet in places. I saw a story on the 6 o'clock news about a family who spent 2 days shovelling the driveway, to an unplowed Plymouth street. Looked like Manomet to me.

Good luck! With more snow coming on Wednesday, I don't know where they will put that snow, if it's more than a few inches. The roads are still pretty bad, and my kids do not have school again tomorrow.

My boss lives in Mashpee, and when I spoke to him late this morning, he was still stranded at home digging out. He said that they had yet to come by and plow his street, so he had a pretty good amount of snow keeping him from getting out. :rofl:

At least he took home an X5 instead of a 545 sport like he did last time it snowed!

MMME30W
01-24-2005, 07:20 PM
... with 3 feet and drifts of 5 feet in places. .

:jawdrop:

tim330i
01-25-2005, 06:57 AM
3 feet and drifts of 5 feet in places.

Yep, the 5 foot drift was at the end of my driveway :)

The next road up from mine was 5' for over a block. They had the front end loader in on Sunday to clean it up.

tim330i
01-27-2005, 04:03 PM
Anyone else get more snow yesterday and today?

LarryN
01-27-2005, 04:18 PM
Anyone else get more snow yesterday and today?

Just watched the news (channel 5) where I was told that I got 9" of snow out of that storm.. Where do they get these figures from? I got rid of around 8" last night, and we probably have gotten another foot since last night. Ocean effect snow did a number on our area today.

No snow in the forecast though! :thumbup: