PDA

View Full Version : Black 330 convertible - Car Care Tips needed.

elmalloc
02-13-2005, 09:08 AM
Hello,

So I am leaning towards the jet black/black leather 2005 330CIC. I like the look of it when it's clean. I'm in Ohio. The winter months will probably be a lost cause, but I will take care of it so the paint doesn't get damaged during those months.

During spring and summer, we will still have some rainy days. How do I take care of this thing, and how often?

I read in other forums about Klassy wax (don't know what that is yet), and a California duster. How long does it take to dust the thing? THe stigma of a bad-a$$ jet black car and someone dusting it every day just doesn't fit well. ;) I will be parking it in a garage every day. Wll a car cover help or hurt?

How often will I wax/wash? How long should the wash take?
Tips about how to wash and keep the top in good condition would help also.

Thanks,
ELmO

A Perfect Shine
02-21-2005, 08:56 PM
Go to www.autopia.org and read a bit, it has all the information you could possibly want. There is a free online book available there which is fantastic. If you need anything else then please email me.

elmalloc
02-21-2005, 09:33 PM
Oh heck yeah, thanks.

jetstream23
02-21-2005, 11:35 PM
I have Jet Black and I love what Klasse products do to it. I also like that fact that if you spend one weekend going through an entire detail and protection process you likely won't have to repeat it for 6-8 months because Klasse lasts so long. One of my (many) posts below about Klasse and my new car....

http://www.bimmerfest.com/forums/showthread.php?p=1058514#post1058514