PDA

View Full Version : Bimmerfest 2005 in Santa Barbara (questions)

Bmwcat
02-11-2005, 05:29 PM
What happens at a Bimmerfest and is it worth an eight hour drive to Santa Barbara? I see it's at a car dealer. Do they have free Bratwurst and lemonade? :rofl:

Jon Shafer
02-11-2005, 07:05 PM
What happens at a Bimmerfest and is it worth an eight hour drive to Santa Barbara? I see it's at a car dealer. Do they have free Bratwurst and lemonade? :rofl:
http://eurotuner.com/eventcoverage/p176778_image_large.jpg

Bob Clevenger
02-11-2005, 08:06 PM
I certainly hope there is more than bumper-to-bumper traffic to entertain us.

Jon Shafer
02-11-2005, 08:29 PM
I certainly hope there is more than bumper-to-bumper traffic to entertain us.
You guys sound so enthusiastic...

The 'bumper-to-bumper traffic' is the largest BMW caravan ever assembled...

Jon Shafer
02-11-2005, 08:32 PM
Caravans to the event, installation and DIY clinics, show cars including those from all the top BMW tuners, race cars, The Battle of the Bimmers, the Road Rally, the parties afterwards. Bimmerfest is not for the faint hearted.

:)

Somebody please help me out here. Explain what Bimmerfest is to you, and what you like about it.

Kurt Martin
02-11-2005, 11:19 PM
The way I understand it, Bimmerfest started as a gathering of BMW enthusiasts, many of whom frequented the BMW Forums on the internet. A place to get together and meet, look at each other's cars, and generally share the love.

I didn't attend the first Bimmerfest, but I have been to each one since then. The event has grown each year, and has turned into great gathering of people who share a common interest: Bimmers!

This year, as in years past, I'll be joining the BayBimmerz caravan. It's always a blast to drive down to Santa Barbara in a line of BMWs that is about 50 strong! Then there's the opportunity to see old friends from last year, and meet new ones. We'll be going out to dinner before and after the fest, and getting together at various party spots in SB. The downtown is great for this.

And that doesn't even get to the subject of Bimmerfest itself. Where else can you get up close and personal with so many gear heads, customizers, and just plain fanatical BMW owners. You'll never see so many cool looking Bimmers in one place, I can guarantee you. Just to see the E21 crowd all lined up in a row, it's a sight to see.

This event has grown into a weekend that I look forward to each year. I get to spend a weekend in Santa Barbara, hanging out with a bunch of people I met on the internet. You meet the nicest people at Bimmerfest! :thumbup:

Kurt

Keith
02-12-2005, 07:44 AM
The way I understand it, Bimmerfest started as a gathering of BMW enthusiasts, many of whom frequented the BMW Forums on the internet. A place to get together and meet, look at each other's cars, and generally share the love.

I didn't attend the first Bimmerfest, but I have been to each one since then. The event has grown each year, and has turned into great gathering of people who share a common interest: Bimmers!

This year, as in years past, I'll be joining the BayBimmerz caravan. It's always a blast to drive down to Santa Barbara in a line of BMWs that is about 50 strong! Then there's the opportunity to see old friends from last year, and meet new ones. We'll be going out to dinner before and after the fest, and getting together at various party spots in SB. The downtown is great for this.

And that doesn't even get to the subject of Bimmerfest itself. Where else can you get up close and personal with so many gear heads, customizers, and just plain fanatical BMW owners. You'll never see so many cool looking Bimmers in one place, I can guarantee you. Just to see the E21 crowd all lined up in a row, it's a sight to see.

This event has grown into a weekend that I look forward to each year. I get to spend a weekend in Santa Barbara, hanging out with a bunch of people I met on the internet. You meet the nicest people at Bimmerfest! :thumbup:

Kurt

I couldn't of said it any better Kurt, well put! :thumbup:

What happens at a Bimmerfest and is it worth an eight hour drive to Santa Barbara? I see it's at a car dealer. Do they have free Bratwurst and lemonade?

Since you're from Sac-Town, you should join the Bay Bimmerz Caravan from the Bay Area and you will see another part of Bimmerfest that's blast, just as Kurt said.
There are e few that are meeting up with us so far.

Brad323i
02-12-2005, 02:12 PM
I couldn't of said it any better Kurt, well put! :thumbup:

Since you're from Sac-Town, you should join the Bay Bimmerz Caravan from the Bay Area and you will see another part of Bimmerfest that's blast, just as Kurt said.
There are e few that are meeting up with us so far.

