PDA

View Full Version : Having some significant electronic issues

JakeInVa
01-25-2005, 09:34 PM
Ok, I've had my car for 6 days now.

On day one, the stereo stopped working - I could change stations, but no sound. I attributed it to a loose wire, since at times when I went over bumps I could hear the sound for a brief moment, then it would be gone.

I haven't driven it for two days (because of the dead radio), and today I went to start it but the battery was stone cold dead. No dim light, no light at all, nothing. I hadn't left any lights on or doors open.

Fortunately, I didn't trade in my other car, so I have transportation, but if I had done so I'd be pretty upset.

The car goes in for service on Friday. I'll post to let you all know what happens. Has anybody else had similar issues?

-Jake

BupBup
02-01-2005, 06:17 AM
Yes. My X3 has 1,600 miles and the electrics are going nuts. The airbag warning light is on, the horn doesn't work, nor do any other buttons on the steering wheel. The nav screen is black all of the time

One front speaker is blown out or has a loose wire

The key remote lock / unlock doesn't work 1/2 the tiime. BMW Service says this happens all the time "in cities"

JakeInVa
02-02-2005, 11:07 PM
After a few days in the shop, the service folks discovered that a chafed wire behind the stereo that was grounding the stereo and draining the battery as well. They fixed it, and it seems to be working fine, although unfortunately the car picked up a screw in a tire at the dealership, which will be fixed this weekend I hope...

--Jake

iChick
02-03-2005, 06:27 AM
Thanks for the update. Glad it was an "easy" fix. I took delivery of my new vehicle less than a week ago and was hoping not to duplicate your experience! :eeps: