PDA

View Full Version : scotchguard for carpet & mats?

Spy021
01-30-2005, 12:31 PM
I'm wanting to be as proactive as possible in keeping my new 330ci as easy to clean as possible. Unfortunately, I do not have the luxury of a garage - yet I still choose to have a black car (perhaps I'm a glutton for punishment?) :dunno:

Anyhow, I was wondering if is is advisable to treat the floor mats and carpeted areas of the vehicle with some sort of scotchguard spray? Given the fact that the interior is very light, I thoght this might be a good idea to do before all of my friends decide to pile in my car because it's so COOL.. :D

Also, would there be a similar treatment that I could preform on the leather seats?

I've search through the detail forum and seen quite a bit of information regarding conditioners and such, but didn't find anything in the way of products to apply to prevent stains.

As always, any advice is appreciated!

Alex Baumann
01-30-2005, 01:59 PM
Easiest and cheapest solution, get rubber floor mats. :)

I have them in both of my cars, the original carpets are like new.

Spy021
01-30-2005, 08:53 PM
Easiest and cheapest solution, get rubber floor mats. :)

I have them in both of my cars, the original carpets are like new.

I thought about possibly getting the rubber mats, even though I have the color matched carpeted mats. However, I don't know that I would like the look - but I'll look into it.

xspeedy
01-30-2005, 08:55 PM
You'll have to compromise on the looks to keep your car neat. Having rubber mats will look much nicer than having soiled carpet mats.