PDA

View Full Version : NorCal Caravan Thread

scottn2retro
02-08-2005, 12:11 PM
Hi All -

Who from Norcal is coming down in a caravan? Any Golden Gate Chapter members?

StevzZ3
02-08-2005, 12:34 PM
I might be this year, no reason to stop in SLO any more like the other times.
What's up?
Steve

scottn2retro
02-08-2005, 01:06 PM
I might be this year, no reason to stop in SLO any more like the other times.
What's up?
Steve

May have a special guest party that is considering being in the caravan that is asking who in the Golden Gate Chapter will be in it.

Spectre
02-08-2005, 02:38 PM
I'm expecting there will be a NorCal caravan forming up in Pleasanton and Gilroy again as was done last year. So there should be plenty of GGC members caravaning down on Friday.

Keith
02-08-2005, 02:53 PM
Hi All -

Who from Norcal is coming down in a caravan? Any Golden Gate Chapter members?

Hi Scott, Peter is correct, I'm putting this together again this year and yes, I am a GGC Member.

See this post for intinerary: http://www.bimmerfest.com/forums/showthread.php?t=84150&page=4

Email me and let me know what's up, we sould have over 50 cars caravaning down again this year. :thumbup:

scottn2retro
02-08-2005, 03:53 PM
You mean this info: :)

Bimmerfest is upon us again for it's 6th year

Bay Bimmerz Caravan times and meeting spots!

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Bay Bimmerz Bimmerfest Caravan!
When: Saturday, April 23 2005

Join the Bay Bimmerz caravan to Bimmerfest '05 in Santa Barbara.

This year it's back at the dealership, not Cutter, but the same site, now BMW of Santa Babara.

For complete details, go to their official web site Bimmerfest, http://www.bimmerfest.com/index.php
They will soon have pre-registration, so be on the look out for that.

Bimmerfest is the largest Bimmer event in California (if not the world) and features everything from 2002's all the way up to the 760il. There will be a lot of vendor's there to show off their latest and greatest toys for your car.

I (Keith) will be heading up the East Bay Caravan to Gilroy, you can RSVP Keith at keller235@comcast.net to let him know which location you will meet up at and if you have any questions.
Please RSVP your forum name used, your "real name", year, color and model of car

There will be ONE other stop along the way (just like past years) at the In&Out in Atescadero, you know restroom break, food and gas for those that need it.

"East Bay Meeting Spot"

Meeting at Nordstrom's Friday April 22nd @ Stoneridge Mall in Pleasanton at 6:00am
Depart Nordstrom's at 6:30am SHARP!

Nordstrom's-1600 Stoneridge Mall Rd.-Pleasanton 94588

Everyone else arrive in Gilroy/In&Out approximately at 7:30am

In and Out Burger
641 Leavesley Rd.
Gilroy, CA 95020

Depart Gilroy at 8:30am SHARP and head out for
Santa Barbara.

We will be coming back to the Bay Area on Hwy 1, not 101 on Sunday the 24th around noon.

Most of us have booked rooms at The Ramada Limited : http://www.santabarbararamada.com/hotelhome/

Ramada Limited Santa Barbara
4770 Calle Real
Santa Barbara, CA 93110
Phone: (805) 964-3511

BMW of Santa Barbara http://www.sbautogroup.com/en_US/f_HomePage_1.chtml
402 S Hope Ave
Santa Barbara, CA 93105
(805) 682-2000

Everyone please bring your 2 way radios and your V1's, Passport's, Bell's, whatever and make this a safe trip.

So hurry up, schedule days off work and get your hotel reservations! (very important)

Thank you,

Bay Bimmerz Crew

Kurt Martin
02-09-2005, 10:58 PM
May have a special guest party that is considering being in the caravan that is asking who in the Golden Gate Chapter will be in it.
Does this special guest need a ride to Santa Barbara in an M coupe? I've got a roomie, but no co-pilot :)
Kurt - BMW CCA Golden Gate Chapter

scottn2retro
02-10-2005, 07:40 AM
Does this special guest need a ride to Santa Barbara in an M coupe? I've got a roomie, but no co-pilot :)
Kurt - BMW CCA Golden Gate Chapter

Not sure yet on whether the guest would need a ride or have their own vehicle. More to come. :)

e28jay
02-10-2005, 02:50 PM
The evite has been sent for the Bimmerfest Caravan! If you did not receive it please email baybimmerz@hotmail.com or post your email address here.

