PDA

View Full Version : New X3 Fails dog test

bredi
02-25-2005, 12:15 PM
Its ironic.

One of my rationalizations for getting an X3 over another coupe was the dog factor.
I thought my pup would be happy in the back.

Wrong. Looking in the back mirror, my 70 pound Lab was getting bounced all around. Up actually. And these are on california roads.

I read alot of reviews that criticized the bounce in the back. I didn't realize they were riding in the trunk!

I'm going to get a BMW trunk liner. Its got some cushion to it. But I think she will win out and get the back seat. Just like the couch at home. Who's trained who, eh?

I bought a BMW brand back seat dog cover for my 328ci awhile back ago.
I don't seen anything like this for the X3.

Anyone have a dog cover for their X3?
Any recomendations?

thanks

bredi and "Luna"

DeLo_X3
02-25-2005, 01:30 PM
Our 70lb Yellow Lab had the same problem and she is now riding in the back seat. Luckily she is a the same color as my sand interior!

DeLo_X3
02-25-2005, 01:38 PM
My Dealer gave me an accessory catalog when I bought my X3. In that catalog there was a dog back seat sling. It is a piece of heavy material that connects from the backs of the front seats to the back of the rear seats. It is then easily removable and washable.

The pros are that it will keep the wet dog and muddy paws off your seat and if you happen to stop short the dog won't slip into the foot wells. The cons is that is around $250 (I think). There maybe third party versions that will fit also.

USMCAg00
02-25-2005, 08:44 PM
Not to be a smart a$$, but why don't you fold down one of the seats? Works for my Rottie.

bredi
02-27-2005, 03:57 PM
its not about the space, its about the ride.
she gets tossed in the back.

thnx

Ryouko
02-28-2005, 07:41 AM
I've got two German Shepherds, and I don't notice them bouncing around too much, and we live in Northern VA, our roads aren't too good here either. Our older male just lays in the back and naps for hours, while our 1 y/o female is always up and about with her head between us anyway. Pup can't sit still!

bredi
02-28-2005, 12:45 PM
Wow, that sucks.

We BMW back seat cover for the 3-series. It worked pretty well, but it now has a big rip in it at the seam where the back meets the bottom. The level of quality didn't match what you might expect given the price.

I have a cover for my 328ci coupe. Same thing happened!
It didn't last more tha a year.

I agree, the quality for the price doesn't match.
i thought of writing a letter about it.

JLee
02-28-2005, 06:13 PM
you guys really can fit all these large size dogs in the back ?

i saw the rear and wondered if i would even get my guy in there or have to fold down the seats.... :dunno:

jeff

Kewl X5
02-28-2005, 06:45 PM
Since you are in the east coast, are you further up north where you get snow? X3 will provide better snow traction than a typical RWD 3-series. The higher ground clearance will allow the X3 to go through 1 foot of snow better than even a 330Xi.

There is something for everyone....The X3 is definitely more roomier than the little 3-series and the X5 is even roomier.

You could probably stick your dog in the back seat of the X3, X5, or 3-series. Different cars for different purposes.

So did I.. for about 30 seconds. :rofl: Screw it. I might try to sew it up, actually.

Back on topic. If the X3 isn't good for carting dogs around in the back, it's just one more chip to put into the "what is this vehicle good for" pile.

bredi
03-03-2005, 12:41 AM
check this out.
nice but $300?

damn.

:bawling:

Larry Cable
11-20-2013, 03:23 PM
check this out.
nice but $300?

damn.

:bawling:

I've had one of those BMW products for the 535ix and the X5 ... the zipper for the 60/40 split always fail ...

Want the Thrill
11-20-2013, 04:25 PM
How did an 8 year old thread come to life? Geesh