PDA

View Full Version : SoCal Caravan Thread?

vadere36mpwr
02-12-2005, 08:39 PM
Anyboby have a caravan going from SoCal? I am in Los Angeles and have heard that usually one is started in San Diego. I was told that this caravan usually make a stop here in LA. I am currently going with another driver, but would be more than happy to join a larger caravan. Anyone know about this caravan, please let me know. Thanks!! :thumbup:

BoostedE21
02-14-2005, 07:45 AM
Yes, there is a caravan from SD to Orange, the to LA. As the date gets closer, there will be more threads poping up about this

dallasfan824
02-14-2005, 12:57 PM
Yes, there is a caravan from SD to Orange, the to LA. As the date gets closer, there will be more threads poping up about this
Cool. I wanna join too :)

vadere36mpwr
02-14-2005, 01:21 PM
cool, just as long as I know that I have some contact, it's cool...thanks!! :yikes:

e36bmw328
02-17-2005, 04:35 PM
yeah i'm leaving for bimmerfest on friday april 22 (with 2 other bimmers, so far) which is when i'm checking in at the hotel up there. im here in so. cal. we must bring all us bimmer's together! when are you leaving?

BoostedE21
02-17-2005, 05:41 PM
The E21 group will be leaving on friday as well prolly at noon.

e30cabrio
02-17-2005, 08:28 PM
If there is no word about an orange county caravan yet, I will set one up, and I am sure someone I know that lives right by the meeting place will help me out.

I will post again when I have gotten a webpage setup for the caravan.

AsianImage
02-17-2005, 08:51 PM
I am interested in joining the drive up as well. I will keep a look out on the threads!

King Jason
02-18-2005, 08:40 AM
If there is no word about an orange county caravan yet, I will set one up, and I am sure someone I know that lives right by the meeting place will help me out.

I will post again when I have gotten a webpage setup for the caravan.
We should plan on meeting at the same place by the mall and Barnes and Noble.

BoostedE21
02-18-2005, 04:35 PM
before you guys plan anything, wait a little bit, there are going to be caravan threads posting up when the date gets closer. There is going to be one BIG caravan starting from SD to OC to LA then to the meet.

Matthew330Ci
02-18-2005, 05:24 PM
doesn't the caravan usually drive up the morning of the event?

AsianImage
02-18-2005, 06:38 PM
doesn't the caravan usually drive up the morning of the event?

Yeah I was not planning on driving up the day before. I do have plans to spend then night. I was gonna drive up hang out and come back home Saturday night.

Matthew330Ci
02-19-2005, 11:25 PM
that's exactly what i'm doing. i don't want to spend $$$ on a hotel room when i don't need to.

dallasfan824
02-19-2005, 11:50 PM
that's exactly what i'm doing. i don't want to spend $$$ on a hotel room when i don't need to.
I was planning on driving up saturday morning and coming back the same night. Is that not a good plan? This is my first time going to the Fest.

Jon Shafer
02-20-2005, 12:12 AM
I was planning on driving up saturday morning and coming back the same night. Is that not a good plan? This is my first time going to the Fest.
You might miss out on this:

e30cabrio
02-21-2005, 06:29 PM
before you guys plan anything, wait a little bit, there are going to be caravan threads posting up when the date gets closer. There is going to be one BIG caravan starting from SD to OC to LA then to the meet.

Dude, it was Night_Ryder and I who hosted the OC caravan last year! :p

King Jason
02-21-2005, 08:40 PM
Dude, it was Night_Ryder and I who hosted the OC caravan last year! :p

And what a fine job you guys did ;) Lets do it again...same bat time....same bat place...

vadere36mpwr
02-23-2005, 06:48 PM

so far, we have people from SD and OC, anybody from LA interested? I guess if not, we will just meet up somewhere in LA. Also, where does the LA crew usually meet up? :dunno:

LordGop
02-23-2005, 11:39 PM
so far, we have people from SD and OC, anybody from LA interested? I guess if not, we will just meet up somewhere in LA. Also, where does the LA crew usually meet up? :dunno:

Just wait till you see the amount of cars that caravan hehe.....We usually meet at balboa park in the San Fernando Valley area....nice right turn onto the freeway with a big lot....only downside is the signal :rolleyes: onthe on ramp which breaks us up.

