PDA

View Full Version : Voice Control?

x3man
02-03-2005, 09:19 PM
There is mention of voice control in the manual -- presumably for the phone or nav. It is activated by pressing and holding a button on the steering wheel. I can't seem to find any documentation for it. Does this work? If so, where is it documented?

fill007
02-04-2005, 09:13 AM
Good luck on finding documentaion. BMW sucks at that part.

Anyways, I beleave the voice activation is for the phone, if your bluetooth phone has the feature. But I had to setup some voice names before I can try. I'm in such a hurry everytime I get into the car I forget to test. If someone here has a bluetooth phone connected to the X3, you could press and hold down the phone button and say the contacts name. Lets us know if it works.

x3man
02-11-2005, 07:37 AM
Good luck on finding documentaion. BMW sucks at that part.

Anyways, I beleave the voice activation is for the phone, if your bluetooth phone has the feature. But I had to setup some voice names before I can try. I'm in such a hurry everytime I get into the car I forget to test. If someone here has a bluetooth phone connected to the X3, you could press and hold down the phone button and say the contacts name. Lets us know if it works.

I read that there is a voice control module for the X5. It allows voice control of the nav and the phone. Do you think this can be installed in an X3??