RKT BMR
02-13-2005, 11:56 AM
May have a special guest party that is considering being in the caravan that is asking who in the Golden Gate Chapter will be in it.I'm GG and will be there, and so is Kurt. I expect there are probably another half dozen to dozen other Bay Bimmerz caravaners that are BMWCCA members as well. :dunno:

Cliff
02-13-2005, 12:13 PM
I'm GG and will be there, and so is Kurt. I expect there are probably another half dozen to dozen other Bay Bimmerz caravaners that are BMWCCA members as well. :dunno:
I haven't been active lately, but I'm another member.

jrloM3
02-16-2005, 10:20 AM
Hi, I'm new to the GGC, and I'll be hooking up with the BayBimmerz caravan in Pleasanton. This'll be my first Bimmerfest... DAMN is it April yet? :thumbup:

SpeedinBlueBima
02-22-2005, 03:06 AM
Oh man, Gilroy by 7:30a. Anyone from San Fran meeting up to drive there together? I might not be able to make it, Saturday is Passover.

KrisL
02-22-2005, 10:35 AM
I'll be leaving for SB on Friday morning, 9-10am? I'm in San Jose near 880/101 interchange. I don't like caravanning with large groups, so I won't be w/ BayBimmerz. If a few others would like to join me, you're welcome to.

I usually cruise safely in regard to the flow of traffic (75-85mph), am respectful about staying out of the passing lane, carry a V1, etc. Looking for similarly mannered drivers. :)

Keith
02-22-2005, 04:56 PM
I'll be leaving for SB on Friday morning, 9-10am? I'm in San Jose near 880/101 interchange. I don't like caravanning with large groups, so I won't be w/ BayBimmerz. If a few others would like to join me, you're welcome to.

I usually cruise safely in regard to the flow of traffic (75-85mph), am respectful about staying out of the passing lane, carry a V1, etc. Looking for similarly mannered drivers. :)

KrisL, just curious, have you ever caravaned with the Bay Bimmerz Caravan in the past?

KrisL
02-22-2005, 06:00 PM
KrisL, just curious, have you ever caravaned with the Bay Bimmerz Caravan in the past?

No.

ast
02-22-2005, 09:45 PM
sorry for sounding dumb. My BMW order won't be here until early May according to my dealer, is it ok I join you guys in a Toyota Corolla or should I just wait for next year's event?

from Peninsula.

Thrasherlife
02-22-2005, 09:46 PM
No.
speaking from past experience, the Bay Bimmerz caravans are quite docile. The people who want to go fast go ahead and wait for those who don't care to. In the two years I've done the bimmerfest caravan I've never seen a problem :dunno:

RKT BMR
02-24-2005, 02:33 PM
speaking from past experience, the Bay Bimmerz caravans are quite docile. The people who want to go fast go ahead and wait for those who don't care to. In the two years I've done the bimmerfest caravan I've never seen a problem :dunno:I'd characterize it a bit differently...

The Bay Bimmerz caravan is mature and responsible. While we do have some fun on the way down, exceed the posted speed limit here and there (indeed, most of the way down :D ), nothing so absolutely reckless and death-wish-like as that 140mph garbage in the slow lane posted by a certain controversial contibutor in another thread in this forum is ever a part of our run. We sensibly mix fun, thrill, and safety, and tickets on our run down and back are few (if any).

Yet, everyone seems to have a smashing time. It's not about risk -- it's about the people and the cars.

Kurt Martin
02-24-2005, 03:03 PM
sorry for sounding dumb. My BMW order won't be here until early May according to my dealer, is it ok I join you guys in a Toyota Corolla or should I just wait for next year's event?

from Peninsula.
I'm not sure about the Corolla, but you don't want to miss Bimmerfest for even one year. Can you find someone in the caravan to ride with?

Spectre
02-24-2005, 06:12 PM

from Peninsula.The first year I went down, I drove down in my Chevrolet Lumina ( :eeps: ). Didn't take part in the caravan, but I did enjoy the event. It helped to make the wait for my car (ED order) pass more quickly. Of course you're welcome at Bimmerfest. :thumbup:

ast
02-24-2005, 07:59 PM
I'm not sure about the Corolla, but you don't want to miss Bimmerfest for even one year. Can you find someone in the caravan to ride with?

alas! guess corolla is out of question. Have to go with wife so carpooling is not optimal. See you guys next year !!!

