PDA

View Full Version : Microfiber Towels

MarcZHP
02-19-2005, 04:09 PM
Just passing this info along,

BJ's have a 25 pack of 14" x 14" towels, half white, and half blue, for $12.99.

Sam's Club has a 16 pack of neon-yellow 16" x 16" towels for $4.81.

I got one BJ's pack, and 2 Sam's packs, I should be good for a very long time. :) Now if they only sold the larger waffle style towels for drying cars.

While on the subject, I bought a microfiber mitt from Pep Boy's for $3.99, same brand as the BJ's towels. I think I'm going to return that though.

NH-SHICKS
02-20-2005, 08:48 AM
Just passing this info along,

BJ's have a 25 pack of 14" x 14" towels, half white, and half blue, for $12.99.

Sam's Club has a 16 pack of neon-yellow 16" x 16" towels for $4.81.

I got one BJ's pack, and 2 Sam's packs, I should be good for a very long time. :) Now if they only sold the larger waffle style towels for drying cars.

While on the subject, I bought a microfiber mitt from Pep Boy's for $3.99, same brand as the BJ's towels. I think I'm going to return that though.

I have had the blue and white ones before they dont last too long, but they are cheap, how do the yellow ones compare to the blue and white? Are they the same yellow ones that costco sells 20 for $10?

Steve

MarcZHP
02-20-2005, 08:52 AM
I have had the blue and white ones before they dont last too long, but they are cheap, how do the yellow ones compare to the blue and white? Are they the same yellow ones that costco sells 20 for $10?

Steve

I haven't used any of them yet. :(

NH-SHICKS
02-20-2005, 08:55 AM
I haven't used any of them yet. :(

Just by how they look and feel, do the yellow ones seem heavier or denser?

Thanks,
Steve

FalconGuy
02-21-2005, 06:44 PM
PakShak.com has some incredible towels, if your a member of Autotopia you get a great discount as well.

A Perfect Shine
02-21-2005, 08:43 PM
I have the yellow ones and blue/white ones from Walmart. The yellow ones are pretty nice and do not scratch paint while the blue/white ones are pretty cheap and will scratch paint but are great on glass

ljh824
02-22-2005, 06:51 AM
I bought a pack of the yellow ones from Sam's about six months ago. I've washed them twice i think, and now I'm noticing that the towel is starting to leave fibers on the finish of the car after I'm wiping. Very small fibers but since they are yellow, very noticable on my gray finish. I think I'm gonna trash em.

NH-SHICKS
02-26-2005, 05:51 PM
I went to Sam's am picked up a package of each brand. The homtex brand is better and I should have bought two packs.

Between both packs, I got 30 towels for $15

Steve

TOGWT
02-27-2005, 09:28 AM
PakShak.com has some incredible towels, if your a member of Autotopia you get a great discount as well.

Great towels, sam's, Walmart are not even in the same league (just my opinion but, 25K+ vehicle 2-bit towel to clean it?)
JonM

NH-SHICKS
02-27-2005, 09:57 AM
Great towels, sam's, Walmart are not even in the same league (just my opinion but, 25K+ vehicle 2-bit towel to clean it?)
JonM

Agreed, but there are a lot of things I don't want to use nice towels for. I use the nice ones for drying, polish and wax removal.

Steve