PDA

View Full Version : Klasse Update

Desertnate
02-07-2005, 12:00 PM
Back in late July/early August I hit our Toyota with a coat of AIO and two coats of SG. At the same time I hit my beloved BMW with a three coats of Blitz Wax (Carnuba) to do a side to side test.

This weekend some warm weather provided an opportunity to de-salt the two and give both a good bath. The differences in protection was noticable. The wax is just about done. I sould be able to make it until March when the weather improves, but VERY little protection will still exist. The Klasse however has done VERY well. Water still beads up in the rain. Granted, the beading action isn't as good as when first applied, but the surface still feels slick, and the water does still bead up. I will have no problems going until March.

Based on my tests, I have been very happy with the Klasse. Not only does it make the vehicle look great, but it wears like iron. I don't know if it will give the show car shine like some waxes, but for the average user I once again give it a big :thumbup:

Artslinger
02-07-2005, 01:17 PM
:thumbup: to the AIO.

Carnuba wax only lasts 3-6 weeks depending on the weather.

jetstream23
02-07-2005, 01:17 PM
Back in late July/early August I hit our Toyota with a coat of AIO and two coats of SG. At the same time I hit my beloved BMW with a three coats of Blitz Wax (Carnuba) to do a side to side test.

This weekend some warm weather provided an opportunity to de-salt the two and give both a good bath. The differences in protection was noticable. The wax is just about done. I sould be able to make it until March when the weather improves, but VERY little protection will still exist. The Klasse however has done VERY well. Water still beads up in the rain. Granted, the beading action isn't as good as when first applied, but the surface still feels slick, and the water does still bead up. I will have no problems going until March.

Based on my tests, I have been very happy with the Klasse. Not only does it make the vehicle look great, but it wears like iron. I don't know if it will give the show car shine like some waxes, but for the average user I once again give it a big :thumbup:

Right, you may not get the same shine as a great wax but you get a very good shine especially after two coats of SG and you get the protection of AIO. Many people say to put a layer of wax on after you've done your AIO and SG treatment. Popular carnauba based waxes for putting on top of Klasse include P21S and Pinnacle Souveran. The results can be simply amazing.

Desertnate
02-07-2005, 01:22 PM
Many people say to put a layer of wax on after you've done your AIO and SG treatment. Popular carnauba based waxes for putting on top of Klasse include P21S and Pinnacle Souveran. The results can be simply amazing.

I've heard that too, but after using so much time to do our two vehicles, I can't image the "General" giving me more time to add a coat of wax. :D

PropellerHead
02-07-2005, 03:25 PM
I've heard that too, but after using so much time to do our two vehicles, I can't image the "General" giving me more time to add a coat of wax. :DThree coats of SG and two of P21S... :eeps:

I think she figures that I *could* have more destructive obsessions.

jetstream23
02-08-2005, 02:23 PM
Three coats of SG and two of P21S... :eeps:

I think she figures that I *could* have more destructive obsessions.

Me: "Honey, should I go to a sports bar with the guys today? We may also head over to Christie's Cabaret since its Mike's birthday and he loves strippers"

Wife: "How about you go spend another $100 at Autopia and stay in the garage for 4 more hours?"

Me: "Fair enough"

ktc
02-08-2005, 03:11 PM
Wife: "How about you go spend another $100 at Autopia and stay in the garage for 4 more hours?"
:thumbup: In the equipment-lusting world of audiophile/high-end audio world, we say, "Better high-fidelity than infidelity."

PropellerHead
02-08-2005, 03:25 PM
:thumbup: In the equipment-lusting world of audiophile/high-end audio world, we say, "Better high-fidelity than infidelity."BAHAHHAHAH...

Sorta like.. "Better waxin that bimmer than waxin that a$$!"

PropellerHead
02-08-2005, 03:27 PM
Me: "Honey, should I go to a sports bar with the guys today? We may also head over to Christie's Cabaret since its Mike's birthday and he loves strippers"

Me: "Fair enough"COMPLETELY read my mind...

You know the really odd thing.. I may be at the point that I PREFER spending the $100 at Autopia and the time on the car. :confused:

sorianoa
03-06-2005, 09:25 PM
This is scary.

I had that same conversation with my wife today....and last night.