PDA

View Full Version : Need help on 3.0 deal

bredi
02-18-2005, 02:45 PM
Hey guys,

I got a quote on a 3.0 lease

here's the deal.
only option is heated seats and metallic. this is a base car.
its the only manual around.

$37,970 This seems like MSRP right? not a good deal.

also, they quoated me a .00165 rate. 36 months.

I told the sales person about the .00100 rate he said he did'nt know about it.

I put a deposit down on "any" x3 manual around.

I'm thinking of walking away from this unless the lease factor and price comes down.
how much do you think i should get off MSRP on a lease on this base car?

thanks

b-y
02-18-2005, 03:37 PM
The dealer may be correct when they tell you they can't get a specific LF you see advertised. But that shouldn't stop you from getting the vehicle you want. Compute the payment for the LF and price you think are reasonable. Use that payment and the LF the dealer says is the best they can obtain to compute the new (lower) "cap cost" (selling price) that is consistent with the deal. If they can get the "price" down to that level, you have what you want. If not, only you can decide how much more you are willing to pay to get the vehicle. No one here can answer that for you.

bredi
02-18-2005, 04:53 PM
The dealer may be correct when they tell you they can't get a specific LF you see advertised. But that shouldn't stop you from getting the vehicle you want. Compute the payment for the LF and price you think are reasonable. Use that payment and the LF the dealer says is the best they can obtain to compute the new (lower) "cap cost" (selling price) that is consistent with the deal. If they can get the "price" down to that level, you have what you want. If not, only you can decide how much more you are willing to pay to get the vehicle. No one here can answer that for you.

Hi,
Thanks for the info. this helps. I have read from people about how much they were able to get off MSRP. I'm not sure if a lease is different. I understand what you mean by "only I can decide". But I was somewhat surprised that I was quoted MSRP.

Should I be surprised about this? or is this expected? I have told him the monthly numbers I wanted to hit, and they don't, even with the new lease offers on X3 3.0's.
I would have thought he would have changed the price of the car.

thanks

kyfdx
02-21-2005, 07:51 AM
Hi,
Thanks for the info. this helps. I have read from people about how much they were able to get off MSRP. I'm not sure if a lease is different. I understand what you mean by "only I can decide". But I was somewhat surprised that I was quoted MSRP.

Should I be surprised about this? or is this expected? I have told him the monthly numbers I wanted to hit, and they don't, even with the new lease offers on X3 3.0's.
I would have thought he would have changed the price of the car.

thanks

Figure $1500-$2000 off MSRP for the selling price..

To this add $625 for the acquisition fee.. they can mark this up to $825.

MF is .0010.. They will try to mark this up... they can go up to .0014

The add-on for security deposit waiver is .00015.. don't do this.. make the security deposit.

Residual for 36mo/45K is 59%.. 36K is 61%.. 30K is 62%..

Just because something is "hard to find", doesn't make it "rare", or deserving of a premium price.. manuals are hard to find, because there isn't much demand for them..

Hope this helps,
kyfdx