Thrasherlife
02-24-2005, 09:09 PM
alas! guess corolla is out of question. Have to go with wife so carpooling is not optimal. See you guys next year !!!
someone drove w/ us in a moostang last year...why should a carolla be any different? You shouldn't miss out just because your car won't be here until May. The other option is the train....but let me tell you from experience...it takes ALL Day!

Keith
02-25-2005, 03:22 AM

Why is it out of the question, like Jason said, a Moostang cruised with us last year, or was it the year before.
At any rate, you need to see what this is all about, you won't be disappointed.

Kurt Martin
02-25-2005, 07:47 AM
I didn't mean to imply that you shouldn't bring the corolla with the caravan. I just meant that I'm not the one making decisions! By all means, bring the corolla if that's the only transportation available. Like the others here have said, you don't want to miss bimmerfest. Attending will just make the anticipation for your new BMW that much greater! :thumbup:

7upNorth
02-25-2005, 10:19 AM
Why is it out of the question, like Jason said, a Moostang cruised with us last year, or was it the year before.
At any rate, you need to see what this is all about, you won't be disappointed.

Bimmerfest is about the people NOT the cars!!!!! The cars are just the vehicles (sorry for the pun) for the event. :D You WILL have a GREAT time no matter what drive, fly, or walk in. Don't miss this event. My friends up here & I are driving 2300 miles for this thing. It's worth it! Besides, running with the Bay Bimmerz effectively turns a one-day event into a three-day two-night blast :thumbup:

Viv
02-25-2005, 01:53 PM
We belong to Sacramento's CCA and we'll be attending B'Fest for the first time. It sounds like fun! :thumbup:

Keith
02-25-2005, 06:19 PM
We belong to Sacramento's CCA and we'll be attending B'Fest for the first time. It sounds like fun! :thumbup:

Hi Viv, there's somebody here that's inquiring about a caravan from Sacto, can I send him your way (email)?

Let me know if it's okay?

Viv
02-25-2005, 07:38 PM
Hi Viv, there's somebody here that's inquiring about a caravan from Sacto, can I send him your way (email)?

Let me know if it's okay?

Sure. We'll need to meet up around 4 AM. The place will be decided once I know who all wants to meet and drive down together. :thumbup:

ast
02-26-2005, 12:26 AM
someone drove w/ us in a moostang last year...why should a carolla be any different? You shouldn't miss out just because your car won't be here until May. The other option is the train....but let me tell you from experience...it takes ALL Day!

:rofl:

it will be super nice if my car can get here before 4/23 so I can use the trip for break in as well :) We'll see. maybe by some miracle my car can be done before schedule! if so I will meet you guys in Pleasanton!

Thanks!

m34ever
02-26-2005, 01:04 PM
hahahaha, hopefully ill be driving a 540 this year, i felt bad bringing the moosestang along but everyone was cool about it and damn it was a fun drive down.

Thrasherlife
02-26-2005, 07:31 PM

it will be super nice if my car can get here before 4/23 so I can use the trip for break in as well :) We'll see. maybe by some miracle my car can be done before schedule! if so I will meet you guys in Pleasanton!

Thanks!

You should really plan on going if you can...don't worry about not having a BMW. Its an amazing event and if you don't go this year you'll regret it :p ...Trust me.

Kaisake
02-28-2005, 01:18 AM
Present! I hope to attend this year. :thumbup:

Bmwcat
02-28-2005, 04:58 PM
Sure. We'll need to meet up around 4 AM. The place will be decided once I know who all wants to meet and drive down together. :thumbup:

I usually get up about noon. See you there, Viv! :thumbup:

veloce012589
03-01-2005, 07:26 PM
I'd characterize it a bit differently...

The Bay Bimmerz caravan is mature and responsible. While we do have some fun on the way down, exceed the posted speed limit here and there (indeed, most of the way down :D ), nothing so absolutely reckless and death-wish-like as that 140mph garbage in the slow lane posted by a certain controversial contibutor in another thread in this forum is ever a part of our run. We sensibly mix fun, thrill, and safety, and tickets on our run down and back are few (if any).

Yet, everyone seems to have a smashing time. It's not about risk -- it's about the people and the cars.

