PDA

View Full Version : Hood Protector

12thBMW
01-25-2005, 07:52 AM
I got the dealer to throw in the clear nosemask material for free when I bought the X3; a friend and I installed it on his '01 325i...it wasn't rocket science, brain surgery, yes, but not rocket science. However its been too cold to put in on, and we just had an ice storm here in PDX Oregon...and the roads are still covered with gravel. So I installed the acrylic hood protector on the new X3. It took about an hour (I went slow!). Looks pretty nice. The instructions were just okay; a couple of things you have to intuit to get it to work (holding paper form in place--I folded the edges to match the hood and masking-taped the top to the to hood so they'd stay put-- and the clear bumpers--8" out from center, but only maybe two inches down from the top, not 5" as the instructions seem to suggest). Only problem is I don't know if I'm going to be able to get the clips you have to glue to your hood back off in order to put the clear mask on when it warms up...maybe I'll just put the clear mask everywhere else.