PDA

View Full Version : Questions for those with Sand interior

Spy021
01-30-2005, 08:48 AM
So I picked up my new 330ci yesterday and can't stop smiling every time I see it. I think that the Jet Black/Sand combo looks so classy. However, I am getting a bit of a complex thinking about how hard it will be to maintain the interior (I know the exterior is a PITA, but looks unbelievable when done right).

So Id like to get some feedback from other owners who have the Sand interior on their ride. Have you found it particularly difficult to keep the carpet/seats clean and free of marks, stains, and color transfer from jeans, etc?

Thanks!

e36M3r
01-30-2005, 09:04 AM
Hi, congrats, sounds beautiful. This is a bit off but I have a grey interior in my e36M3, since 1997 and its been no problem at all, and Sand is actually a bit darker, so I doubt you will have any problems. I think the Jet Black will be much more time consuming. Good luck. :thumbup:

So I picked up my new 330ci yesterday and can't stop smiling every time I see it. I think that the Jet Black/Sand combo looks so classy. However, I am getting a bit of a complex thinking about how hard it will be to maintain the interior (I know the exterior is a PITA, but looks unbelievable when done right).

So Id like to get some feedback from other owners who have the Sand interior on their ride. Have you found it particularly difficult to keep the carpet/seats clean and free of marks, stains, and color transfer from jeans, etc?

Thanks!

330ciPfmcePkg05
01-30-2005, 09:33 AM
hey i just got rid of an 04' 325xi mystic blue with sand interior...the sand looks good...can get a little dirty but if maintained well, it looks great.

AndDown
01-30-2005, 09:40 AM

Thanks!

Just make sure your "new" jeans have been washed several times or the color will transfer onto the side bolster. I have the sand leatherette and find that Lexol's Vinylex does a good job. For the carpets, regular spot cleaning with a carpet cleaner (Nature's Miracle works for me) and then steam cleaning when I rent the steam cleaner to do some of the more traffic prone areas in my house. I'm also very careful about where I walk on the parking lot, trying to avoid oil and fluid drips on the ground ("don't walk on the oil").

Alex Baumann
01-30-2005, 10:21 AM
Read this somewhat funny thread below about blue jeans, leather belts and stains on light colored interiors :eek:

http://www.bimmerfest.com/forums/showthread.php?t=31327

James
01-30-2005, 10:46 AM
Grats again on the new car! I too have the Black/Sand combo and it isn't that bad at all. One thing I found though is people getting in and out of the car with black bottom shoes. I have some black scuffs that I am hoping won't be too hard to remove.

Grats again, a really classy color combo.

James.

EdCT
01-30-2005, 08:12 PM
Here's mine after four years and forty thousand miles.

I think it looks just great!

Spy021
01-30-2005, 08:20 PM
Wow, that looks really great! Guess I can breathe a bit easier. Thanks!

EdCT
01-30-2005, 08:41 PM
Wow, that looks really great! Guess I can breathe a bit easier. Thanks!

Yes, and I do nothing special, just the usual level of care, BMW's are made of tough stuff.

I love this car, still :thumbup:

Ed

jetstream23
01-30-2005, 11:38 PM
I went with the Natural Brown to get the two-tone effect of black and tan/brown. The leather is a little darker than the Sand but I like the black console, armrest, carpet, etc. In any case, I think both colors are great interiors for black cars. Pics of my interior in the thread below.

http://www.bimmerfest.com/forums/showthread.php?p=1057289#post1057289

Spy021
02-10-2005, 09:06 PM
I really dig the Natural Browninterior... The dealer had a black 325ci with the Natural Brown interior, which happened to be the first car I test drove. Unfortunately, he didn't have it in a 330ci model and I was afraid I'd miss out on a good deal waiting until Feb. That plus I also wanted the Xenon's, which the 325ci didn't have - so I opted for the 330ci with Sand and the Xenon's. I do like the Sand interior, as I think it is very elegant, but the Natural brown really is fabulous.

Mark_325i
02-11-2005, 06:22 AM
I have an '03 e46 steel blue with sand leather. No problem keeping it clean. I wipe it down periodically with Griots cleaner and use Griots leather care 2 or 3 times a year. I had the dealer swap the sand floor mats with black ones -- I don't think there is any way to keep those light color mats looking clean. The blacks look good and I just shake them out.

Spy021
02-12-2005, 10:01 AM
I have an '03 e46 steel blue with sand leather. No problem keeping it clean. I wipe it down periodically with Griots cleaner and use Griots leather care 2 or 3 times a year. I had the dealer swap the sand floor mats with black ones -- I don't think there is any way to keep those light color mats looking clean. The blacks look good and I just shake them out.

You wouldn't by chance have a few pictures of the interior with the black floor mats and the Sand interior?

EdCT
02-12-2005, 10:05 AM
You wouldn't by chance have a few pictures of the interior with the black floor mats and the Sand interior?

You can look at mine in post #8.

Ed