AsianImage
02-24-2005, 12:09 AM
Just say where and when....I am ready to roll!

Hope to have all my mods done by then! yipppeee!

BoostedE21
02-24-2005, 07:40 AM
Like i said, relax, there willbe ALOT of info popping up when it gets closer, I know yor excited, but all the info you will need will be up here in due time :thumbup:

BMWenthusiast
02-26-2005, 09:21 PM
im in....we could meet in the center of Orange County, perhaps outside IrvineBMW, there is a long street and since it is a saturday there should be alot of space at the office buildings and we could plan from there

edit: and my dad knows the manager so if we need anything

jahwise
02-28-2005, 09:29 AM
Count me in for the SoCal drive-a-thon....Lets get SoCal BMW on the map this year.... :rofl:

How many SoCal Driver are we gonna have????

Where do we want to meet ?

Lets plan this early so we know whos going....

Riot Racing
02-28-2005, 08:17 PM
What time did we leave to go up to bimmerfest last year?

I think Ill be leaving to go up there at about 7 am maybe 10-15mins earlier

BMWenthusiast
02-28-2005, 09:18 PM
well according to mapquest from san clemente its like a 3 hours drive and registration should be from 9-10 am...not srue how traffic is gonna be

LordGop
03-01-2005, 12:00 AM
Guys asking about the So Cal caravan DON'T worry there is a large caravan that has head up there in the past that is a combo of the SD/OC/LA peoples. look at the past years thread for info.....

I'm sure an official thread will be posted just as it was last year, never fear guys.

Oh nm the past threads are gone....but don't worry. :thumbup:

MG67
03-01-2005, 02:38 PM
I cannot go, I'm in Maui...:bawling: :eeps: :cry:

LordGop
03-01-2005, 02:49 PM

Fly in for the weekend :p I am, I'm up north at the moment but the M3's at home in So Cal

MG67
03-01-2005, 02:50 PM
Fly in for the weekend :p I am, I'm up north at the moment but the M3's at home in So Cal I'm flying back Saturday night...:(

BMWenthusiast
03-02-2005, 08:17 PM
just wondering...what time did last years caravan leave from the OC rally point?

LordGop
03-03-2005, 12:49 AM
I'm flying back Saturday night...:(

Awww well we'll miss ya, but hey maui gotta love that lol :thumbup:

Went there hmm I think a year ago, pretty relaxing.

MG67
03-04-2005, 02:35 PM
Awww well we'll miss ya, but hey maui gotta love that lol :thumbup:

Went there hmm I think a year ago, pretty relaxing. I love Maui, we went there last year January too. This is like the 4th time we go... My wife says it's making me too relaxed but I don't care...:D

Black Majik
03-04-2005, 05:39 PM
Hiya folks.

Dont worry, the caravans will be organized before Bimmerfest.

But as to get an idea of how the SOCAL caravans work each year, San Diego usually meets around 5:00-5:30 am at the Carlsbad outlet malls, meets Orange County around 7:00am at the Starbucks near Wheel Power at the corner of Edinger and Beach Blvd. From there we meet LA County at Balboa Park off the 101.

To keep up to date, check www.dtmpower.net in the california section for updates. As soon as Dave or Doug from San Diego post their information for the San Diego party, we'll follow suit and post information for OC and LA.

I haven't organized a Bimemerfest caravan in the past 2 yrs, so I'm kinda outta the loop on how things work in the community anymore... :bigpimp:

But I'll talk to the San Diego coordinators (Doug and Dave) and LA county coordinators (Mariano) and find out whats up.

There will be a Socal caravan! :)

Matthew330Ci
03-04-2005, 11:13 PM
dtmpower's site seems to be fuxored up. at least to me using firefox. animated banners all over the screen.

JAWJr
03-07-2005, 10:09 PM
5ish Saturday morning would be perfect for a SD caravan. Count me in, who ever's organizing it.

~Jon

e30cabrio
03-07-2005, 10:34 PM
Hiya folks.