That's what I am planning on doing this year. There is a carvan from Sac aside from Bay Bimmerz caravan.

Keith
02-12-2005, 04:34 PM
That's what I am planning on doing this year. There is a carvan from Sac aside from Bay Bimmerz caravan.

Hmmm, I know one is going to LA for a couple days and another is joining with us in Pleasanton, have a great time.

BoostedE21
02-13-2005, 11:52 AM
Just to see the E21 crowd all lined up in a row, it's a sight to see.

Thanx for the compliment! :thumbup:

RKT BMR
02-13-2005, 11:54 AM
Thanx for the compliment! :thumbup:Yeah, you guys were a sight to see... Hope you all (and more) are there again this year, lined up together!

BoostedE21
02-13-2005, 01:35 PM
Thanx again, yeah there will be more of us this year and I have already made arangements to get all the E21's lines up and together. :thumbup:

MattE21
02-13-2005, 05:55 PM
Thanx again, yeah there will be more of us this year and I have already made arangements to get all the E21's lines up and together. :thumbup:

For sure! I can't wait! :thumbup:

BLitZeD310
02-13-2005, 06:48 PM
In general its hard to put into words until you experiance the Fest for yourself. The day it ends is the day you cant wait till next year and its on your mind constantly.

This year we will break the E21 record in the US

Jon Shafer
02-13-2005, 07:42 PM
This year we will break the E21 record in the US
And there will be at least 4 or 5 major magazines there to capture it.

:str8pimpi

MattE21
02-13-2005, 11:36 PM
And there will be at least 4 or 5 major magazines there to capture it.

:str8pimpi

Excellent, because all the coverage last year seemed to have skipped half the E21's there. :cry:

vadere36mpwr
02-14-2005, 01:30 PM

Although last year was my first bimmerfest, I knew right away that this event was one that I will be looking forward to year after year. As Kurt said, there are so many things to see and so many people to meet. :yikes: Quite honestly, I think the bimmerfest should last more than one day, as I really didn't get to experience everything. It all happened so fast!! The drive at the end of the day was awesome, I have been to other meets (for a different manufacturer that I won't mention... :rolleyes: ) and nothing compares to this. You have just get to be there to see, words just won't do it any justice... :bigpimp:

uberpanzer
02-14-2005, 11:26 PM
...Of course not ALL our e21's are showing winning examples like CJ's, but it is great to see that even our older cars were given more than just a fleeting glance when the judges went around last year. Congrats again CJ!

Anyway, I too have been to every Bimmerfest from #2 on, and will not miss them for the anything. As much as people think it is about cars, it isn't. It is about the people that you meet there, who all just happen to be interested in the same MAKE of cars. The people you will meet if you go are just awesome. They are from all different backgrounds but can come together for a day (or weekend for some) and hang out, talk about whatever they want (although usually cars), and have a great time. There are car activities thrown in as well, including one killer drive that has Bimmers of all types stretching on for miles down some back roads (to the dismay of people trying to turn left off of side roads :p ).

The caravans have grown, just as the event itself has, but the people are all still the best to be around on a Saturday in CA.

Bmwcat
02-16-2005, 07:12 PM
Thanks for all the responses, guys n' gals. Sounds just geeky enough to warrant my interest! :D

Bob Clevenger
02-16-2005, 09:02 PM
You guys sound so enthusiastic...

The 'bumper-to-bumper traffic' is the largest BMW caravan ever assembled...

Sorry, I should have put a "tongue-in-cheek" smilie on that post.

RKT BMR
02-17-2005, 02:31 PM
Thanks for all the responses, guys n' gals. Sounds just geeky enough to warrant my interest! :DWell, if you decide to you would be making one enormous mistake not to get hooked up with the southbound caravan (starts in WA, final large mass gets picked up in Gilroy, CA).

operknockity
02-17-2005, 06:54 PM
http://www.bimmerfest.com/forums/attachment.php?attachmentid=44480
Ah yes.... The blinker fluid clinic :rofl:

marvelphx
02-18-2005, 10:55 AM
He wants to know what BF is all about?

Someone find the links to the BF2004 movie I made that was posted here last May.

I know they are still here somewhere!

