PDA

View Full Version : Pre-Purchase questions and loaners.

echelon153
01-25-2005, 08:44 PM
I am hoping to finalize a purchase within the next few days (crossing fingers) and wondering if anyone can answer a few questions that might help me make this process a little smoother.

First, is there anything I should be aware of, like a check list of things prior to taking delivery? For example,I've heard some features like the BMW Assist and Key Programming has to be done and scheduled after delivery. Can this be done before then?

I am also interested in installing Sirius. Any thoughts on BMW's pre-wiring options for this? Pretty straight forward?

Lastly, does your dealer or BMW in general provide loaners while the vehicle is in for service?

I am certainly looking forward to driving an X3 fairly soon, any feedback is greatly appreciated!

TIA! :D

b-y
01-25-2005, 10:39 PM
The PD Inspection and key coding forms are on the web. Most of the important PDI stuff isn't visible, so you can either ask the dealer for the check sheet or just trust them. If you plan on getting the factory alarm, I sugest doing the key coding and related stuff then--you'll have some idea of which options you want.

Loaner policy is up to the dealer. Ask at the service dept.

:dunno: I can't answer the satellite radio question. Look here and in other forums for many threads.

x3ronnie
01-26-2005, 06:43 AM
If you have the prewiring then it's pretty straightforward. My dealer is backordered on the sirius units. You might look around on the net at other dealers if need be.
BMW assist is something that yo need to "activate". A test call neeeds to made in the car, and you can do this on your own. They should give you some form with a userid etc, but the test call confirms evrything.

echelon153
01-27-2005, 04:42 PM
grazie! :thumbup: