PDA

View Full Version : Bus Signal In Tft Screen!!

pampo
02-23-2005, 09:32 AM
Hi,

I live in Italy and I drive a BMW X3.
The car was bought without navi and monitor. Now I bought an original tft screen (flipping motor included) for a good price on ebay...

The problem is that I cannot make it work!

I do not want to make a navi system by myself, I just want to make the screen accept a dvd or a camera input.

It has the RGB cables but it does not turn on without a code from the BMW bus.

Does anybody know how can I do? Can I get that signal somewhere??

Thanks,

Alex

jvr826
02-23-2005, 10:43 AM
I'd try navtv.com, they interface with the i-bus system. perhaps their installation manual will shed some light on the pins/wires you need to work with.

DeLo_X3
03-04-2005, 02:18 PM
Do you happen to have the part number for that screen handy?

Thanks

pampo
03-08-2005, 02:22 AM
Do you happen to have the part number for that screen handy?

Thanks

.......But if you want I can sell it to you, I'm not able to make it work! Perhaps you can!

Bye.

ianrossip
03-08-2005, 07:50 AM
I have exactly the same problem, I'm unable to make my BMW Flap CID work. Until now I could'nt find anywhere some informations about the command to send over the I-Bus to enable the monitor. I have the pinout, I tried to connect a RGB sync on green signal but nothing was appening. I also tried to listen over the I-Bus line for something coming from the CID but nothing... Nobody has an idea?

Ian

letman
04-25-2008, 07:17 AM
Hi guys,

I'm bringing this very old post up again since I'm looking for wa way to get a CID for the X3 accepting A/V signals or even better: is it possible to link it to my TomTom One so it displays the info from my TT One device?
Thanks!

Rob V
04-25-2008, 08:11 AM
I don't really have any useful information for you but how would you get the TT to send the display signal to any device? Does it have a video to tv out? If not then you're going to have to open it up and do some serious hacking! Dependig on the TT device you have the BMW NAV screen may not be all that much bigger. Doesn't sound like it's worth it to me.

letman
04-25-2008, 01:19 PM
Ok, thanks for the info.
Guess I was to eager when I saw that CID on eBey for 17EUROS on eBay...
In fact I was just looking for a nice way to place my TT on my dashboard and the storage compartment on top of the dashboard is just not deep enough to permanently mount/fix my TT (would be nice since that way I can keep it on all the time and just hide it by closing the compartment)

Ray.Garage
05-17-2008, 07:47 AM
anyone figure out how to connect the cid flip-up display on the x3 ? I took out the sunglasses compartment in order to fit the display but there were no wires behind - so I guess I have to wire it up myself. I guess it takes power and ibus and video.

Anyone have a pinout diagram ?

Ray

jvloyola
08-18-2008, 01:08 PM
Ha anyone been able to make the screen work with an external source? I'm looking to fit one into my X3 and use it as a screen for the dvd.
Any pinout and / or iBus info would be appreciated.

Thanks!!

Vinny