King Jason
02-21-2005, 09:32 PM
Some many reasons...so little time... :thumbup:

Jon Shafer
02-21-2005, 11:35 PM
Some many reasons...so little time...
Thanks for the post Jason! What an awesome sight... :thumbup:

I (unfortunately) have not been able to witness this view of the Road Rally
before myself. Hopefully I will this year.

http://www.bimmerfest.com/forums/attachment.php?attachmentid=45173

SpeedinBlueBima
02-22-2005, 02:54 AM

Brad- How many people in your caravan? Im hopefully going to make it down this year, but the Bay Bimmerz caravan is way too early for me. I'd mee you guys up somewhere since obviously you guys wouldn't drive to the city on the way down.

JetBlack330i
02-22-2005, 04:06 AM
I, jokingly, mentioned to wifey about going to Bimmerfest.
I was fully expecting an ignore or a plain NO.
Instead, she asked "when" and "can we go too"?
Is there a caravan from TX? :rofl:

Bmwcat
02-24-2005, 05:49 PM
Does anyone have info on a caravan from Sacramento? Might be fun... :p

Spectre
02-24-2005, 06:52 PM
Does anyone have info on a caravan from Sacramento? Might be fun... :pYou could always join the Bay Area caravan (from Pleasanton). You'll have plenty of company for the drive down.

BMWenthusiast
02-26-2005, 09:22 PM
i haven't found what time the event runs from yet...wondering since if we get a caravan going then we need to estimate departure times...so what time does the event run?

AsianImage
02-26-2005, 10:06 PM
i haven't found what time the event runs from yet...wondering since if we get a caravan going then we need to estimate departure times...so what time does the event run?

I was told to be patient and hang tight. As we get closer the LA posts will appear and we will have more info. I am standing by, because I am looking forward to going.

Jon Shafer
02-26-2005, 10:21 PM
Here's a copy of an event progrm from a previous year (just to give you an idea)...

http://www.bimmerfest.com/forums/attachment.php?attachmentid=45456

BMWenthusiast
02-26-2005, 10:33 PM
Here's a copy of an event progrm from a previous year (just to give you an idea)...

http://www.bimmerfest.com/forums/attachment.php?attachmentid=45456

alright, this is really good info since i can think of the time im gonna need to wake up and leave

Kurt Martin
02-27-2005, 10:05 AM
Brad- How many people in your caravan? Im hopefully going to make it down this year, but the Bay Bimmerz caravan is way too early for me. I'd mee you guys up somewhere since obviously you guys wouldn't drive to the city on the way down.
I'm going with the early BayBimmerz caravan, but I have a buddy who also would like to hook up with a later caravan. He has a Racing Dynamics R48 five-series. He will be travelling with a friend in a Dinan 5.

He asked me to inquire for him about later caravans from the Bay Area. I can't really organize a later caravan because I am leaving in the morning. I'm just trying to get several people connected so they can travel together. I think in the past there was a late caravan that met at the In-n-Out in Gilroy. Sometime around Noon or 1:00 PM.

Anybody want to take the ball and organize a late caravan? I'm sure there will be a lot of people who would like to participate.

Kurt

Viv
02-27-2005, 03:07 PM
Does anyone have info on a caravan from Sacramento? Might be fun... :p
We'll be leaving Sac. around 4 AM Friday morning to meet the group in Pleasanton. I don't know where we'll be gathering yet, it just depends on where people live. :thumbup:

ASAed330
02-27-2005, 08:30 PM
I need advice. I am coming from San Francisco. I either want to leave at 8 at night or 3 in the morning. At which time would I avoid the bug count?

Email me if anyone wants to caravan with my ridiculous times. :(

KrisL
02-27-2005, 09:12 PM
I'm going with the early BayBimmerz caravan, but I have a buddy who also would like to hook up with a later caravan. He has a Racing Dynamics R48 five-series. He will be travelling with a friend in a Dinan 5.

He asked me to inquire for him about later caravans from the Bay Area. I can't really organize a later caravan because I am leaving in the morning. I'm just trying to get several people connected so they can travel together. I think in the past there was a late caravan that met at the In-n-Out in Gilroy. Sometime around Noon or 1:00 PM.

Anybody want to take the ball and organize a late caravan? I'm sure there will be a lot of people who would like to participate.

Kurt

http://www.bimmerfest.com/forums/showpost.php?p=1089957&postcount=14

Bob in San Jose
03-02-2005, 12:12 AM
Kris,
Why don't you start a new thread for a later caravan from SJ.

Ågent99
03-02-2005, 05:43 PM
Ah, Bimmerfest. What is it??

