PDA

View Full Version : Glass Cleaner that Repels Rain?

trikerider
01-27-2005, 08:23 AM
I was a passenger in a 5-series on my way to Chicago when it started to rain. The rain seemed to bounce off this guy's windshield - like he barely even needed windshield wipers. I asked the driver what he used on his windshield but this was maybe a year or so ago and I have since forgotten.

What do you guys use that might have the same effect?

Test_Engineer
01-27-2005, 08:32 AM
uhmmm...Rain-X

jonw440
01-27-2005, 06:29 PM
All glass that is clean will bead water.
No need to use rain x.

santiago
01-27-2005, 08:08 PM
I was a passenger in a 5-series on my way to Chicago when it started to rain. The rain seemed to bounce off this guy's windshield - like he barely even needed windshield wipers. I asked the driver what he used on his windshield but this was maybe a year or so ago and I have since forgotten.

Rain-X is amazing. On heavy downpours, rather than having a sheet of water that you keep trying to wipe away with your wipers, you end up with beads that flick away due to the car moving through the air.

F1Crazy
01-27-2005, 11:58 PM
Aquapel

Alex Baumann
01-28-2005, 05:11 AM
I've used Eagle One with great success. It holds quite long too.

JAWJr
01-30-2005, 05:34 PM
Does anyone think Klasse AIO will work well too? Call me crazy but it says you can apply it to glass as well. Anyone tried this before??

~Jon

FalconGuy
01-30-2005, 06:46 PM
Klasse is great on Glass I do it twice a year with my Porter Cable it really cleans everything like the bottle says.

I also use the eagle one IMO the best glass cleaner you can get for auto Glass

If you like the RainX try some aquapel, you can get it on Ebay it last a lot longer than RainX.

JAWJr
01-30-2005, 07:14 PM
Good to know, I'll try it. Thanks! :thumbup:

~Jon

F1Crazy
01-30-2005, 08:19 PM
Does anyone think Klasse AIO will work well too? Call me crazy but it says you can apply it to glass as well. Anyone tried this before??

~Jon
You can apply it to side and rear window but don't put it on your windshield, alcohol in your windshield washer fluid will start removing it and it will streak.

JAWJr
01-31-2005, 08:35 PM
alcohol in your windshield washer fluid will start removing it and it will streak.

Interesting... I'll try it on the sides first. Thanks

jetstream23
02-01-2005, 12:12 AM
Klasse AIO rules !!! I just used it for the first time and boy am I impressed. I washed my car on Saturday and ended up with lots of water spots on the windows and my Jet Black paint even though I did the best drying job I possibly could (washed in the shade, lots of rinsing, Sonus der Wunder drying towels, etc.). Still, with hard water in Arizona some spots were unavoidable. Well, after washing the car and seeing the spots on the windows I attacked with the glass cleaner I've used all my life...Windex! :p Windex certainly cleaned the windows and added a nice reflective shine to the glass....and to the water spots :mad:

On Sunday, I took a terry cloth applicator pad and hit the side windows and rear window with AIO...up and down, side to side, multiple strokes for about 45 seconds. I let it sit for another 15 or 30 seconds then buffed off with MF towels. Fantastic! Water spots are gone, window is clean, no haze at all....another satisfied Klasse customer. This stuff really is magic. I won't use it on the windshield but don't be shy with anything else including the side mirrors. Remember, it is a cleaner (de-oxidizer) AND an acrylic protectant/wax. There really isn't a more appropriate name than "All in One".

I've also applied it to my wheels as was recommended by Nick T. and others. This should help make brake dust removal easier. Pictures soon of my full AIO and SG x 2 results. :D

One week ago I was a Klasse newbie. Now I feel like an expert (I'm not) because of the results I've gotten and how easy it was to use.

hal9000
02-03-2005, 09:59 PM
Klasse, Zaino, Rain-X, Aquapel or Showershield should all work.

stream
02-13-2005, 09:27 AM

I use Rejex on my windshield. It's very slick and does a great job of minimizing bug splats.
also works great at minimizing brake dust on wheels, and yellowing of exhaust tips:

http://www.corrosionx.com/rejex.html

Artslinger
02-14-2005, 06:32 AM
I think I remember reading on the AIO bottle that the product is not recommended for use on the windshield. I use AIO on everything on the exterior of the car except the windshield and anything made out of rubber.

TeamM3
02-19-2005, 12:14 PM
the best stuff I've ever used for glass treament is no longer made, it was called "The Blade" by STP. Unlike RainX etc. once applied it lasts for 6 months. I managed to buy a case of 24 old stock on eBay about a year ago. It's a plastic handle with a felt wiping surface with the treatment contained inside in a sealed glass ampule so it never goes bad. Once you break the ampule you have to use it in it's entirety, there's enough to do all the glass on two std size vehicles.

F1Crazy
02-19-2005, 03:09 PM
the best stuff I've ever used for glass treament is no longer made, it was called "The Blade" by STP. Unlike RainX etc. once applied it lasts for 6 months. I managed to buy a case of 24 old stock on eBay about a year ago. It's a plastic handle with a felt wiping surface with the treatment contained inside in a sealed glass ampule so it never goes bad. Once you break the ampule you have to use it in it's entirety, there's enough to do all the glass on two std size vehicles.
It was made by PPG for STP and it is marketed now as Aquapel. You can buy it at various online places, even TireRack has it: http://www.tirerack.com/accessories/aquapel/aquapel.jsp

I think they stopped selling the STP version because of safety concerns with applicators.

TeamM3
02-19-2005, 04:26 PM
I had never heard of the link between the two before, I paid a lot less than that for the STP case, though it originally was up there too, I always thought the cost is what kept it from becoming popular, more often than not people are cheap even when the value justifies the price