PDA

View Full Version : Walmart RV Water Filter

MarcZHP
02-19-2005, 10:10 PM
Walmart has a water filter designed for RV's that fits to a standard hose and spicket. It's only $17! It's made by Camco.

http://www.campingworld.com/browse/skus/index.cfm?skunum=18478&tab=reviews

I believe that is the same product.

I googled it and it gets good reviews, apparently will last a full camping season, so I'm sure it can handle a year of car washs.

jttaglia
02-21-2005, 12:40 PM
I bought one yesterday, I hope it works well.

jetstream23
02-21-2005, 03:53 PM
Are these disposable though? I hooked up a GE household water filter in my garage and just outfitted it with the correct connectors to take a garden hose in and a garden hose out. I use a 15 ft. hose from my external hose bib to the unit that's mounted just inside my garage door, and then have my regular 75 ft. hose on a roller mounted next to the filter cannister. I'll post pictures.

My method is slightly more expensive because the device itself is about $30 but the replacement filters are about $10 so over time it works out. Guess it depends how much you use it.

Water softening is another challenge that I have yet to overcome but I have some ideas.

MarcZHP
02-21-2005, 04:49 PM
Are these disposable though? I hooked up a GE household water filter in my garage and just outfitted it with the correct connectors to take a garden hose in and a garden hose out. I use a 15 ft. hose from my external hose bib to the unit that's mounted just inside my garage door, and then have my regular 75 ft. hose on a roller mounted next to the filter cannister. I'll post pictures.

My method is slightly more expensive because the device itself is about $30 but the replacement filters are about $10 so over time it works out. Guess it depends how much you use it.

Water softening is another challenge that I have yet to overcome but I have some ideas.

Nice setup! The Walmart one is disposable I believe.