PDA

View Full Version : New Member, New X3

tonymey
02-21-2005, 12:55 PM
Just picked up my X3 3.0 on thursday and got a whopping 200 miles on it. So far so good. The only questions (problem) I have is: I can't get the rear window washer fluid to come out,, I read the book and I know you push it away from you and hold it but nothing happens, I live in Germany (with the US Military) and it's been snowing and wet and it really needs the fluid. I'll probably go by the BMW dealer tomorrow and have it checked out. Also I got the Bridgestone Tunanza EL42 tires as stock (base suspension), has anyone had any problems with them? So far they have done well in these pass few days in the snow and rain but I heard the got a bad report. By the way I've been a BMW driver for over 20 years and currently drive a 1997 740i, (X3 is the wifes) so I'm no stranger to these cars and know they do have gremlins in them from time to time which has let me to become good friends with my local "German"BMW dealer. :dunno:

Curious Joel
02-21-2005, 01:02 PM
Welcome! Congrats on the X3, but sorry I can't be of any help in that area.... :eek: My best friend's dad was stationed at Ramstein for a few years, and my friend was born in Landstuhl.

ffchun
03-28-2005, 07:43 PM
congrats on your car. I just got one last month. I suggest you look at Tire Racks website about your tires. Good Luck

Just picked up my X3 3.0 on thursday and got a whopping 200 miles on it. So far so good. The only questions (problem) I have is: I can't get the rear window washer fluid to come out,, I read the book and I know you push it away from you and hold it but nothing happens, I live in Germany (with the US Military) and it's been snowing and wet and it really needs the fluid. I'll probably go by the BMW dealer tomorrow and have it checked out. Also I got the Bridgestone Tunanza EL42 tires as stock (base suspension), has anyone had any problems with them? So far they have done well in these pass few days in the snow and rain but I heard the got a bad report. By the way I've been a BMW driver for over 20 years and currently drive a 1997 740i, (X3 is the wifes) so I'm no stranger to these cars and know they do have gremlins in them from time to time which has let me to become good friends with my local "German"BMW dealer. :dunno: :p

ICEBERG
03-29-2005, 09:54 AM
Welcome, I second the tire rack idea. They usually have reviews on tires there from other people, take a look. Enjoy.