Hey, My name is Peter and I am a new owner of a 1995 BMW M3 and would like to go on the caravan,but I am not a member of the BMW CCA GGC yet, is that ok?

Keith
03-01-2005, 07:43 PM
Hey, My name is Peter and I am a new owner of a 1995 BMW M3 and would like to go on the caravan,but I am not a member of the BMW CCA GGC yet, is that ok?

Peter, PM me your email address and I'll send you an "official" Evite. :thumbup:

KrisL
03-01-2005, 08:47 PM

BayBimmerz is not affiliated with the CCA.

Ågent99
03-02-2005, 05:48 PM
Hmm, maybe I'll go again...haven't been for 2 years now, I think!

Keith
03-02-2005, 06:05 PM
Hmm, maybe I'll go again...haven't been for 2 years now, I think!

:thumbup:

Viv
03-02-2005, 07:00 PM
I usually get up about noon. See you there, Viv! :thumbup:
Sounds good. See you there. :thumbs:

Bmwcat
03-03-2005, 02:34 PM
Sounds good. See you there. :thumbs:

SWEET ride, Viv!

Viv
03-04-2005, 11:20 PM
SWEET ride, Viv!
Thanks! :)

Wildkarde
03-05-2005, 06:07 PM
See you all in Pleasanton! This will be my first Bimmerfest, and I look forward to meeting everyone and seeing all the beautiful automobiles!

Cya in April! ;)
-Eric

Brad323i
03-07-2005, 04:44 PM

From Sac also. I was planning on driving to Pleasanton and going from there. What is the rest of the Sac cew doing? I think they were going down on their own. I really enjoyed the BayBimmerz crew last year and going down with them this time.

Keith
03-07-2005, 06:54 PM
From Sac also. I was planning on driving to Pleasanton and going from there. What is the rest of the Sac cew doing? I think they were going down on their own. I really enjoyed the BayBimmerz crew last year and going down with them this time.

:thumbup: Cool Brad, c'mon down, glad to have ya again.
PM me your email address and I'll send you the OFFICIAL Evite.
Get with Viv and get something set up, she can get it together for the Sac to P-Town caravan. :thumbup:
RIGHT VIV. :D

scott41258
03-16-2005, 10:51 PM

I am going to try to be there in time to join you. I am in Redding so I will have to leave around 05:00. One thing, whats a V-1
Scott

KrisL
03-17-2005, 12:32 AM
I am going to try to be there in time to join you. I am in Redding so I will have to leave around 05:00. One thing, whats a V-1
Scott

Valentine-1.. radar detector.

If you're coming from redding... I can give you directions directly to my place.. PM me.

Viv
03-17-2005, 10:26 PM
:thumbup: Cool Brad, c'mon down, glad to have ya again.
PM me your email address and I'll send you the OFFICIAL Evite.
Get with Viv and get something set up, she can get it together for the Sac to P-Town caravan. :thumbup:
RIGHT VIV. :D

Sounds good. The Sac area people can meet up an drive down together. More later when it gets closer to the date. :thumbup:

ast
03-29-2005, 06:14 PM

Thanks!
just called the dealer, my car will be ready before 4/20!!!! :) I am joining you guys....

looks like will meet you in Gilory @In and Out Burger place at 7:30am.

Keith
03-29-2005, 08:25 PM
just called the dealer, my car will be ready before 4/20!!!! :) I am joining you guys....

looks like will meet you in Gilory @In and Out Burger place at 7:30am.

:thumbup: Great, sent your Evite, so get your room ASAP!

ast
03-29-2005, 11:11 PM
:thumbup: Great, sent your Evite, so get your room ASAP!
Thanks Keith! done with the eVite.

Just booked at Radisson Hotel for one night. Sorry I have arrangement on Sunday so have to come back on Sat night.

tauremini
03-30-2005, 12:58 PM
Sorry all, I will not be able to join the Nor Cal Caravan. My schedule is to tight around those dates and the other cars riding with me will not be able to make the 4AM launch time either. We will probably leave between 8-10AM and head straight down. So depending on which way you go and your stops, I'll either catch up or follow close behind. See you all there. BTW, if anyone else in or around Sac needs to leave later and wants to join, let me know.

scott41258
03-30-2005, 07:58 PM
Sorry all, I will not be able to join the Nor Cal Caravan. My schedule is to tight around those dates and the other cars riding with me will not be able to make the 4AM launch time either. We will probably leave between 8-10AM and head straight down. So depending on which way you go and your stops, I'll either catch up or follow close behind. See you all there. BTW, if anyone else in or around Sac needs to leave later and wants to join, let me know.

