PDA

View Full Version : Caravan (from WA) and cost questions

528i
02-14-2005, 02:29 AM
First, those from the north, how does the caravan work? I remember from last year the Seattle 7s and 5s grouped up and met a few on the way down right? Is it a straight 17 hour cannonball down, or is it a leisurely thing with a night somewhere in the middle? Whihch forum members are expecting to go?

Also, besides the obvious (gas, hotel) costs, what other costs should one expect to take that have not yet been mentioned?

Keith
02-14-2005, 12:18 PM
First, those from the north, how does the caravan work? I remember from last year the Seattle 7s and 5s grouped up and met a few on the way down right? Is it a straight 17 hour cannonball down, or is it a leisurely thing with a night somewhere in the middle? Whihch forum members are expecting to go?

Also, besides the obvious (gas, hotel) costs, what other costs should one expect to take that have not yet been mentioned?

Well hopefully Dave or Steve (Seattle 7's) see's your post for more definitive answer's, but I can tell you this, they are coming to my hometown of Pleasanton (CA) Thursday the 21st and spending the night at local Hotels, then getting up bright and early and joining us, the Bay Bimmerz Caravan for our trek to Santa Barbara.
I hope you can join them/us. :thumbup:

Hmm, other costs, buying "toys" from the supporting vendors at the 'fest! :D
We go out on the town for our annual pre-'fest and post-'fest dinner, then a little fun down on State St., you know, gettin' the clubs to wake up. :thumbup:

7upNorth
02-15-2005, 12:36 PM

Hi 528i,

We have five cars signed up so far. Some of us plan to take at least two days to get to the Bay Area (Pleasanton) while others will do a straight 12 hour cannonball run to Pleasanton to meet with Keith's group, Bay Bimmerz, for the trip down 101 on Friday morning. The event is on Saturday. Sunday, we expect to travel up the beautiful California coast from Morrow Bay to Watsonville on Hwy 1 with the Bay Bimmerz.

There are no costs that I expect other than food, gas, hotel & other personal expenses (hopefully not car breakdowns!). This is my third year of the event/trip.

If you are a member of the CCA, an article on Bimerfest will appear in the next Zundfolge newsletter. Let me know if you need more information.

Keith
02-15-2005, 02:53 PM
Hi 528i,

We have five cars signed up so far. Some of us plan to take at least two days to get to the Bay Area (Pleasanton) while others will do a straight 12 hour cannonball run to Pleasanton to meet with Keith's group, Bay Bimmerz, for the trip down 101 on Friday morning. The event is on Saturday. Sunday, we expect to travel up the beautiful California coast from Morrow Bay to Watsonville on Hwy 1 with the Bay Bimmerz.

There are no costs that I expect other than food, gas, hotel & other personal expenses (hopefully not car breakdowns!). This is my third year of the event/trip.

If you are a member of the CCA, an article on Bimerfest will appear in the next Zundfolge newsletter. Let me know if you need more information.

:thumbup: Nice!

Jayccel
02-25-2008, 09:42 PM
This will be my first year attending; looking forward to it :thumbup:

Jayccel
02-25-2008, 09:46 PM
This will be my first year attending; looking forward to it. First time taking this BMW on a road trip. Took my previous one (525i) to Grand Canyon, Vegas, etc. Good times.

tim330i
02-26-2008, 08:42 AM
Great! You will want to post in the forum for the 2008 forum. this is the 2005 forum. Here is a link -

http://www.bimmerfest.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=134

Tim