Dont worry, the caravans will be organized before Bimmerfest.

But as to get an idea of how the SOCAL caravans work each year, San Diego usually meets around 5:00-5:30 am at the Carlsbad outlet malls, meets Orange County around 7:00am at the Starbucks near Wheel Power at the corner of Edinger and Beach Blvd. From there we meet LA County at Balboa Park off the 101.

To keep up to date, check www.dtmpower.net in the california section for updates. As soon as Dave or Doug from San Diego post their information for the San Diego party, we'll follow suit and post information for OC and LA.

I haven't organized a Bimemerfest caravan in the past 2 yrs, so I'm kinda outta the loop on how things work in the community anymore... :bigpimp:

But I'll talk to the San Diego coordinators (Doug and Dave) and LA county coordinators (Mariano) and find out whats up.

There will be a Socal caravan! :)

Richard! What's up man!

I've spoken to Dave (DDD) and Mariano about setting up the caravans, and I will be working the OC caravan (we will most likely meet at Wheelpower, unless they have a problem with it themselves). Dave and Mariano have agreed to collaborate with me to have the most organized SoCal caravan up to B'Fest!

EVERYBODY:
I am currently working on a website where all SoCal'ers can sign up and recieve information for the caravan. It should be done by Friday, March 11th. I will make a new thread when I get it up!

AsianImage
03-07-2005, 11:00 PM
Richard! What's up man!

I've spoken to Dave (DDD) and Mariano about setting up the caravans, and I will be working the OC caravan (we will most likely meet at Wheelpower, unless they have a problem with it themselves). Dave and Mariano have agreed to collaborate with me to have the most organized SoCal caravan up to B'Fest!

EVERYBODY:
I am currently working on a website where all SoCal'ers can sign up and recieve information for the caravan. It should be done by Friday, March 11th. I will make a new thread when I get it up!

Awesome I will be looking out for the thread!!!

AsianImage
03-07-2005, 11:02 PM

Hey neighbor!!! What the heck?? I thought we were cruising on up to Bimmerfest!!

But hey Maui is nice...I was there Aug of 03 for a wedding. Stayed in Lahaina! LOVED IT.

Did the "Road to Hana" and saw the 7 sacred pools and all that. Enjoy!

But I was hoping for a driving buddy! I guess next year!

scottn2retro
03-08-2005, 08:31 AM
John has got a site up:

http://www.bimmerfest.com/forums/showthread.php?t=90302

MG67
03-08-2005, 09:26 AM
Hey neighbor!!! What the heck?? I thought we were cruising on up to Bimmerfest!!

But hey Maui is nice...I was there Aug of 03 for a wedding. Stayed in Lahaina! LOVED IT.

Did the "Road to Hana" and saw the 7 sacred pools and all that. Enjoy!

But I was hoping for a driving buddy! I guess next year! Sorry for that, we were in the rage of booking the trip and my wife came back with " You want to go to Maui from the 17th till the 24th" Sure...:tsk:
Next year I will for sure go to Bimmerfest...:thumbup:

tony2tru
03-25-2005, 08:05 PM
I'm debating wether or not to go up on Friday and getting a room. Anybody else planning to drive up on Friday afternoon?

If so send me a PM.

Thanks

Tony

Dave 330i
03-26-2005, 06:28 AM
In the past, the SD-OC-LA- then gathered in San Fernando Valley at Balboa Park, at the Encino/Balboa golf course, plenty of parking, located at the northwest intersection of 405 and 101. Then the caravan leaves for SB without another stop. Those who want to merge in Thousand Oaks (probably 3-4 guys) do so at Circuit City at Lynn Rd/101.

Someone needs to pick up the ball and organize the parking lot used for the SF guys.

GH
03-26-2005, 07:40 AM
I just joined this formum and would like to be a part of the Circuit City start to join the caravan. Please keep me in mind when advising what time to be there on Saturday morning Thank you Gary

540ion20s
03-30-2005, 01:45 AM
What time did we leave to go up to bimmerfest last year?

I think Ill be leaving to go up there at about 7 am maybe 10-15mins earlier

Same here maybe 6 AM sounds better. For sure i got 2 other guys that are in LA.