I will try to hook up with you. I am leaving from Redding early in the AM and i will run with you all. Where in Sacto are you meeting with any other drivers and what time?

sailwind
03-31-2005, 07:41 PM
Is there a particular reason why these things are soooo early? I mean, it's really not that bad to go at 10am and arrive there at 3pm is it?
:dunno:

Getting up so early a day before the event is probably my biggest barrier.

Thrasherlife
03-31-2005, 10:19 PM
many of us like to leave early so we can wash our cars once we get down there

Spectre
04-01-2005, 02:01 PM
And after we wash our cars, it's great to get together for dinner with fellow enthusiasts.

Keith
04-01-2005, 03:31 PM
And after we wash our cars, it's great to get together for dinner with fellow enthusiasts.

Thank you Peter, NOW THAT'S what I'm talking about! :thumbup: :D

Viv
04-01-2005, 04:16 PM
Thank you Peter, NOW THAT'S what I'm talking about! :thumbup: :D
Are we eating at the Elephant Bar on Friday or Sat. night? You're making reservations, right? :beerchug:

Cliff
04-01-2005, 04:23 PM
E-Bar's on Friday night, the Mexican place is on Saturday night, and I think a few of us are going to talk about reservations and the like while we loosely supervise Keith as he goes over his car with a PC-ROB tomorrow. :)

tauremini
04-02-2005, 09:03 PM
I will try to hook up with you. I am leaving from Redding early in the AM and i will run with you all. Where in Sacto are you meeting with any other drivers and what time?

Not sure yet. I will post up once we figure out a good spot to meet. We want to get some breakfast before we head out, so we will pick a spot close to the highway where you can join us. Probably meet leave by 9 or 10 me thinks.

RKT BMR
04-04-2005, 02:38 PM
E-Bar's on Friday night, the Mexican place is on Saturday night, and I think a few of us are going to talk about reservations and the like while we loosely supervise Keith as he goes over his car with a PC-ROB tomorrow. :)Well, Keith misread the instructions over in the detailing forum and though you were supposed to use 80-grit sanding disks on the PCROB for polishing. Ground all the body panels completely off his 540... all that's left is the unibody, windows, and a huge pile of metal and fiberglass dust.

TomDac
04-05-2005, 10:37 PM
New to Bimmerfest and want to join the caravan on Friday with a buddy who is also into BMWs. He's had an M roadster, 2001 M3 and currently has a 745i and an X5 4.8 and a BMW motorcycle. I think we'll be coming in my 2004 M3 Cab....

Looking forward to it!

TomDac

Keith
04-06-2005, 04:57 PM
New to Bimmerfest and want to join the caravan on Friday with a buddy who is also into BMWs. He's had an M roadster, 2001 M3 and currently has a 745i and an X5 4.8 and a BMW motorcycle. I think we'll be coming in my 2004 M3 Cab....

Looking forward to it!

TomDac

TomDac, check your PM. :thumbup:

Bmwcat
04-06-2005, 06:23 PM
We're leaving Sac-Town noonish Friday, taking I-5 to Bfest. I'll also be equipped with Ham radio VHF/UHF, just drop me a PM if anyone can hook up over radio. (Probably no takers on that!) See you at Bimfest! :clap:

mystic_M3
04-07-2005, 11:38 PM
I got it the first tiime.

georgegrace[AT]comcast.net

I hope I can make it with you guys. My three year old sone who loves bimmers is coming along.

Thanks. George

Bmwcat
04-09-2005, 01:20 PM
Oh man, Gilroy by 7:30a. Anyone from San Fran meeting up to drive there together? I might not be able to make it, Saturday is Passover.

I noticed that, also. May God not strike me down for skipping an important holiday.
:amish:

Kurt Martin
04-09-2005, 10:37 PM
So Scott, you never followed up and verified who the special guest is going to be. Were you referring to Satch Carlson? Bill Auberlin? Boris Said? :dunno:

Enquiring minds want to know :D

Two weeks and counting!

