PDA

View Full Version : My X3 Cost $61,850

tonymey
02-23-2005, 07:16 AM
True, I live here in Germany but am able to buy my car at US Military prices and I feel I got a good deal on my X3 3.0, with the fancy lights and beeping bumpers. I paid 35K. But did you know that same car here in Germany cost $61.850,, no joke, do the math. Go to BMW.de and build your X3, that price is in EURO, Example my car came out to $39.470 when I price it on the MSN website, so I figure I add about 7% for taxes and came out to around $42.500. That same X3 with the same options comes out to 49,480 euros which converts to about $61.850 US Dollars. And to make matters worst you only get a 2 year warranty plus you pay for your own service. :mad: No wonder you hardly see them in the country that created them :cry:

AB
02-23-2005, 07:21 AM
:yikes:

x3man
02-24-2005, 05:38 PM
True, I live here in Germany but am able to buy my car at US Military prices and I feel I got a good deal on my X3 3.0, with the fancy lights and beeping bumpers. I paid 35K. But did you know that same car here in Germany cost $61.850,, no joke, do the math. Go to BMW.de and build your X3, that price is in EURO.

Maybe you should do Euro delivery, keep it and pay the VAT and save some $$$.

:drive:

voltron1011
03-15-2005, 06:41 AM
You forgot to switch it around the other way. Take the dollar amount you paid and convert it to Euros. 26,000 to be exact. :cry: That's how much BMW made on that vehicle. :cry: Now take the X5 which is made in the States and imported for Europpeans. BMW is making a boat load of money on those, however not enough to offset the rest of their models manufactered in Munich and Austria. The exchange rate REALLY SUCKS!!!! :mad: :cry:

dlflyboy
03-27-2005, 11:47 PM
True, I live here in Germany but am able to buy my car at US Military prices and I feel I got a good deal on my X3 3.0, with the fancy lights and beeping bumpers. I paid 35K. But did you know that same car here in Germany cost $61.850,, no joke, do the math. Go to BMW.de and build your X3, that price is in EURO, Example my car came out to $39.470 when I price it on the MSN website, so I figure I add about 7% for taxes and came out to around $42.500. That same X3 with the same options comes out to 49,480 euros which converts to about $61.850 US Dollars. And to make matters worst you only get a 2 year warranty plus you pay for your own service. :mad: No wonder you hardly see them in the country that created them :cry:

Sadly, the Euro is stronger than the Dollar. :tsk:

DUCTTAPE
03-28-2005, 03:35 AM
Sadly, the Euro is stronger than the Dollar. :tsk:

It's only sad if we want to buy something, which doesn't keep jobs here. If we want to SELL something, the Europeans are in a position to buy and buy. That, does create jobs here.