It is a helluva lot of work if you are a gullible dope that likes to spend the whole freakin' time putting Xpel on some a-hole's M5...but then he buys you dinner and lottsa drinks and then it isn't so bad.... :D

Any pics of that scene, Jon? :D :D

shragon
03-08-2005, 09:48 AM
is registration on sat going to be from 9am to 10am again?

Darkstar M3
03-11-2005, 08:22 PM
I second that! How does parking work out? Do we need to get there early?

My first bimmerfest, and i'm really excited to see all the awesome cars!
Sorry for the large Sig. but I had to represent the E21 after reading this post! :thumbup:

Spectre
03-14-2005, 06:58 PM
I second that! How does parking work out? Do we need to get there early?In 2003 (my first time at Bimmerfest), it was first come, first parked, so getting there early probably makes a difference.My first bimmerfest, and i'm really excited to see all the awesome cars!
Sorry for the large Sig. but I had to represent the E21 after reading this post! :thumbup:Nice car. The large signature was worth it. :D

Jon Shafer
03-14-2005, 07:10 PM
Ah, Bimmerfest. What is it??

It is a helluva lot of work if you are a gullible dope that likes to spend the whole freakin' time putting Xpel on some a-hole's M5...but then he buys you dinner and lottsa drinks and then it isn't so bad....

Any pics of that scene, Jon?

http://www.corystarr.com/mug/bf02/images/Bimmerfest%202002%20024.jpg

We're not going to futz around with registration this year Rob...

shragon
03-21-2005, 03:05 PM
begins at 9am, good enough for me jon!!

Bmwcat
04-06-2005, 06:11 PM
After some wrangling and swapping work shifts we are going to Bfest 2005!! Leaving Sackatomatoes around noon Friday, so will be looking for other Bimmers along I-5!!! :sabrina:

scottn2retro
04-06-2005, 07:26 PM
I second that! How does parking work out? Do we need to get there early?

There has been some discussion on a couple of the other threads, but now that it's getting close, more people will be asking - so I'll probably start a thread with Jon's request and that nice overhead shot of the dealership.

But basically it's requested that people with bone stock current model non-M cars (I won't call out any models, but they know if they fall in that category) voluntarily defer to the cars of more interest to collectors/enthusiasts and park in the areas around the dealership.

Jon Shafer
04-06-2005, 08:37 PM
...basically it's requested that people with bone stock current model non-M cars (I won't call out any models, but they know if they fall in that category) voluntarily defer to the cars of more interest to collectors/enthusiasts and park in the areas around the dealership.
That's the plan...

Bmwcat
04-16-2005, 05:10 PM

Does BMW recommend the natural or synthetic blinker fluid? :drink:

Jon Shafer
04-16-2005, 05:14 PM

Don't forget the muffler bearing clinic too...

Tdrag97
04-18-2005, 01:26 PM
I, jokingly, mentioned to wifey about going to Bimmerfest.
I was fully expecting an ignore or a plain NO.
Instead, she asked "when" and "can we go too"?
Is there a caravan from TX? :rofl:
yea ok.. I'll caravan with you from Tx.. hehe.. maybe we can get a bunch of us to go.. hehe

operknockity
04-18-2005, 02:21 PM
Does BMW recommend the natural or synthetic blinker fluid? :drink: Depends... If you've been running standard blinker fluid for a long time (greater than 10000 cycles), then you'd best stick with the standard stuff as the synth could get by the worn seals and cause leaks, and we all know how fripping difficult it is to clean up a synthetic blinker fluid leak. However, if you are below that threshold or have had you blinker fluid seals replaced recently, then go for the synth :D

Vroomer
04-18-2005, 02:24 PM
Depends... If you've been running standard blinker fluid for a long time (greater than 10000 cycles), then you'd best stick with the standard stuff as the synth could get by the worn seals and cause leaks, and we all know how fripping difficult it is to clean up a synthetic blinker fluid leak. However, if you are below that threshold or have had you blinker fluid seals replaced recently, then go for the synth :D
Your dealer will need an exhaust sample before they give your natural or synthetic blinker fluid. I just had this done on my Z.

~Vroomer

Bmwcat
04-27-2005, 05:38 PM
We did make it to Bimmerfest and it was fun. No Bratwurst, but hot dogs and Cokes were
good...never did find any "clinics", the road rally was truly awesome..Thanks again to Jon and the Bfest staff! :thumbup: