PDA

View Full Version : Best carwashes in Boston

dmel
02-12-2005, 03:37 PM
I'm sure most people on bimmerfest wash their own cars. But, if you *had* to go to a carwash, which one would you go to? Foreign Motors West in Natick gave me a "one free month of washes" from Scrubadub, but I don't know if I trust them with my car. I used to go to Dr. Detail in Chestnut Hill, until the lost the key to my wife's car. After that, I stopped having faith in them.

Anyone have any good recommendations?

cantona7
02-14-2005, 02:26 PM
All car washes in Boston suck. I go to the Dr. Detail in the Cambridgeside Galleria and they seem to do a decent job, at least the best I've seen that doesn't use machines, brushes and high-pressure hoses.

dmel
02-14-2005, 02:37 PM
I ended up going to Allston Car Wash, who's won best carwash in Boston Magazine. Horrible, just horrible. First of all they said they were too busy to wash my mats. Second of all, the towels they used to dry the car left swirls all over the windows. I had to windex them when I got home. I need to find out if my apt building will let me use a hose to wash my car....

cantona7
02-15-2005, 10:58 AM
Allston Car Wash is a rip. And it's not touchless either--they have a regular machine wash inside, which your car goes through--really no better than any gas station car wash.

330ciPfmcePkg05
02-17-2005, 02:00 PM
any good brushless ones?

AG
02-17-2005, 10:20 PM
There is a guy that details cars in the Copley parking garage. I think my friend took his car there once with pretty good results. As far as car washes go, I've had pretty good luck with the laser car wash on 110 up in Westford. IIRC, the guy who runs that also has one in Chelmsford.

Bimmer9938
04-17-2005, 04:01 AM
www.thextremeclean.com

He details my cars!