Kurt

s4play
04-11-2005, 01:18 PM
I will be there as usual - 4th year in a row with your norcal and socal EURORPOJEKTZ team :)

See ya all there!

rick

scottn2retro
04-11-2005, 01:44 PM
So Scott, you never followed up and verified who the special guest is going to be. Were you referring to Satch Carlson? Bill Auberlin? Boris Said? :dunno:

Enquiring minds want to know :D

Two weeks and counting!

Kurt

I can't promise anything (things can always change last minute), but don't be shocked if Satch and maybe a couple of Dinan cars want to tag along :D (and dare I say it, but maybe even Steve D. himself :eeps: )

You may even get a Ten Motorsports trailer with their Daytona Prototype car inside :yikes:

stinson
04-11-2005, 02:26 PM
Hey guys.

I just got my new car last week and am soo happy!

I've been reading through a lot of the previous posts learning all I can. And now that I’ve read all about Bimmerfest; I'm definitely in! Unfortunately I can’t caravan down with all of you early on Friday, but look forward to meeting you all down at Bimmerfest. I can't think of a better way to spend my birthday weekend!

Maybe the birthday will give me some extra luck when it comes to the raffle :rofl: :rofl:

-J

Spectre
04-11-2005, 08:20 PM
Stinson, congrats on the new car and an early happy birthday. Just buy plenty of raffle tickets and I'm sure you'll do pretty well! Sorry you can't join us early Friday for the caravan. All I can say that it's a heck of a lot of fun.

scottEdog
04-12-2005, 07:29 PM
Hi-

I am new to Bimmerfest and really want to go. Can I follow you all?
I have fell in love with BMW about 5 years ago when I bought my first 3 series.
I now drive a sterling 03 M3 coupé. Let me know the details. I also am interested in joining a club or 2 here in sacramento--If any one can chime in with a little info that would be great.

Best,

Scott

Keith
04-12-2005, 07:48 PM
Hi-

I am new to Bimmerfest and really want to go. Can I follow you all?
I have fell in love with BMW about 5 years ago when I bought my first 3 series.
I now drive a sterling 03 M3 coupé. Let me know the details. I also am interested in joining a club or 2 here in sacramento--If any one can chime in with a little info that would be great.

Best,

Scott

Scott, I'm PM'ing you now.

scottEdog
04-12-2005, 08:04 PM
Thanks Keith-I will look for it.

scottEdog
04-12-2005, 08:39 PM
for some reason or other I never got your PM.

Keith
04-12-2005, 09:23 PM
for some reason or other I never got your PM.

Sorry Scott, it's there now.

paulg
04-13-2005, 07:16 PM
Hi,

1) Would anyone be willing to give me a ride to Pleasanton from Oakland next Friday morning?

Anyone coming from the city or Berkeley/Oakland passes right by me.
My place is just off the 580 in Oakland.

I am assuming co-pilot responsibilities with RKT BMR from Gilroy to SB and back BUT at the moment I have no way to get to Pleasanton before 6:30.
The 1st BART doesn't arrive there till 6:51am... too late.

A further ride as far as Gilroy would be nice too but I can probably get myself stowed in the back of someone's vehicle in P-Town for that leg of the journey.

AND, last but not least -

2) Is anyone looking for a roommate at the Ramada or other nearby hotel?
I would like to split a room with someone.

I reserved a Motel6 about 15 minutes away but would rather be closer. I could also keep my room at Motel6 if someone wants to share it.

EDIT:

I misread the BART schedule - I CAN get to Pleasanton early enough. D'oh.

It looks like I found someone to split a room at the Ramada.

See everyone there!!!

Paul

TomDac
04-14-2005, 06:36 AM
Hi Paul,

We can pick you up if you don't mind riding in the back of my M3 convertible (it's SMALL back there). PM me your address, etc. if you're interested.

I live in Hayward, so coming to get you will not be a huge deal.

Tom.

Teamwoody740ils
04-14-2005, 12:59 PM
Hi I am interested in joing the convoy leaving stoneridge mall to bimmerfest. I've got about 5 people going, we might have 3 cars in our group 2 740's and a 3. Are there any requirments?

Cliff
04-14-2005, 01:03 PM
Hi I am interested in joing the convoy leaving stoneridge mall to bimmerfest. I've got about 5 people going, we might have 3 cars in our group 2 740's and a 3. Are there any requirments?
Check this post for specifics: http://www.bimmerfest.com/forums/showpost.php?p=1071488&postcount=98

FRS/GMRS radios (and a full tank of gas before you arrive at Stoneridge) are strongly recommended.

