PDA

View Full Version : Darn seatbelt alarm!

FireFly
02-26-2005, 11:16 AM
I placed my laptop briefcase on the passenger seat yesterday and the darn seatbelt warning alarm kept sounding. Is there a way to turn it off, other than putting the seatbelt across my laptop bag? :dunno:

johnf
02-26-2005, 12:22 PM
I generally put the computer on the floor or in the trunk in case I have to stop suddenly.

rlefrancois
08-02-2008, 11:26 AM
Hi Firefly,
This problem is driving me crazy! I've even brought in my X3 to have them see what they can do, which apparently is nothing. Even a clutch purse can set mine off - apparently it's hypersensitive in the X3 for some reason. I make a lot of business calls in the car and the alarm is embarrassing. I've heard you can buy just the seatbelt end in Europe and clip that in. If I get it - I'll keep you posted.

Evlengr
08-02-2008, 11:51 AM
I will be working on installing some hi end speakers under the seats this month. I am betting this is a simple relay concept, which means you can close the circuit (turn it off) by using a small wire and clips.

I'll see what connectors they use and get back to you.

Mitch3672
08-02-2008, 04:24 PM
Or just fasten the passenger seat belt when you need to put something heavy on the seat. Does the trick.

cnp55
08-12-2008, 06:50 AM
Hi Firefly,
I make a lot of business calls in the car and the alarm is embarrassing. I've heard you can buy just the seatbelt end in Europe and clip that in. If I get it - I'll keep you posted.

Some pet shops will sell a dog harness and lead that have a *universal* seat belt clip so you can fasten your dog to the seat belt connector. Easier than ordering from Europe! Bamboo is one of the companies -- look for the lead they make.

rs6654
08-12-2008, 07:52 AM
How about a seatbelt clip from a junkyard? My local "U Pull" normally doesn't charge more than a couple of bucks for stuff like that.

3seriesbmw
08-12-2008, 09:27 AM
I suggest the junkyard option for something like that!:thumbup:

3seriesbmw
08-12-2008, 09:27 AM
could you have one made?

vern
08-13-2008, 06:13 AM
I generally put the computer on the floor or in the trunk in case I have to stop suddenly.
+1
cheers
vern

bimmer_fam
08-13-2008, 09:27 AM
could you have one made?

I've seen some posts about people making a plug out of old credit card... Don't recall the exact model of the car this was for, but essentially, the person who made this buckle plug, had to cut out the old card using belt buckle as the template.

Good luck! :bigpimp:

ggd4971
08-14-2008, 09:47 AM
mine used to come on even without having anything on the passenger seat , it usually happens around noon or evening time (doesn't comes on during my morning commute even with light weight bag on the passenger seat) .
My car is in for 100k mile service and was told this was due to a short circuit in the seatbelt control unit and would cost me around $400 to fix it .

any suggestions