Keith
04-14-2005, 01:05 PM

So you must be Doug's buddy, I just finished emailing him and am waiting for him (or you now) to send me everyones email address's and I will send you ALL the OFFICIAL Evite.
So PM me your email address.

I too am a Pleasantonian. :thumbup:

Keith
04-14-2005, 01:08 PM
Check this post for specifics: http://www.bimmerfest.com/forums/showpost.php?p=1071488&postcount=98

FRS/GMRS radios (and a full tank of gas before you arrive at Stoneridge) are strongly recommended.

Thanks Cliff.
Also, go here: http://www.norcalbmw.com/ to see where most of us hang out.
Check out the events thread.

z3scot
04-19-2005, 02:02 AM
Hi,
I just registered but don't have motel reservations yet. I live in Pleasanton, and would like to caravan down there with you all. Please send me the evite. I am not sure if it is too late to get a hotel though.

Scott

Keith
04-19-2005, 03:26 AM
Hi,
I just registered but don't have motel reservations yet. I live in Pleasanton, and would like to caravan down there with you all. Please send me the evite. I am not sure if it is too late to get a hotel though.

Scott

Scott, PM me your email address, then I can send you the OFFICIAL Evite.
Good luck with the hotel. :dunno:

Keith

b-y
04-19-2005, 04:56 PM
Scott--
Try the Best Western Encina Lodge & Suites
2220 Bath Street, Santa Barbara, California, United States, 93105-4322
Phone: 805-682-7277 Fax: 805-563-9319
A few days ago they still had rooms and a slightly discounted "race special" rate.
They are not the best, not the cheapest, not the closest, ... , but the rooms might be OK. :dunno:

sailwind
04-20-2005, 05:31 PM
Is there a caravan going back to Bay Area on Sunday?

Keith
04-20-2005, 05:41 PM
Is there a caravan going back to Bay Area on Sunday?

Of course, we are PLANNING on coming back on Hwy 1 like last year, but it depends on the weather.
I don't want to take that route if the weather is crappy, we'd just be asking for trouble.
If it is crappy, we will go back on 101 again.
We are planning to leave the Ramada for one route or the other at 10:30am.

z3scot
04-20-2005, 11:07 PM
Got a hotel at the last minute so I will meet you guys in Pleasanton at gulp 6:30.

JonathanIT
04-20-2005, 11:48 PM
You guys are gonna have an awesome drive! I almost wish I had farther to go. Be safe and have fun!! :thumbup:

--J.

ast
04-20-2005, 11:52 PM
Phew! Just got my car today at the dealer -- the sales guys called me last week saying I may not get the car before 4/22. I'm so reliefed and happy and Thank God for this opportunity to have a nice drive down So. Cal.

Will meet you guys at Gilory In/Out Buger.

Kurt Martin
04-21-2005, 12:08 AM
Phew! Just got my car today at the dealer -- the sales guys called me last week saying I may not get the car before 4/22. I'm so reliefed and happy and Thank God for this opportunity to have a nice drive down So. Cal.

That's one kick-ass car to be picking up the week of bimmerfest :thumbup: You must be pinching yourself! You are going to be so glad you got to go to the fest in a nice new M3 :bigpimp:

See you in Gilroy for the Nor-Cal caravan.

Kurt

Keith
04-21-2005, 07:34 AM
Got a hotel at the last minute so I will meet you guys in Pleasanton at gulp 6:30.

Careful Scott, we are LEAVING PROMPTLY at 6:30.
I will be there at 6, as I hope others will be too.
See ya in 22 1/2 hours from now! :banana:

Keith
04-21-2005, 07:37 AM

WOO HOO, way to go Abe, glad to see/here it made it on time. :thumbup:
This will be the perfect caravan for the "break in period".

See ya soon,

Wildkarde
04-21-2005, 07:07 PM

Thats a very nice ride! Congrats man! I look forward to riding near that thing tomorrow! :rofl: Its almost time, getting antsy here :drive: !

Darkstar M3
04-22-2005, 12:01 AM
WOO HOO!!
I dunno if I am going to be able to sleep!
See ya tomorrow! :thumbup: